Private hospital in trouble for charging Bt30,000 for diarrhoea

webfact

6 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

Why would you go to the hospital for a simple case of the runs? A pharmacy should be your first call. Of course, if the treatment from the pharmacy doesn't work then it's not really a simple case of diarrhoea, is it?  

Indeed! If it's a simple case of diarrhoea, you should be charged 30k when going to a hospital for stupidity!

Same for a simple flu. Just take care of yourself a couple of days and you are fine. 

I'm not talking about special cases or people which are more at risk, but normal healthy people do not need to see a doctor for these simple illnesses. 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the private hospital where I am has a simple rule no matter why you go there the doctors are to prescribe 10.000 baht of pills and medicine for you to take home ( up to 3 months supply) whether you need them or not also the same pill etc. are a third the price at a chemist shop I have read that this is legal in Thailand so not much chance of stopping it

A simple blood test at a fanciest hospital in Pattaya is 1550baht  exactly the same test done the same day to compare accuracy of results at Pattaya lab was 300baht.... and results very much the same!!!!!

3 hours ago, Graviton said:

I had a new bionic body done UK equivalent to the $6,000,000 man FREE....

You must also request the neural pack, you know, the brain..... that's expensive.

Last August I was charged 65,000 for 2 days at the Bangkok Phuket hospital for a bowel infection.

Even though I was still sick I had to leave. It was just over the top charging. I felt ripped.

I could have stayed in any hospital in Australia or NZ for that much.

8 minutes ago, Benmart said:

So many comics that have no meaningful input to this serious story. Barstools and drink are most likely nearby.

You need to lighten up, being too serious is not good for you.

Barstools and drink BS, i would love to be able to sit on a bar stool, but that would be impossible for me, also i had my last drink nearly 6 years ago.

So you are totally wrong.

27 minutes ago, Benmart said:

So many comics that have no meaningful input to this serious story. Barstools and drink are most likely nearby.

1 hour ago, mehrdad said:

If i diarrhea I will buy this only 45 baht!!! 

Not necessary to go private hospital and 30000 baht 

920FD160-20E9-4993-B039-85DC40B3FA00.jpeg

Ok Benmart, just for you.

Got to get some of this stuff for Lady coin.

I have enough of her Dutch Oven jokes.

Private hospital stay in the USA, Australia, England also very expensive.

If the guy went to a private hospital it was probably covered on his insurance. If not, why go to hospital for the runs! Pure stupidity if not insured. Any pharmacy in Thailand has a cure for the runs for less than a hundred baht. These people do not think. What would they do in their own country?

This amazing Kingdom has fantastic hospitals(private and government) with professional, courteous and knowledgeable staff.

I would suggest that the negative comments are related to y lucky ones who have never visited a Thai hospital for emergency treatment. 

9 hours ago, Lenny Jones said:

It's a bit hard for "instances" but not for services - bed of room rates. hourly charges, x-rays or a list of drug prices.

Look not every broken leg is the exact same procedure but it’s possible to give a basic pricing calculation printed out in Thai and English for procedures and hourly rates and meds but that’s not want they want to do. Why do hospitals not have an more open transparent pricing? Its an rhetorical question.

5 hours ago, soalbundy said:

That is your own fault for using a private hospital (probably BKK) I use a government hospital or the one private hospital in Surin that I know charges reasonable prices, example, wife had her appendix out, 3 days, private room 28,000 Baht, would have been even cheaper in a government hospital.

my incident happened in america.     "American business model,  where I was charged 17,000 dollars for one night in the hospital" 

and no, it was not my fault.  when you have an emergency, you go where you can.  you don't have the convenience and luxury of shopping around for the lowest price.  

Ok I have incurred an overnight BKK private hospital bill for 20,000 for food poisoning I acquired from a well known American restaurant chain in Terminal 21 Bangkok. 

I used all my previous medications that normally kills this sort of issue off but after 4 days of suffering I went to a recommended private hospital. 

Two bowel tests and one drip bag of saline and 7 packets of tablets on discharge......bugger

My question is re public hospitals in BKK, any members recommendations on good public hospitals based on personal experience that provide what one could consider appropriate quality services for reasonable charges.  

Thanks in advance

23 minutes ago, berrec said:

Ok I have incurred an overnight BKK private hospital bill for 20,000 for food poisoning I acquired from a well known American restaurant chain in Terminal 21 Bangkok. 

I used all my previous medications that normally kills this sort of issue off but after 4 days of suffering I went to a recommended private hospital. 

Two bowel tests and one drip bag of saline and 7 packets of tablets on discharge......bugger

My question is re public hospitals in BKK, any members recommendations on good public hospitals based on personal experience that provide what one could consider appropriate quality services for reasonable charges.  

Thanks in advance

None. I go to Chennai in India. Half the price of Thailand. Uk-trained doctors, latest equipment, JCI accredited. I've had two procedures there and very happy. Especially seeing as going there stopped getting an open cut as was diagnosed as being needed here.

13 hours ago, brokenbone said:

i paid 10k some 17 years ago on pattaya memorial hospital.

So what? I paid 100k for something 20 years ago - as long as you don't provide information about what you paid for then it's not easy to consider if it was over priced or not ... :thumbsup:

BTW, its not a secret that private hospitals overcharge both for the physical treatment and for the medicines and of the same reason it's both wiser and cheaper to buy what's needed from a nearby pharmacy whenever possible.

Actually I got a diarrhea right now along with a high fever. I will sometimes get antibiotics that start with N (forgot the name) and cost 60 baht, however, this diarrhea in Thailand is always nasty and sometimes it's not enough.

God, I love tinder. I got a few cuties that I've never met offer to bring me medication because I can barely move.

Only in Thailand.

There can be many gastrointestinal reasons for ongoing diarrhoea. Especially amongst expats. If usual over the counter tablets don't work then stool (and then maybe blood) tests are a must. But I think even in a private clinic in Dubai I only paid around 8-10,000 Baht for diagnosis (including consultation). 

7 minutes ago, hyku1147 said:

10 years ago, I was told by two Bangkok Pattaya Hospital surgeons that I needed emergency nasal surgery because my sinuses were being eaten away by bacteria. They quoted me 110,000 baht.

I smelled ???? a rat, so I went to Chiang Mai Ram. The ENT said the test results were negative, and that he was sure that I had a cologne allergy. Price? 1700b all in.

I ditched the expensive cologne; consequently, I am still symptom free.

It may also have been that you stopped stabbing your nose in everything and everyone ... :whistling:

You pay 40k up front to cover the next 10 diarrheas , so really you are just paying 4000 baht for each..... if lucky no need to go back for another year, :shock1:

Archived