Bhumjaithai to join a coalition but only if its “free kanja” policy is accepted

webfact

Bhumjaithai to join a coalition but only if its “free kanja” policy is accepted

Anutin-Bhumijaithai-FB-Page.jpg

Photo from Like Anutin Facebook Page

Bhumjaithai party leader Anutin Charnvirakul has made clear that his party will join the coalition that commands the majority in the House of Representatives but on the condition that the alliance accepts the party’s policy to legalize cannabis (kanja) and its products.

“Our conditions are loyalty (to the Monarchy), working hard, no conflicts, working for the people in addition to accepting and implementing the party’s policies.  We will not join any coalition which rejects our “free kanja” policy, instead we will then join the Opposition,” said Mr. Anutin during a seminar in Thailand’s northeastern province of Buri Ram on Monday to brief its MPs.

Touching on the party’s decision over which camp to join, Pheu Thai or Palang Pracharat, Mr. Anutin said that he first needs to get approval from the party’s executive committee and MPs.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bhumjaithai-to-join-a-coalition-but-only-if-its-free-kanja-policy-is-accepted/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-05-22

let's be honest, the bhumjaithai party doesn't give a damn about thc, first time in my life, i'm against the pro-weed crew, but seriously, this guy has a chance to push for real democracy but instead he's acting like a hooker not sure which sugar daddy to visit (with all due respect) 

17 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

Am I reading this correctly, Thailands future now depends on dope ?

Actually that sounds about right ????

Not much different from the last 4 years but without any highs

Would be nice if he manages this then something would come out of the disaster that were the elections. It would be a real step ahead.

Some part of me thinks he is making a big show this way to make sure his supporters see he is really pushing the idea but will later give up.

But if not then Go... Go.. can help a lot of people and if people stop drinking alcohol and taking Yaba but smoke poth a lot less aggression. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

We will not join any coalition which rejects our “free kanja” policy, instead we will then join the Opposition,”

What if they reject the “free kanja” policy as well?

As if Thais don't do crazy enough stuff as it is.  The death rate on highways from booze is bad enough now we are going to let people get stoned and drive.

Imagine walking street NANA and cowboy if the people can all get high.

Tourism will definitely take a big drop in quality tourist.  instead, it will be the stoners and the Paedo and single drunks.

Pattaya will be a ghost town shortly after this goes through

4 hours ago, perthuniversity said:

let's be honest, the bhumjaithai party doesn't give a damn about thc, first time in my life, i'm against the pro-weed crew, but seriously, this guy has a chance to push for real democracy but instead he's acting like a hooker not sure which sugar daddy to visit (with all due respect) 

If one was completely honest the statement about not giving a damn about thc should be expanded to include anything that does not self enrich. Not sure he is acting like a hooker, more he may be looking for a hookah.

39 minutes ago, robblok said:

Would be nice if he manages this then something would come out of the disaster that were the elections. It would be a real step ahead.

Some part of me thinks he is making a big show this way to make sure his supporters see he is really pushing the idea but will later give up.

But if not then Go... Go.. can help a lot of people and if people stop drinking alcohol and taking Yaba but smoke poth a lot less aggression. 

If free dope was so high on the agenda of the Thais, as it is with the members of this forum, bhumjaithai would have got much more votes in the election

8 minutes ago, mecool said:

If free dope was so high on the agenda of the Thais, as it is with the members of this forum, bhumjaithai would have got much more votes in the election

Its high on the agenda of the Bhumjaithai and because of the power he has in a coalition he can push for it. I really hope it works lot less violence from people drinking alcohol and using meth. Would improve things a lot. Would get more tourists. Makes things here more relaxed. So I really hope the guy gets it done. 

That is how coalitions work if you have leverage you exploit it to get done what you promised the ones that voted for you. Shows you care about your voters. It might not be high on the list for other Thais but it was for his voters. 

26 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

As if Thais don't do crazy enough stuff as it is.  The death rate on highways from booze is bad enough now we are going to let people get stoned and drive.

Tourism will definitely take a big drop in quality tourist.  instead, it will be the stoners and the Paedo and single drunks.

0 logic on display here. Take a trip to Canada, Portugal or Colorado and see how they are affected. You are talking out of your....... And the very idea of making Walking street and NANA and cowboy any worse.....oh the humanity. laughable. 

5 minutes ago, briansbiology said:

0 logic on display here. Take a trip to Canada, Portugal or Colorado and see how they are affected. You are talking out of your....... And the very idea of making Walking street and NANA and cowboy any worse.....oh the humanity. laughable. 

Dont worry there will always be dinosaurs that can't accept that ganja is far less damaging then alcohol. People who don't understand that if people replace alcohol by ganja the aggression would go down. It would not affect Walking street and cowboy. Totally different public. It might just promote tourism for people who want to smoke some pot while watching the sun go down from their bungalow. 

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

Tourism will definitely take a big drop in quality tourist. 

instead, it will be the stoners and the Paedo and single drunks.

Well considering that you are not a stoner, which one are you then?

Tourism will definitely take a big drop in quality tourist. 

Considering that you were able to use Walking Street, Nana & Cowboy in your examples, I would presume that you are one of these quality tourists that you admire.

There is much more to Thailand than red light areas, you should try some of the real tourist spots. 

Seen any good movies recently?

I recommend 'Reefer Madness'.

1 hour ago, kingstonkid said:

No it won't just the worlds largest film set for the "Return of the Zombies, again and again"

6 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

Am I reading this correctly, Thailands future now depends on dope ?

Actually that sounds about right ????

If this or any country's future depended on politicians the game would of been over a long time ago, you just have to look at the U.K. or the U.S. to see that...  

8 hours ago, perthuniversity said:

Joining either "camp" won't be a push for "real" democracy. 

Just look at it with open eyes and no tinted glasses!

3 hours ago, robblok said:

Dont worry there will always be dinosaurs that can't accept that ganja is far less damaging then alcohol. People who don't understand that if people replace alcohol by ganja the aggression would go down. It would not affect Walking street and cowboy. Totally different public. It might just promote tourism for people who want to smoke some pot while watching the sun go down from their bungalow. 

To be fair Rob, I've never seen anyone affected in such a way as to make them aggressive or violent due to ganja/weed. Usually quite the reverse.

Whereas I've unfortunately seen and experienced many indulging in violence due to alcohol, male and female.

Alcohol is a big cause of anti social behavior. Also can cause over users to do stupid things and endanger themselves as the senses are depressed.

Some other drugs can have the same effect as alcohol but not ganja. Use must be responsible no driving etc. Not sure that would be observed here as drunks regularly drive.

1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

To be fair Rob, I've never seen anyone affected in such a way as to make them aggressive or violent due to ganja/weed. Usually quite the reverse.

Whereas I've unfortunately seen and experienced many indulging in violence due to alcohol, male and female.

Alcohol is a big cause of anti social behavior. Also can cause over users to do stupid things and endanger themselves as the senses are depressed.

Some other drugs can have the same effect as alcohol but not ganja. Use must be responsible no driving etc. Not sure that would be observed here as drunks regularly drive.

But that is exactly what what i said that aggression goes down if ganja is taken instead of alcohol. 

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Would be nice if he manages this...

"This" has already been managed already: Cannabis cultivation for medicinal purposes was approved by the government last year, and from reading an article the other day, Anutin said that that was what he was pushing for. So, basically, he will side with the Junta and say "Hey look, I brought you weed".

Now, I'll admit that originally I also thought he was for the legalization of all weed, but reading that article made me realize I was wrong. Or maybe I wsan't but he changed his stance as everybody is doing: Remember Prayuth saying that no NCPO people may join the government but then..., or the Democrats saying they were going to end conscription but then...

50 minutes ago, SABloke said:

"This" has already been managed already: Cannabis cultivation for medicinal purposes was approved by the government last year, and from reading an article the other day, Anutin said that that was what he was pushing for. So, basically, he will side with the Junta and say "Hey look, I brought you weed".

Now, I'll admit that originally I also thought he was for the legalization of all weed, but reading that article made me realize I was wrong. Or maybe I wsan't but he changed his stance as everybody is doing: Remember Prayuth saying that no NCPO people may join the government but then..., or the Democrats saying they were going to end conscription but then...

I read somewhere else he is pro legalisation. But I believe it has a lot to do with producing anyway this is the first step. I believe his idea's go further then what has been done. Mainly about producing. But its only a step away from more liberal laws. Anyway one can hope. I certainly would use it for sleeping (as long as it does not mess up my diet). If it was legal that is though I have never ever had to do a pee test anywhere.

4 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

No it won't just the worlds largest film set for the "Return of the Zombies, again and again"

Friendly zombies, though, they wouldn't bite. Maybe give you a toke too.

Archived