Retirement 800k

Hi Guys

Sorry if I am bit dumb on this. I am in Khon Kaen and just got my fist Non-Immigrant Visa/Retirement.

i have the 800k in the bank but I need to use some of it to live and pay bills.

when I need to go back to my  local Khon Kaen immigration office for the next 90 day stamp, do I need to keep showing 800k in the bank.

Cheers

You have or wish to obtain an Extension based on retirement/ money in the bank.

The current requirement is that the 800,000 baht needs to be maintained for 3 months after the extension is issued. After that 400,000 may be removed and you need to maintain 400,000 baht. To renew again next year, you will have to bump it back up to 800,000 baht 2 months prior to season it.

Even if you are not asked to return and show the money has been maintained as required, it may be vetted and cause problems when you try to renew next year. 

Edited by jacko45k

You need to keep it in Bank for 3 months ,before you

can take it down to 400,000 THB, you need to ask

your local office if its 2 or 3 months,that you have

to have 800,000 THB in ready for your next extension,

as different offices say 2 and some say its 3 months.

regards Worgeordie

Presuming you mean an extension and not an actual visa, yes the 800k cannot be touched for 90 days after the extension.

Your local office may either ask you to return in 90 days to show the 800k is still there, or will check at next years extension.

Not sure what you mean by 90 day stamp, presume you mean 90 day address reporting, if so that is nothing to do with the 800k in the bank. (its not when you show the 800k in the bank)

possibly your immigration has asked you to come back after 90 days to show the 800k still in the bank, and they stamp accordingly ? Again, its not clear what you mean by 90 day stamp.

Edited by Peterw42

Under the new rules the 800k baht must be kept in the bank for 3 months from the date you applied for a extension of stay. After 3 months you can lower the balance to 400k baht until you top up your account for the next extension application.

Unless immigration told you to return after 3 months with you bank book updated to prove the 800k is still there you will not need to show bank book again until your next extension application.