15 Amazing Shortcuts You Aren't Using

ravip

1 minute ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Is there a shortcut that blocks out threads that are nothing but a youtube video? 

Sometimes, some people find the youtube useful to learn simple tricks and tips. Most people dont know every thing thats available on this planet. I found this quite useful, hence decided to share it. Please do ignore it if it is absolutely useless for you. Thank you and wish you a very pleasant day, Sir.

5 hours ago, ravip said:

some people find the youtube useful to learn simple tricks and tips.

I  hate a video when a printed list is much more suitable for what is after all just a list of actions.  This type of video is just money making clickbait. 

50 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

How do you, (OP) or anybody else, know what shortcuts I am, or am not, using. A very presumptuous title in my opinion!

44 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

I  hate a video when a printed list is much more suitable for what is after all just a list of actions.  This type of video is just money making clickbait. 

The world is full of different types of people. Just because one person doesn't like something, that does not mean the whole world does not like it. Then again, some knows it all!

If it ain't useful for you, why not ignore it? Seems, some people does not need any reason to throw accusations... just boredom is enough.

Thank you very much for your esteemed valuable comments which taught me much more than the "money making clickbait"

I find the videos informative and helpful and enable people to pass information quickly and easily and not have to sit there typing it all out ! 

And you can pause/re-run at will or even listen whilst doing other things.

If something is not to your liking or intetest, simply move on, its not a requirement or opportunity to spit venom !

22 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Trying hard not to offend anyone, this might help. And to clarify, I don't know if you are using them or not...............:smile: These are for W10 but should work on W7 as well(?), or at least some of them.

1159024261_W10Shortcuts.thumb.jpg.56b798e1504ec7d5907e755fe9b102e1.jpg

Driving towards Victory Monument from Sanam Pao, if you turn left at the Expressway Entrance, there is a little side-road that takes you through to DIn-Daeng whilst avoiding the congestion of Victory Monument. This can cut 10-30 minutes off your commute in rush hour.

On 5/22/2019 at 9:03 AM, ravip said:

Sometimes, some people find the youtube useful to learn simple tricks and tips. Most people dont know every thing thats available on this planet. I found this quite useful, hence decided to share it. Please do ignore it if it is absolutely useless for you. Thank you and wish you a very pleasant day, Sir.

If I want to know something I visit youtube, not Thaivisa. These posts are so boring and useless.

On 5/22/2019 at 3:15 PM, ravip said:

The world is full of different types of people. Just because one person doesn't like something, that does not mean the whole world does not like it. Then again, some knows it all!

If it ain't useful for you, why not ignore it? Seems, some people does not need any reason to throw accusations... just boredom is enough.

Thank you very much for your esteemed valuable comments which taught me much more than the "money making clickbait"

..your tongue is just dripping with sarcasm.   

2 hours ago, Katipo said:

Driving towards Victory Monument from Sanam Pao, if you turn left at the Expressway Entrance, there is a little side-road that takes you through to DIn-Daeng whilst avoiding the congestion of Victory Monument. This can cut 10-30 minutes off your commute in rush hour.

do i need to press F5 to freshen up when i get there.

36 minutes ago, tandor said:

..your tongue is just dripping with sarcasm.   

Sometimes... sarcasm is the perfect antidote IMHO ????

In a public forum the interests and characteristics are so diverse, it is healthy to see even an iota of humour in the worst diatribe, me thinks...

1 hour ago, myjawe said:

If I want to know something I visit youtube, not Thaivisa. These posts are so boring and useless.

Sorry about that. If you wade across this forum, you will find thousands of questions asked and so much of useful and helpful answers given. Yes, it is a mine on knowledge.

But of course, each to his own for his/her methods of research.

6 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Is there a shortcut for deleting a corrupt folder?

I have a folder that I can't delete or access. In fact each time I click on it I get the old "blue screen of death".

I just avoid it for now, but it sure would be nice to get rid of.

Was it a folder you created? Could it be a system created folder? The name of the folder?

If you are sure it is NOT a system created folder, you could boot in safe mode and try to delete it with Admin privileges.

Edit

First you could try deleting its contents and then finally the folder.

6 minutes ago, ravip said:

Was it a folder you created? Could it be a system created folder? The name of the folder?

If you are sure it is NOT a system created folder, you could boot in safe mode and try to delete it with Admin privileges.

Edit

It is a folder I created and it is empty apart from another folder that seem to be the corrupted folder.

I will try to give it a go from safe mode. Thanks.

13 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If something is not to your liking or intetest, simply move on, its not a requirement or opportunity to spit venom !

Venom can be entertaining, provided it is done well.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:58 AM, Happy Grumpy said:

Is there a shortcut that blocks out threads that are nothing but a youtube video? 

And often these videos explain things which would be better explained with a few paragraphs of text.

21 minutes ago, ravip said:

Edit

Thanks, thanks and thanks again. Safe mode did the trick.

2 hours ago, ravip said:

Sometimes... sarcasm is the perfect antidote IMHO ????

In a public forum the interests and characteristics are so diverse, it is healthy to see even an iota of humour in the worst diatribe, me thinks...

But sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, are we not told?  (Getting my coat).

Thanks for posting it, and great thanks to Chrisinth for the cheat sheet which meant I didn't have to watch the video which I also hate for learning for some reason.                     

OP thanks for the post. If it helps some people great and those that interested easy enough to go to the next article. No need to

get knotted up over it. 

Hey anyone hear what happened to the couple that had the pod for 

living what they thought was International waters....

On 5/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, myjawe said:

Then go somewhere else and stop trying to lower us to your level of negativity. 

Another Windows shortcut that I find useful is <Win-key>+<shift>+s to select what portion of a screen you want as a screenshot.

It has options at the top, like rectangular screenshot, free-form screenshot, etc.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, Slip said:

But sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, are we not told?  (Getting my coat).

Thanks for posting it, and great thanks to Chrisinth for the cheat sheet which meant I didn't have to watch the video which I also hate for learning for some reason.                     

But sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, are we not told?  (Getting my coat).

When in Rome, do as the Romans do...????

On 5/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, myjawe said:

So why did you visit this site and then find the need to post your boring and useless comment?

Archived