BANGKOK 21 July 2019 10:24
webfact

Hundreds rally at U.S. Supreme Court, calling state abortion bans as step backward

4 minutes ago, Boon Mee said:

How can protecting the sanctity of life be interpreted as "a step backwards"? 

Because many (most?) of us are more concerned about the woman's right to choose whether she is able to bring up a child.

And that's without getting into the life of a fetus that could be born as an unwanted child in an orphanage.....

1 hour ago, dick dasterdly said:

And accepted by trump ala his 'hospital workers can allow their religious beliefs to over-ride any laws' (in simplistic terms).....

Far as I know, no western hospital worker can be forced to participate in abortions, as it should be. Religious objections irrelevant to assisting or not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Because many (most?) of us are more concerned about the woman's right to choose whether she is able to bring up a child.

And that's without getting into the life of a fetus that could be born as an unwanted child in an orphanage.....

Perhaps most of us should be questioning why women don't use birth control. Even if they didn't, there is the morning after pill. Even better, "no" is the most effective birth control ever.

Seems to me that some women think abortion is a form of birth control, when it should be a last resort and before the foetus is viable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If you take a few steps back you will see that until recent years Trump was pro-choice.

Now, of course with all the so-called Christian cults in the US it's very convenient to change your mind when millions of votes will be at stake.

Worth also noting that Trump has appointed more than 100 judges to various courts, all of whom are apparently ""pro life"".

So watch out for many fights on this subject in the years to come though why it plays such sn important role in U S politics baffles me.

• Like 1

Bottom line for this Amrican. I will not recognize your religiously motivated decision over my or my partners body. Your ”law” will effect only the poor. Those with financial means will seek medical care in more enlightened regions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps most of us should be questioning why women don't use birth control. Even if they didn't, there is the morning after pill. Even better, "no" is the most effective birth control ever.

Seems to me that some women think abortion is a form of birth control, when it should be a last resort and before the foetus is viable.

Perhaps many should be questioning the person who thinks birth control is 100% effective and who ignores rape, incest, a couple who does want a child being faced with the medical science determined fact that their child has a fatal genetic defect???

• Like 1

The anti-abortion laws are just a religious drivel created by men who definitely don't have to go through an unwanted pregnancy. There are not many women in that camp. And those who are, are devout religious practitioners.

In my opinion, as long as the fetus is connected to its mother through the umbilical cord, it is part of the mother, and she must have the right to make a decision about aborting, just like she has the right to make decisions about other parts of her body.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i'm against abortion at any case and i'm against banning of abortion at any case. i'm absolutely for abortion in case of rape or incest

Do you ever feel that things might be a little bit different if men were the ones who got pregnant? Just think about it fully for a moment and let the implications sink in.

I think there's a fair amount of truth to the the old adage:

"If men could get pregnant, abortions would not only be legal, they would be free of charge and available on every street corner in the nation."

• Like 2

On 5/22/2019 at 2:53 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Or, since women can only conceive and reproduce once a year, and men can reproduce an infinite number of times per year, maybe it would more effective to shift the burden of birth control to the those with infinitely greater potential to reproduce...? Why don't all men use birth control is a more salient question if your genuine concern is overpopulation.

On 5/22/2019 at 2:59 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Before the pill, good women didn't, and if they did and got pregnant they got married.

Not a history buff, are you?

• Like 1

there are cases where abortion should be allowed as long as it is early term, this abortions up until birth is bull sh*t where they allow the baby to be removed then left to die on its own, that  is murder. I can understand when there are physical problems with the fetus or rape/incest etc is involved, once the fetus is fully formed it becomes a whole different thing especially these days with medical advancements