Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Hundreds rally at U.S. Supreme Court, calling state abortion bans as step backward

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, seajae said:

this abortions up until birth is bull sh*t where they allow the baby to be removed then left to die on its own, that  is murder

Exactly - allowing a full-term, healthy baby to be born and then killing it is not abortion, it's infanticide. Which is why it doesn't actually happen. This is just another myth put out by the anti-abortion lobby.

 

Doctors do not perform abortions “up until the moment of birth”. If a healthy woman is in labor or carrying a full-term, viable pregnancy, a doctor will deliver the infant, not perform an abortion. Any suggestion otherwise is unscientific propaganda.

 

Even if you take the 21 to 24-week limit on abortions used as the cut-off point by the majority of US states, less than 1% of all abortions take place after that - and as required by the various legislation already in place, they only happen when the foetus is found to have a fatal abnormality (so it had no chance of survival anyway) or the mother's health and safety is in serious danger. The idea that abortions are routinely taking place "at the moment of birth" is just untrue.

 

The fact that even some Democratic politicians (such as Bernie Sanders) don't seen to realise this and have mis-spoken when asked misleading questions on the topic, doesn't alter the facts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 12:38 AM, Boon Mee said:

How can protecting the sanctity of life be interpreted as "a step backwards"? 

Ask the women that are protesting lol I know you know better lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, wwest5829 said:

Perhaps many should be questioning the person who thinks birth control is 100% effective and who ignores rape, incest, a couple who does want a child being faced with the medical science determined fact that their child has a fatal genetic defect???

I don't know if that is referring to me, but I am well aware of the defects in birth control and support abortion, as it seems to be the only effective means of preventing women that should not have babies having them.

I also support abortion free, and on demand no questions asked, for any reason whatsoever, as unfortunately we humans are trying to destroy the world that supports us with overpopulation, and abortion works to prevent babies being born.

In an ideal world, babies would only be born to 2 loving parents that can afford them. Unfortunately, the real world is anything but ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If men got pregnant, this would not have happened, as there would have been  100 percent different attitudes.  Instead the dinosaurs have changed the law. I will call that State, the backward state. Wow in 2019 no less.

Geezer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep it up Donald ha ha btw the lady’s must be allowed to decide if they are in a position to bring a child into the world not a bunch of religious nut jobs or Donald pandering to his ever decreasing base making their minds up for them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tug said:

Keep it up Donald ha ha btw the lady’s must be allowed to decide if they are in a position to bring a child into the world not a bunch of religious nut jobs or Donald pandering to his ever decreasing base making their minds up for them 

I'm sure they can decide. They know what the law says, and if the law says no abortion, they understand that every time they have penetrative sex with a fertile man they may end up having a baby. If they don't want to take that chance ( if not wanting a child ) just say no, like they used to when I was a young man, before the pill was invented.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure they can decide. They know what the law says, and if the law says no abortion, they understand that every time they have penetrative sex with a fertile man they may end up having a baby. If they don't want to take that chance ( if not wanting a child ) just say no, like they used to when I was a young man, before the pill was invented.

Because there were no unwanted pregnancies when you were a young man.

 

Doh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Because there were no unwanted pregnancies when you were a young man.

 

Doh!

No need for satire!

Of course there were unwanted pregnancies back then. Difference was that if a guy got a girl pregnant he married her. Probably most marriages were for that reason, but don't ask me for stats on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No need for satire!

Of course there were unwanted pregnancies back then. Difference was that if a guy got a girl pregnant he married her. Probably most marriages were for that reason, but don't ask me for stats on that.

Well there you go lady’s don’t you feel reassured now lol yup Donald’s toast!!   Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...