International Fireworks Festival this weekend

Rimmer

International Fireworks Festival this weekend

image.png

PATTAYA:--The International Fireworks Festival returns to Pattaya Beach May 24-25 with music and pyrotechnics.

The effusively-named “Grand Magnificent Spectacular Celebration” will kick off each day at 5:30 p.m. with fireworks, refreshments booths and photography corners.

The May 24 schedule calls for a fireworks display to honor HM the King at 8 p.m. followed by the “Living in Color” show by the Russian Federation at 8:15 p.m.

An hour-long concert intermission from Retrospect will proceed a “Color of Art” pyrotechnics display by the People’s Republic of China at 9:35 p.m. and “Over the Horizon” presented by the United States at 9:50 p.m.

A 10:05 p.m. concert by Paradox will close the night.

Read more: https://www.pattayamail.com/news/international-fireworks-festival-this-weekend-253673

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-22--

1 hour ago, toenail said:

Always a great event

......best watched, beer in hand, from the top of a condo building many kilometres away.....in any direction.

Or from  a rubber dinghy, ditto.

16 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Doubt that the United States is presenting anything.  Maybe a US contestant, but I call fake!

I am confused about this post, but then again I am sober.

3 hours ago, pieeyed said:

It is good to just take a rice mat, a cooler of refreshments and sit right on the beach. Never know if it will be raining which is always a problem.

I have been doing that every year for a  long time, although I prefered when this event was during the high season, with cooler nights and little worry of rain. 

Thais are good at these beach picnic events!

On 5/24/2019 at 9:18 AM, essox essox said:

so take a brolly with you !!!

Heavens opened about 9 o clock, wind caused a sandstorm on the beach and everyone left. No ideas what happened after that.

Great idea to have a fireworks display beginning of rainy season......

4 hours ago, sungod said:

Heavens opened about 9 o clock, wind caused a sandstorm on the beach and everyone left. No ideas what happened after that.

The fireworks were starting up again as I heard them at about 11pm. Seemed crazy as it was still raining.

Moving this event from November to the hot and rainy season is madness.

10 hours ago, sungod said:

where are you.....YOUR IN THAILAND !!!

On 5/22/2019 at 1:38 PM, from the home of CC said:

I'd love to go but all the drunken knobs tend to ruin crowd events...

It was mainly a family and young couples event. And because of the low tide there was loads of space and plenty of room for everyone. It was lovely to hear the waves lapping in synch with the firework.  A great night....and no boring cynical fun hating nobs.

On 5/26/2019 at 6:24 PM, essox essox said:

where are you.....YOUR IN THAILAND !!!

After the rain finished the Competition continued. It was great.  Suring the rain people hung out in bars, restaurants and shopping malls. The wimps went home.

Some people were swimming!

11 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

It was mainly a family and young couples event. And because of the low tide there was loads of space and plenty of room for everyone. It was lovely to hear the waves lapping in synch with the firework.  A great night....and no boring cynical fun hating nobs.

comment not influenced so much from from cynicism than experience of many years here, but am happy that people enjoyed this... 

1 hour ago, Huayrat said:

Oh look 1000s of empty firework cases falling into the sea.. pollution surely not sigh..

Its Ok, Don't worry. The cases will disintegrate and dissolve in seconds after coming in contact with the toxic sewage floating nearby..  :cheesy:

14 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

I have always enjoyed this event for many years now. And it was very well attended and surprisingly the newly extended beach was pretty full. Usually I am in a group of Thai women and a couple of Western men with mats, lots of snacks and some cold beers and it is a lot of fun.

Pity the thunderstorm rolled in Saturday and spoiled it a bit, usually I do Friday too! Impossible to get out of town after, so a hotel in Walking distance is a good idea. 

21 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

comment not influenced so much from from cynicism than experience of many years here, but am happy that people enjoyed this... 

Perhaps your many years here gave made you cynical. My gripe is with the sour faced grumpy old men, usually ozzies, staring malevolently at people having fun. Ring any bells? Such a group of nen have ruined a pub on Pratumnak Soi 4.  Check it out...you might enjoy it.

20 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Perhaps your many years here gave made you cynical. My gripe is with the sour faced grumpy old men, usually ozzies, staring malevolently at people having fun. Ring any bells? Such a group of nen have ruined a pub on Pratumnak Soi 4.  Check it out...you might enjoy it.

my main complaint for crowded events is the inability of people to keep some control when using the drug of their choice, IMO if can't handle your intoxicant then don't spoil it for the people who can.. 

Archived