Sanitation workers take on Pattaya’s dirtiest areas

Rimmer

Sanitation workers take on Pattaya’s dirtiest areas

image.png

PATTAYA:--Workers with equipment and trucks split into three groups and fanned out across the city May 17, working on roadsides along the railway-parallel road, Sukhumvit sois 29 and 52, and in front of Aksorn Thepprasit School.

Another group emptied trash bins at Wat Chaimongkol Market, cleaned an artificial reef for the Jomtien Fishery group, and cleaned the Central Road bypass tunnel.

The third group cleaned Soi Welcome, in front of the Marine Disaster Prevention Center, and at Bali Hai Pier.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-22--

12 minutes ago, monkeycu said:

As for the sanitation dept. cleaning the streets, isn't that their job???

Exactly! - for some reason? Pattaya has very few "sanitation" workers, though I'm sure they have a very large budget for them? $?

They could learn a lot from their Chinese neighbours where they clean the roads everyday, or more in busy areas.

So they fanned out across Pattaya?  All three of them?  Obviously cleaning up near some VIPs' houses.  They could do this every day for a year and not get to the bottom of it.  It's like painting the Forth Bridge - a job for life. Thais do not care about their environment and will tip and pollute anywhere to save a baht.

11 hours ago, newnative said:

Umm.   I can assure you that the areas mentioned do not come close to the dirtiest areas of Pattaya.  Seems to me they picked some of the cleanest areas to tackle.

I was going to ask the question from you natives around there would know where is the dirtiest places was all this just for show?

16 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Media stunt because they still not commit to clean up in jomtien 

Indeed. I walked the "promonade" the other day. The sidewalks are filthy from vendors grease and people sitting on mats, spilling whatever and adding to the mess. A pathetic image that begs a good washing.

2 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I was going to ask the question from you natives around there would know where is the dirtiest places was all this just for show?

The areas probably needed cleaned but I think it was mostly for show--picking prominent areas like the tunnel.

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

So they fanned out across Pattaya?  All three of them?  Obviously cleaning up near some VIPs' houses.  They could do this every day for a year and not get to the bottom of it.  It's like painting the Forth Bridge - a job for life. Thais do not care about their environment and will tip and pollute anywhere to save a baht.

NOT true about the Forth Road Bridge....it only takes a year to paint it !!! NOT a job for life.

Unlike here IT WOULD BE A JOB for life to clean up ALL the **it and dumped rubbish.....

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

Crikey, where to start? The fly tipping areas that get cleaned up and dumped over every other day. The group of houses that have a single blue bin to use that is overfilled daily with tied Tesco bags that get ripped open by the dogs daily. The dumping ground between Khopai and Arunothai. The sea and beach. Any spare land where a shack gets built. 

On 5/23/2019 at 9:07 AM, essox essox said:

NOT true about the Forth Road Bridge....it only takes a year to paint it !!! NOT a job for life.

Unlike here IT WOULD BE A JOB for life to clean up ALL the **it and dumped rubbish.....

I thought after a year they began repainting it?  That's why I said a job for life; same as putting a new beach in Pattaya; having police crackdowns at Songran.

Archived