Thapae Gate Solicitors.... farangs

XenZen

Why is there always some guy with a camera looking at me at Thapae gate?  I've now seen him about ten times, and seen him approach and sit next to women for a strange amount of time, and then gives them the weird stare when they leave.  Clearly he doesn't have a work permit, which is not my concern, but am I the only one who sees this guy????

I wanted to talk about the farang kid helping serve pizzas in Maya Mall, but I think that was last year and it's an old topic.  I'm still mad I didn't take a picture of that, but, again, I don't really want to get involved....I just shake my head. 

Thais can take pictures and serve pizza!!!!!!!  Farangs!!!!!!  Hahahahhahahha

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Bill97 said:

Work permit police?

Please find a life.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Do you not care if Farangs are breaking the laws of Thailand?

Breaking laws is bad for all of us.

Are we not here to make this place better??

Should we really make us look bad, break laws, and then act like it's ok to break laws???

Am I now a bad person for wanting laws to be followed by fellow farangs?

if we allow a few to break the laws, when will it end??  

when someone knowingly breaks the law, i am concerned.  

6 minutes ago, eyecatcher said:

He has probably seen you 10 times aswell and equally concerned about you stalking him.

I am sure he has seen me, and very concerned I am smart enough to know that he is acting very strange.  i am not afraid, and i have a work permit.  who wants some random guy with a camera to approach you (maybe a girl by herself) and who knows that he's saying or asking.  I am merely asking others what is going on........hopefully more will be aware and everything is OK.  

4 minutes ago, XenZen said:

Should we really make us look bad, break laws, and then act like it's ok to break laws???

I am concerned about your mental well-being seen your posts. Maybe you should find a hobby. Workpermit stuff for farangs is low on my list. I would do something if i saw farang friends start driving drunk as that really endangers people. Workpermits are way down on the list. 

Never seen a guy with a camera at Tapae Gate. But.. in relation to work permits you need to realise that there are indeed quite a few "farangs" or "farang looking" people who are Thai nationals. I even know of some Thai nationals (both mother and father Thai) who have lived their whole life abroad and speak terrible Thai. So even language is not always the key giveaway even if the face matches. "Farang" appearance and "Thai" appearance are not always as straightforward as they appear.

5 minutes ago, XenZen said:

Are you sure that your 'Farangs' are not, in fact Luk Kreungs and therefore perfectly entitled to undertake work in Thailand? 

31 minutes ago, sanemax said:

A work permit isnt required to take photos in public 

I'm 99.999999% sure he's acting like a business, and i'm sure he wants money.  

go talk to him

1 minute ago, worgeordie said:

Whats a   Strange amount of time ?

regards Worgeordie

have you no SIX SENSE?????    You know when it goes from "normal" to "OK" to "a little long"  to "strange" to "criminal"   

inordinate could be used i guess.   but strange gives it a better Stephen King feel....

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Relax he's one of those digital nomads, probably taking up skirt pics for his personal use

You beat me too it by seconds. I second the thought. He's "upskirting". That could make anybody look a little "strange".

1 hour ago, XenZen said:

Why is there always some guy with a camera looking at me at Thapae gate?  I've now seen him about ten times, and seen him approach and sit next to women for a strange amount of time, and then gives them the weird stare when they leave.  Clearly he doesn't have a work permit, which is not my concern, but am I the only one who sees this guy????

I wanted to talk about the farang kid helping serve pizzas in Maya Mall, but I think that was last year and it's an old topic.  I'm still mad I didn't take a picture of that, but, again, I don't really want to get involved....I just shake my head. 

Jesus.

51 minutes ago, XenZen said:

No.

None of my business.

Especially a pizza server.

Just give it a rest will ya.

4 minutes ago, XenZen said:

have you no SIX SENSE?????    You know when it goes from "normal" to "OK" to "a little long"  to "strange" to "criminal"   

inordinate could be used i guess.   but strange gives it a better Stephen King feel....

He's sitting next to someone,I don't find that strange at all ,even if it was

for 1 hour, Oh ! he has a camera in a tourist area,how strange ????

regards Worgeordie

1 hour ago, XenZen said:

In a word, no. This is Thailand and we are visitors. It is the Thai people's province to make it "better." It is not the province of retirees, missionaries, or other "do gooders" to make it "better." 

David

1 hour ago, XenZen said:

Do you not care if Farangs are breaking the laws of Thailand?[/quote]

No, that is the business of the Thai police.

No, we are here to retire and live our lives without disturbing how other want to live their lives.

Are you a policeman?

Or are you just a grass who looks around for people he can turn into the police for some sort of emotional pat on the back?

If you KNOW he is breaking the law, yes, it IS your responsibility to tell the police. If you just SUSPECT he might be breaking the law, it is your obligation to leave him the <deleted>@k alone!

2 hours ago, XenZen said:

Oh Lordy............Your the same guy who said.........

i wish him the best, and i wish him strength and support in a difficult time.  but that's how i roll.  

In another topic when it was pointed out a digi nomad was breaking the law by being with expired visa

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1101016-need-advice-starve-to-death-on-the-street-or-go-to-jail/?do=findComment&comment=14152962

I guess you swing roll both ways ????

No, I am more concerned about the nut case farangs than those who break no-victim laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, XenZen said:

I'm 99.999999% sure he's acting like a business, and i'm sure he wants money.  

go talk to him

Have you ever seen him ask for money ?

It doesnt make sense that he would take a photo of someone and then go and ask them to be paid for taking their photo 

There are people of western heritage whose families have lived in Thailand for three generations or more and have permanent residency and even Thai citizenship.  Given it a rest XenZen.  Surely you have better things to do with your time.

5 hours ago, XenZen said:

I am sure he has seen me, and very concerned I am smart enough to know that he is acting very strange.  i am not afraid, and i have a work permit.  who wants some random guy with a camera to approach you (maybe a girl by herself) and who knows that he's saying or asking.  I am merely asking others what is going on........hopefully more will be aware and everything is OK.  

Reading what you have posted, it appears to me that it is you that is acting strange.

5 hours ago, robblok said:

I am concerned about your mental well-being seen your posts. Maybe you should find a hobby. Workpermit stuff for farangs is low on my list. I would do something if i saw farang friends start driving drunk as that really endangers people. Workpermits are way down on the list. 

Agree and maybe the farang kid serving pizza is actually look krueng looks more farang but is a Thai citizen, no WP needed.

6 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Agree and maybe the farang kid serving pizza is actually look krueng looks more farang but is a Thai citizen, no WP needed.

Yeah, one time in Udon Thani I went to a nail salon in a mall that had very upscale equipment.  The owner, her toddler daughter, her mother and grandmother were all there.  Sadly, her skills in actually doing nails didn't equal the caliber of the equipment. 

Judging for the appearance of the succeeding generations of the ladies of this Thai family, it appeared that they'd all managed to snare themselves a foreign husband.  The toddler looked totally western, probably because genetically she was only 1/8th Thai, yet she would have been considered Thai because she was born into a Thai family. 

5 hours ago, XenZen said:

You have a work permit for looking at a man?

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

Yeah, one time in Udon Thani I went to a nail salon in a mall that had very upscale equipment.  The owner, her toddler daughter, her mother and grandmother were all there.  Sadly, her skills in actually doing nails didn't equal the caliber of the equipment. 

Judging for the appearance of the succeeding generations of the ladies of this Thai family, it appeared that they'd all managed to snare themselves a foreign husband.  The toddler looked totally western, probably because genetically she was only 1/8th Thai, yet she would have been considered Thai because she was born into a Thai family. 

Yes, I know of a case where a baby born to a Thai mother in Chula hospital nearly 30 years back was given a Thai birth certificate stating the baby was a foreigner. This was signed off by the hospital as the baby was born with fair hair and Caucasian features despite the mother being clearly Thai!!

The error was not picked up at the time and they refused to change the issued BC when it eventually was noticed. It needed a letter from the Ministry of Interior to reclassify the baby as Thai. Not a simple process. This notification being signed off by the Registrar on the reverse side of the original BC, which still shows the nationality as 'Not Thai' on the front side.

Archived