Thapae Gate Solicitors.... farangs

XenZen

The people who watch me with cameras do not concern me.

Farangs who talk about being watched by people with cameras do not concern me,

The people who follow me without casting shadows concern me.

~o:37;

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, XenZen said:

Do you not care if Farangs are breaking the laws of Thailand?

Breaking laws is bad for all of us.

Are we not here to make this place better??

Should we really make us look bad, break laws, and then act like it's ok to break laws???

Am I now a bad person for wanting laws to be followed by fellow farangs?

if we allow a few to break the laws, when will it end??  

when someone knowingly breaks the law, i am concerned.  

i think most of us Farangs could read your post if it was not double spaced .  Do you have a special permit to write that way?

4 minutes ago, laspalmas said:

I think the matter is obvious... XenZen should be deported !

Now I'm being threatened for reporting suspicious activity....

really....i've seen it all now.    imagine if i talked about a child being abducted....would you want me arrested for reporting the suspect???  i'm sure you would.

amazing.   what if i reported a guy drunk driving around school kids....how bad would i be then??????

Some flame posts removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Now I'm being threatened for reporting suspicious activity....

really....i've seen it all now.    imagine if i talked about a child being abducted....would you want me arrested for reporting the suspect???  i'm sure you would.

amazing.   what if i reported a guy drunk driving around school kids....how bad would i be then??????

Report to the police, reporting here is just blah bla blah

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, XenZen said:

Every bar advertising a happy ending is an illegal act. Loads of illegal acts in Pattaya every 10 seconds. We make the place better as every happy ending feeds a family in Isaan. 

Should we really make us look bad, break laws, and then act like it's ok to break laws???

Am I now a bad person for wanting laws to be followed by fellow farangs?

if we allow a few to break the laws, when will it end??  

when someone knowingly breaks the law, i am concerned.  

Unfortunately you appear to feel bad when other foreigners are perhaps "getting something", and it gladdens your heart when that "something" is taken away from them ... which is a pretty sad attitude to take through life in my view. You dress it up around concerns over "breaking the law" but you don't really care about that, it's really just an exercise in jealousy and pettiness towards your fellow human being. 

Just be honest about it. 

A bit of a ho-hum read but some pretty funny responses. Almost feels like click bait.

It reads a bit like a "Story of Two Strange Men at Tapae Gate".

By the end, I think the OP is the stranger of the two.

All I ask..... go there tonight, maybe around 6 or 7 or 8 p.m..... and look for a guy by himself with a camera, with a serious look.  not that tall, and seems very interested in girls getting their picture taken.  usually by a tree.  

super easy.   go there, sit down, observe.   do it a few nights.  let me know when it's super obvious, and then you will understand.

yea, i honestly think it's creepy.   yea, i think it's a creepy way to make a living.  it's not like this guy is selling postcards on the street.  he's going up to girls and taking about taking their picture -- i'm sure for money.  maybe he pays them... OMG>....I hope not.

yea, my sixth sense says he's creepy.  i'm allowed that view.

i'll lay off this thread for a few days... SOMEONE go check it out.

thanks

"If you just SUSPECT he might be breaking the law, it is your obligation to leave him the <deleted>@k alone!"

I generally agree with FolkGuitar, but not on this one. 

All paranoia aside, I think the rule is if someone is acting suspiciously in a way that appears to contravene the law, a person ought to take note of that. It doesn't mean everyone should be monitoring everyone else for some infraction, but I get the point of the OP: someone is doing something that appears to him to be both possibly illegal and potentially unsafe. 

He isn't a tourist; he's got a camera every time; he appears to target females to sit with and discuss something; then appears vexed when the ladies leave. 

I'm not sure I'd run to the nearest police box (which is meters away), but it might make me curious enough to post something on ThaiVisa, so that people could flame me and try to turn the issue back on me and make me out as a schizophrenic psychopath (but then that's what ThaiVisa forum is for, yes?).

2 hours ago, XenZen said:

All I ask..... go there tonight, maybe around 6 or 7 or 8 p.m..... and look for a guy by himself with a camera, with a serious look.  not that tall, and seems very interested in girls getting their picture taken.  usually by a tree.  

super easy.   go there, sit down, observe.   do it a few nights.  let me know when it's super obvious, and then you will understand.

yea, i honestly think it's creepy.   yea, i think it's a creepy way to make a living.  it's not like this guy is selling postcards on the street.  he's going up to girls and taking about taking their picture -- i'm sure for money.  maybe he pays them... OMG>....I hope not.

yea, my sixth sense says he's creepy.  i'm allowed that view.

i'll lay off this thread for a few days... SOMEONE go check it out.

thanks

Tbh, i think you are a bit obsessed, now it seems you are organizing a manhunt, and it sounds creepy.

I saw the guy this afternoon, and he gave me the creepy feeling.   alone, camera pointed down, looking at everyone in a weird way.  maybe around 1 p.m.

no manhunt.  I've never talked to him, or took his picture.  just OBSERVE.

I need a few other people to see this guy and then tell me I'm crazy, and then end of the thread, or that maybe, just maybe, this guy is a little off and we need to save kids/girls/women/tourists/etc.. from possible something.  

i'm shocked people on here can't think i might possible be paranoid for the right reason.   Oh, at halloween, some guy followed your kids and talked to them and wanted to take their picture and chat online.....oh, great!!!!  NO.  There is the 10% chance this guy has a creepy past and all of you will feel like you actually are helping this great city be less safe.  

i just need confirmation.   

On 5/22/2019 at 2:50 PM, NancyL said:

There are people of western heritage whose families have lived in Thailand for three generations or more and have permanent residency and even Thai citizenship.  Given it a rest XenZen.  Surely you have better things to do with your time.

Give what a rest?  looking out for the safety of others?  what do i have that's more important than saving young girls, possibly.

Oh, I see a guy hanging outside the bar and trying to put girls in his van when they are drunk.  give it a rest!!!!  What????  yea, maybe not the same, but you are giving him the benefit of the doubt based off nothing.  

again, go to Thapae gate, observe.  if you think he's normal, then ..........................................................    well............................................... 

2 minutes ago, XenZen said:

I saw the guy this afternoon, and he gave me the creepy feeling.   alone, camera pointed down, looking at everyone in a weird way.  maybe around 1 p.m.

no manhunt.  I've never talked to him, or took his picture.  just OBSERVE.

I need a few other people to see this guy and then tell me I'm crazy, and then end of the thread, or that maybe, just maybe, this guy is a little off and we need to save kids/girls/women/tourists/etc.. from possible something.  

i'm shocked people on here can't think i might possible be paranoid for the right reason.   Oh, at halloween, some guy followed your kids and talked to them and wanted to take their picture and chat online.....oh, great!!!!  NO.  There is the 10% chance this guy has a creepy past and all of you will feel like you actually are helping this great city be less safe.  

You need confirmation about what?

The fact that you are obsessed with that person and you need some professional help.

44 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Yes, or at least has "female" as gender in her profile.

Posters kept referring to OP as a he.  Profile does say female.  But who can you trust nowadays ?  haha

By amazing coincidence, I was walking across Tapae gate about 1230 and  1300 (two times). Had a good glance around, didn't see any guy with a camera. Saw a few Chinese, less pigeons than there used to be and a few Thais minding their own business.

I did notice very light on traffic, easy peasy to cross the road anywhere.

Live and let live.  If some farang is working and is not hassled by the Ministry of Labor, then why should you fret about it.

Have a beer.  chill, and enjoy all the Chinese pretties wandering around with floppy hats and sunglasses while feeding the pigeons and taking pictures.  There's more to life than worrying about what other people are doing.

Def a troll, confirmed.

I'm baffled by the number of seasoned members here that continue to take this kind of bait.

You must be seriously desperate for conversation.

I've got some advice for the OP/troller tho:

Get A Life 

15 hours ago, cmsally said:

By amazing coincidence, I was walking across Tapae gate about 1230 and  1300 (two times). Had a good glance around, didn't see any guy with a camera. Saw a few Chinese, less pigeons than there used to be and a few Thais minding their own business.

I did notice very light on traffic, easy peasy to cross the road anywhere.

well, thanks for looking.   I'm 100% sure I saw him yesterday, and I'm 100% sure if you go and sit and observe, you will see the one, short, strange guy with the camera.   That's really all I can say.   I saw him six-months ago when then marathon was going on.  maybe that was the first time.  

CREEPY METER at 100000%.   

Why would I troll about this?   It's not even really a troll post.   

The fact that the guy is sooooo out-in-the-open and obvious, maybe it's not as creepy as it could be.   But to stand there all day, every day, and at night..... well, yea, it's creepy.

I'm waiting for someone to meet him, tell me how nice he is.......and then he will come on, talk about something.....and i apologize.

but i don't care, if i save one girl from letting him try to get in her space at a very public place.   

i have a feeling if i went and talked to him, he would get very defensive.  

KEEP GOING TO THAPAE GATE!!!!  Sit down, yes, near the pigeons.

Today someone will notice!!!  

8 hours ago, Happystance said:

Def a troll, confirmed.

I'm baffled by the number of seasoned members here that continue to take this kind of bait.

You must be seriously desperate for conversation.

I've got some advice for the OP/troller tho:

Get A Life 

Again, I'm trying to make people be SAFE, aware of something strange, a strange guy with a camera, alone, creepy.

And i'm the bad person.

Whatever, that is YOUR problem.  not mine.

I will continue to try to help others if i think it's important

you can continue to condemn all who want to help others

up to you

17 hours ago, colinneil said:

You need confirmation about what?

The fact that you are obsessed with that person and you need some professional help.

you live in a house, a guy across the street has a knife, bloody, and you complain.

who needs the professional help?  knife guy or guy who is worried?

have you lost your mind????????

hhahahahhaha

14 hours ago, connda said:

Live and let live.  If some farang is working and is not hassled by the Ministry of Labor, then why should you fret about it.

Have a beer.  chill, and enjoy all the Chinese pretties wandering around with floppy hats and sunglasses while feeding the pigeons and taking pictures.  There's more to life than worrying about what other people are doing.

Of course I have done that for 99.9999999999% of everyone here.  Can NOBODY on here understand that this one guy is not like the 99.99999% of the other people.

hahahahahhahahhahaahahahah

if i did a post for all the strange farangs here, it would be 1 zillion pages.

so if you had a kid and the kid was bothered by a guy, would it be OK if i told you, "don't worry about what that guy is doing?"  no, he is affecting you.

yea, i'm being slightly over-dramatic to continue the thread, but you need to open your mind to what's normal and what's creepy.  

and for me to turn a blind eye to a creeper....well, we are different people, sorry.

1 minute ago, XenZen said:

Of course I have done that for 99.9999999999% of everyone here.  Can NOBODY on here understand that this one guy is not like the 99.99999% of the other people.

hahahahahhahahhahaahahahah

if i did a post for all the strange farangs here, it would be 1 zillion pages.

so if you had a kid and the kid was bothered by a guy, would it be OK if i told you, "don't worry about what that guy is doing?"  no, he is affecting you.

yea, i'm being slightly over-dramatic to continue the thread, but you need to open your mind to what's normal and what's creepy.  

and for me to turn a blind eye to a creeper....well, we are different people, sorry.

The more silly nonsense you post just proves my point, you need professional help.

Archived