Pattaya preps sewers for rainy season

Rimmer

Pattaya preps sewers for rainy season

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya workers cleaned up sewers and sucked out drainage pipes to prepare for rainy season.

A box culvert was laid on the east side of the railway-parallel road at Soi Nong Krabok, a sidewalk sewer cover leveled on Thepprasit Soi 11, and pipes dredged under Second Road from Central Road to the Dolphin Roundabout.

Clogged pipes on Pratamnak Soi 4, Walking Street and Sukhumvit Road in front of the Father Ray Foundation were unclogged.

Workers also repaired a leaking water pipe on Soi Kasetsin and drain covers replaced on Jomtien Soi 5, Jomtien Beach Road and Thepprasit Soi 7.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-22--

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

Any improvement to Kao Talo & Kao Noi planned?

I've started to buy my cars according to the highest clearance from the floods.

SOP in Thailand, where there wont be any floods...next year

8 hours ago, mok199 said:

last nights short thunderstorm,yet more damage and erosion on our 800.000.000 bt beach.....Just blame the rain again...

P1010240.JPG

P1010243.JPG

P1010256.JPG

At least they are at the number one spot for inland erosion ????

17 hours ago, mok199 said:

last nights short thunderstorm,yet more damage and erosion on our 800.000.000 bt beach.....Just blame the rain again...

P1010240.JPG

P1010243.JPG

P1010256.JPG

That’s only top sand. The sub-structure (1500kilo bags) remains sound.

doesn’t take long to replace it. Only took a few days when we had the big storm a month ago. ????

2 hours ago, ianezy0 said:

That’s only top sand. The sub-structure (1500kilo bags) remains sound.

doesn’t take long to replace it. Only took a few days when we had the big storm a month ago. ????

Sorry sir, I have lived on this beach for years, and this new sand bag beach is an absolute disgrace ....we now have broken bags showing through the ''top 8 inch layer of sand'' ...I could go on and on about this .....but I will say this ....we now have dusty desert ,too hot to walk on during the day , this new sand never sees any natural waves to smooth and cool and clean it....an absolute fake mess...have a good day..

21 hours ago, mok199 said:

P1010240.JPG

P1010243.JPG

P1010256.JPG

Nature and gravity will reclaim this money sponge.

14 minutes ago, Benmart said:

Nature and gravity will reclaim this money sponge.

Not soon enough..for now, I and others who bought condos to be near some kind of natural beach ...have this ridiculous fake sand bag beach/boat launch with all the noise diesel exhaust and chaos that tour groups can bring on...$$$$$

And here we go again!!  sewerage, flooding, beach washed away +++++..... lets spend another few million bucks and sort it out again......:) if only they realized just how pathetic they look to people looking in from the outside... you don't need to be a rocket scientist or a brain surgeon!!

Ah, the world class family resort in all it's glory. I haven't taken a dip in Jomthien since 2009. That time I already got a rash, I imagine I'd be growing mushrooms or floating face down if I tried it now.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:14 AM, mikebell said:

Any improvement to Kao Talo & Kao Noi planned?

I've started to buy my cars according to the highest clearance from the floods.

Tip of the day: move out. Or start parking your cars on top of inflated truck tyres so they float. That area is among the lowest measured from the sea level, will always flood no matter what.

25 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Tip of the day: move out. Or start parking your cars on top of inflated truck tyres so they float. That area is among the lowest measured from the sea level, will always flood no matter what.

Along with soi Buakhao which was under 3 foot of water on Tuesday night. 

8 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Could you be a bit more specific? The intersection of Khao Talo and Khao Noi near Wat Boonsampan is way above sea level. 

12 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Excellent. Thanks for that. My AD makes it a bit confusing for me, but it appears only the very lower extremes of Khao Talo and Khao Noi, and the vast area in between, are problematic. Above the railway line it's more of a problem of the torrents raging downhill, some exceptions of course. I won't be here for the worst of the rainy season, so I hope you can get some pix and post them. Cheers.

2 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

My AD makes it a bit confusing for me, but it appears only the very lower extremes of Khao Talo and Khao Noi, and the vast area in between, are problematic. Above the railway line it's more of a problem of the torrents raging downhill, some exceptions of course. 

That's correct, there's an area with a few houses in it just next to thanon rodfai on the sukhumvit side that floods every single time it rains hard. They must have developed gills there already.

I used to live in a house on nong kabork where I could see from my window the stream from uphill rushing down towards the railway. Within 15mins it would flood downstream. And given the sewer systems here.. well, shit flows down. Better buy up in the hill (khao). The hi-so Siam Royal View moobaan has done exactly that - it's spoiled by short term renters though.

Archived