BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

Don’t care if it’s a BMW, FIAT or FERARI ... the driver is DELUSIONAL if he thinks he was in the right.

The <deleted> in the BMW is clearly correct, he is doing everything correctly- He wears a yellow shirt, drives an expensive car and is obviously much cleverer and richer than the other driver, absolutely not his fault at all, he is  ENTITLED to drive as he pleases, until hopefully one day he does the same stunt in front of an 18 wheeler with bad brakes or he pulls up another driver with a short fuse and a loaded 45!

Everytime I see this idiots, on an almost daily basis,

it reminds me of the 1950 cartoon of Goofy, called "Motormania"!

Goofy actually made his entrance to the comic with this one!

After that, they made a lot short movies with Goofy, titled "how to"

fish, how to hunt, and so on, but the first one made him famous.

Check it out, it`s like a How to do in "Thai Trafic"    

Happen every day in the land of no drivers licence.

They will never learn!!!   

1.                             Take it easy out there!!!    Greetings!!   

I do not care who does what.......I am not road raging with no one...........and ya only need to drive to 7-11 to have at least 2 reasons to.........but at my age........I just turn the page

7 hours ago, seajae said:

bmw failed to give right of way  and came out way too far to turn, he is totally at fault, I had exactly the same thing done to me, hit the horn as I barely missed hoim then he chased me and while I was turning into to get fuel cut across the front of me and I almost t boned him, He didnt move till I got out of my car and bashed his side window and said a few choice words, he realized I was bigger than him and pretty pi**ed off & he took off, Unfortunately many thais cant handle loss of face by being in the wrong so have to try to show how big their dicks are, tends to fall flat when they come up against someone that is more than ready to sort them out

On any given drive for me between rural Lamphun and Chiang Mai on Highway 11 I'll see multiple instance of driving just like this.  Honestly, think:  1/3 of Thai don't have a driver's license.  Of the other 2/3rds, probably less than 5% actually understand Thailand road law.  Virtually no one in Thailand, cops included, seem to understand 'right-of-way' laws judging my their driving behavior.
All driving here is like a surreal ballet of near misses due to utter stupidity and moronic driving.  Call someone on their stupidity, especially someone driving an upscale vehicle, and suddenly we have "road-rage."  
Thank God this isn't Arizona.  There'd be dead bodies with bullet holes stacked up like cord wood along the road.  It's good that Thailand comes down hard on those who carry guns.  Although - if you're driving a Benz or BMW???  🤔

1 hour ago, crickets said:

Entitled Hi-So Thai. You could argue until you are blue in the face with some Thais about road rules but you can never win even with an idiot.

I had one who hit me and said he wanted to go to the police to sort it out, even after showing him the dashcam and myself, my wife, and the insurance guy explaining that he can't do what this guy did. Same situation, except the guy ran out across the lanes right into my left rear passenger door, he was adamant that he was right, refused to accept he was stupid. I even got the "he is a farang, he is a farang" like I am automatically in the wrong, yet he refused to show his license or his insurance to my Insurance guy. I however was fully licensed and have first-class insurance, when we got to the police station we couldn't find him, I eventually found him and his buddy hiding around the corner of the building.....I walked right up to him and brought him into the police officer, and showed the dashcam footage, and the officer who told him he can't merge like that, DUH!!!!!

<deleted>..... German Cars. I thought that "Full Option" meant, that I get a full sized brain with it for all the millions I spent!!!!!😜😜😜

8 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

There is absolutely no question that the BMW idiot is at fault. Not that he'd see it the same way, because like so many "big car" owners he appears to be a self-entitled pr**k who can do no wrong. Book him, suspend his license for six months, slap him with a hefty fine and even charge him with illegally blocking a traffic lane and verbally abusing another motorist. I know, it's not going to happen, but it really should.

Agree in most you say, BUT it could help if Mr right had kept the speed limit as he passed every car on his way something that made his maneuverability more challenging ...

We may assume that the unnecessary honking trigged the road rage (light) as it does everywhere nowadays ... :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, alzack said:

Never but never toot your horn to a Thai driver, seen it many times it is a loss of face to them, always can end badly that's Thailand

I blare my horn all the time, I want them to be shamed and lose face, in fact I have been known to lay on the horn for quite awhile when someone is so greedy they block an intersection.

Strange all these falang saying that Thais drive like this all the time. Only once in 10 years has a Thai pulled straight out in front of me in a way that I would say was dangerous and caused me to emergency brake and that was only a couple of months ago as it happens). Yes quite a few pull out discourteously causing one to brake or pass around but only the once in the dangerous fashion portrayed here.

Why am i so lucky? I promise you i am not a complete apologist for Thai drivers generally but I do think the critics go way over the top. As I've said in comments a few times before on ThaiV "you should see some other countries (Turkey, Iran, India in my experience) if you want to see $hit driving.

Now the motorcycles - that's a different story. Less than 30 yo = flying suicide packages.

12 minutes ago, connda said:

Honestly, think:  1/3 of Thai don't have a driver's license.

I think this one is actually a proven fact, I believe I saw this in another article here in the LOS.

4 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Strange all these falang saying that Thais drive like this all the time. Only once in 10 years has a Thai pulled straight out in front of me in a way that I would say was dangerous and caused me to emergency brake and that was only a couple of months ago as it happens). Yes quite a few pull out discourteously causing one to brake or pass around but only the once in the dangerous fashion portrayed here.

Why am i so lucky? I promise you i am not a complete apologist for Thai drivers generally but I do think the critics go way over the top. As I've said in comments a few times before on ThaiV "you should see some other countries (Turkey, Iran, India in my experience) if you want to see $hit driving.

Now the motorcycles - that's a different story. Less than 30 yo = flying suicide packages.

You either live nowhere near Bangkok, or your lying thru your teeth, I see this same stunt multiple times EVERY DAY here.

12 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

Yes - during my 12 years driving a car in Thailand it has not happened often, but I have learned that it is all about to read the traffic carefully and expect the impossible to happen meaning never take anything for granted something we often do in the west where the majority follow the basic traffic rules... :thumbsup:

I hope that this doesn't sound too cruel or dismissive but it's between two Thais so I could care less.

In a country with a functioning police department, the BMW idiot would have been swiftly taken care of by calling the police to the scene using an emergency number.  This is not the case in this topsy-turvy world.