BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

Thai drivers are NEVER able to keep to their lanes when making a turn. 

11 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well there are a variety of issues here.  Firstly the BMW exited the soi, not into the nearside lane and then increased his speed which would then allow a safe filter across the other lanes, rather he drove straight out,with poor car control to actually swerve slightly back to the middle lane. He was in the main the poor driver.

However, secondly, the vehicle with the cam sounds like an old tractor so judging by the stupid selection of dials stuck on the dashboard it would suggest it was a tarted up old pick-up driven by a boy racer, witness the speed he was doing compared to other traffic. So whilst the BMW I would apportion 60% of the fault to the other 40% must lie with the other driver for driving to fast and not paying sufficient attention as he should have seen the exiting BMW sooner to allow him to take a smoother line of avoidance.

Punishment should be a Wai and give the local Monk a few baht for the BMW driver and for the pick-up driver, confiscate his pick-up until he fits a legal exhaust. Next case.  😂

I am scared to share the roads with clowns like you!

Ive got an old  pick up and what I think is my foot would have slipped onto the gas extra  hard the moment he cut in front of  me.

2 hours ago, mmushr00m said:

Thai drivers are NEVER able to keep to their lanes when making a turn. 

or  passing  any  vehicle on a 3  lane  road.

We can all go on and on about these incidents with Mr. Wanna Be Hi-So and their self of entitlement when they drive around in a BMW, MBZ, PORSCHE, Audi no matter how old or worn out it looks. It's never going to change in Thailand. The attitude of I'm Better than You is seen in all aspects of Thai life just more so when they have something to show to justify that self entitlement attitude.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not sure what the dash cam car was but I think the BMW has right of way in Thailand. Unless he was cutting off a Mercedes.

Both drivers are at fault.

Mr. BMW was, as far as I'm concerned making unsafe lane changes (or was attempting to) and was

guilty of road rage and unnecessarily and dangerously confronting Bird.

Bird was moving much faster than traffic flow, albeit in the fast lane, and was unnecessarily using his horn.

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Owning  a BMW or Merc they have 90% right of way on the roads 🙄,

or that's what they think,you get on the  Ferrari's and their ilk,

and its we own the roads,do you know who i am.

regards worgeordie

not the case if your a farang im afraid.

Some posts containing offensive memes have been removed. 

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Owning  a BMW or Merc they have 90% right of way on the roads 🙄,

or that's what they think,you get on the  Ferrari's and their ilk,

and its we own the roads,do you know who i am.

regards worgeordie

Yes if you own a Ferrari you can run over and kill a policeman and then travel the world on the Red Bull tour. Sad fact of life here.

5 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Yes if you own a Ferrari you can run over and kill a policeman and then travel the world on the Red Bull tour. Sad fact of life here.

And if you owned a Bugatti Veyron here you could probably run over and drag the Prime Minster thro' Bangkok streets and the whole country will be cheering you on 😂

i get a little angry when this happens. however, I am so thankful that nothing happened to me and my passengers, I do not carry the anger any further. I think it is stupid to make a bad situation worse.

I don't understand what the fuss is about, standard behaviour for many BMW drivers in the UK.

Seriously though, this man is a dick.

My dad had this little ditty:

Here lies the body of Mr Grey

Who died defending his right of way

He was right, dead right as he drove along

But he's just as dead as if he'd been wrong