Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

webfact

Not going to read all 12 pages of comments but incase no one else noticed the bmw just drove straight out of the soi without even stopping. No turn signal straight across every lane of traffic without first looking to make sure it was safe to do so. Multiple traffic offenses by the x1 driver. Lastly to the guy who said he was driving too fast. The one with the dash cam. What proof do you have of that. I myself so many times in the past 2 weeks been stuck behind thais who stop in the middle of the rd drive 20 or so under the speed limit even in thr far right lane. Thus to even do the speed limit looks like you are driving very fast. So yes thai just don't drive too fast but also drive way too slow and even brake and stop when have no one in front of them or at least 5 car lengths between them and the car infront of them. Why should he have to go 20 if the speed linit is 40 or 50 just because others are doing 20. Saying that's thr case here but we have mo proof eithet way the speed linit he was driving in regards to others. So it is possible he was driving the speed limit and others were driving well under it. 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, MaxLee said:

Lock this <deleted> up, trash his car into the auto junkyard, throw away the keys and let him serve in jail for 100 years

Did you really sit and type that stupid reply? Really! 100 years? Then you should get 250 years for being so stupid

You just have to be prepared for jerks like the guy in the BMW pulling out, happens all the time. Goes with the turf with driving on roads with idiots, does not matter who is right and wrong, its reality so deal with it.

28 minutes ago, Ridler said:

Did you really sit and type that stupid reply? Really! 100 years? Then you should get 250 years for being so stupid

the poster is trying to make the point that the BMW driver SHOULD serve some time for his actions.....like many other thai drivers.

The other day a big ford ranger nudge the back of me, I got out spoke with him ....ALL he said WAS SORRY !!.........I drove away as no real damage was done.

The point is that he should not have been driving too close to me.....but THEY do it all the time

3 hours ago, sungod said:

You just have to be prepared for jerks like the guy in the BMW pulling out, happens all the time. Goes with the turf with driving on roads with idiots, does not matter who is right and wrong, its reality so deal with it.

Yep. I accept that something like this or worse will happen to me or I see it happen to someone else every time I drive. It used to really annoy me, now I'm inured to it. 

Mr BMW looked like he was in a hurry to get somewhere but soon forgot about all that when he lost face and the red mist descended. Inconsiderate, rude and many other words I could use but would get censored. Levy a charge of dangerous driving a huge fine and a wai or two for good measure. Just glad that his actions never caused injury or damage to any other road user.

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

And if you owned a Bugatti Veyron here you could probably run over and drag the Prime Minster thro' Bangkok streets and the whole country will be cheering you on ????

You could probably run over him and drag him with a tuk tuk and people might cheer ????

The BMW driver is obviously void of grey matter. 

Better off taking him to the vets and having the injection, maybe it will save several lives in the future. 

How you say;  ‘mai mee sumong’, heavens knows how’s he has the intelligence to even make money to buy a BMW. Oh wait i forgot, the well know Thai arrogance that just seems to ooze when not in public with a crowd around them. 

They have serious mental health issues, and are in denial of their mental health, ‘FACT’ !!!

6 hours ago, weri said:

An absolute idiot, thinks driving a stupid BMW and he has right of way wherever he goes, take his license away and make him walk for a while, then re-apply for a license test ????

Test ... ? ... ????????

According to traffic rules over most of the world, BMW will be the guilty party if a collision had occurred.
The BMW drive is obligatory and must stop before he makes a run to make sure it is responsible to drive out. The other is to blame if Thailand does not follow the traffic rules. But it is perhaps also why Thailand has a sad place as number 1.
The most dangerous country in the world to drive a car or a mortar bike.

This guy is obviously a self entitled moron, who appears to be around 50, but never matured past 13. The guy who is the victim had a camera. Case closed. The police will review the footage, and should be able to make a quick decision.

Unless the BMW driver is connected, has a government job, has a policeman in the family, or pays off the cops. That will be a different outcome.

But, from what I hear, when you have this kind of thing on tape, it is a far more challenging thing, for a moron to buy his way out of it. He screwed up. For once in his sorry life, he needs to take responsibility for his actions. 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This guy is obviously a self entitled moron, who appears to be around 50, but never matured past 13. The guy who is the victim had a camera. Case closed. The police will review the footage, and should be able to make a quick decision.

Unless the BMW driver is connected, has a government job, has a policeman in the family, or pays off the cops. That will be a different outcome.

But, from what I hear, when you have this kind of thing on tape, it is a far more challenging thing, for a moron to buy his way out of it. He screwed up. For once in his sorry life, he needs to take responsibility for his actions. 

No police involved during the traffic error neither during the road rage so if none of the parties make a formal complaint nothing will happen which often is the case between Thais ... :thumbsup:

This behavior is also common in many cities in the USA - If you have the larger / more expensive car you are entitled to own the road (at least in your mind).  And cutting off and confronting a driver who honked at you is par for the course.

In Miami, the BMW driver might have gotten shot though... "stand your ground law" allows you to resort to deadly force, if you believe your life is in danger. Also, in the USA the guy coming out of the car may be armed with a gun (or knife, baseball bat etc).

It would appear that civility, good driving habits and keeping your temper under control have disappeared in many countries around the world.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:53 PM, beowolf2012 said:

According to traffic rules over most of the world, BMW will be the guilty party if a collision had occurred.
The BMW drive is obligatory and must stop before he makes a run to make sure it is responsible to drive out. The other is to blame if Thailand does not follow the traffic rules. But it is perhaps also why Thailand has a sad place as number 1.
The most dangerous country in the world to drive a car or a mortar bike.

Is a "mortar bike , a bicycle with cement on the sides ? ????  sorry

On 5/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, SantiSuk said:

Strange all these falang saying that Thais drive like this all the time. Only once in 10 years has a Thai pulled straight out in front of me in a way that I would say was dangerous and caused me to emergency brake and that was only a couple of months ago as it happens). Yes quite a few pull out discourteously causing one to brake or pass around but only the once in the dangerous fashion portrayed here.

Why am i so lucky? I promise you i am not a complete apologist for Thai drivers generally but I do think the critics go way over the top. As I've said in comments a few times before on ThaiV "you should see some other countries (Turkey, Iran, India in my experience) if you want to see $hit driving.

Now the motorcycles - that's a different story. Less than 30 yo = flying suicide packages.

That's the word, discourteous. As a fellow Brit albeit with probably a few years on you I learnt to drive in the '60s. I was taught that manners were important on the road, that as a driver you did all you could to prevent inconveniencing other drivers. One of the things I miss so much here is not being able to signal to other drivers that I am prepared to give way with a flash of the headlights. In so many other countries, not only Thailand, there is no way to show politeness on the roads as the headlamp flash is an aggressive action.

What i like sometimes is when they do something stupid when driving  and then confront you with ' this MY country'. I retort with 'if it wasn't for people like me you would be speaking Japanese'. With no sense of history they just don't get it.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:19 AM, 5633572526 said:

Yes if you own a Ferrari you can run over and kill a policeman and then travel the world on the Red Bull tour. Sad fact of life here.

175 posts before he got a mention- disgraceful. Go and sit in the nautghty corner for ten miutes.

Archived