Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

webfact

As soon as I read BMW I knew he was in the wrong. Sorry, guys, but you lot are the pits, anywhere in the world. What makes it worse for this clown is he was in an X1, which is a poor man's X3, which is a poor man's X5. lol 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to traffic rules over most of the world, BMW will be the guilty party if a collision had occurred.
The BMW drive is obligatory and must stop before he makes a run to make sure it is responsible to drive out. The other is to blame if Thailand does not follow the traffic rules. But it is perhaps also why Thailand has a sad place as number 1.
The most dangerous country in the world to drive a car or a mortar bike.

This guy is obviously a self entitled moron, who appears to be around 50, but never matured past 13. The guy who is the victim had a camera. Case closed. The police will review the footage, and should be able to make a quick decision.

Unless the BMW driver is connected, has a government job, has a policeman in the family, or pays off the cops. That will be a different outcome.

But, from what I hear, when you have this kind of thing on tape, it is a far more challenging thing, for a moron to buy his way out of it. He screwed up. For once in his sorry life, he needs to take responsibility for his actions. 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This guy is obviously a self entitled moron, who appears to be around 50, but never matured past 13. The guy who is the victim had a camera. Case closed. The police will review the footage, and should be able to make a quick decision.

Unless the BMW driver is connected, has a government job, has a policeman in the family, or pays off the cops. That will be a different outcome.

But, from what I hear, when you have this kind of thing on tape, it is a far more challenging thing, for a moron to buy his way out of it. He screwed up. For once in his sorry life, he needs to take responsibility for his actions. 

No police involved during the traffic error neither during the road rage so if none of the parties make a formal complaint nothing will happen which often is the case between Thais ... :thumbsup:

This behavior is also common in many cities in the USA - If you have the larger / more expensive car you are entitled to own the road (at least in your mind).  And cutting off and confronting a driver who honked at you is par for the course.

In Miami, the BMW driver might have gotten shot though... "stand your ground law" allows you to resort to deadly force, if you believe your life is in danger. Also, in the USA the guy coming out of the car may be armed with a gun (or knife, baseball bat etc).

It would appear that civility, good driving habits and keeping your temper under control have disappeared in many countries around the world.

On 5/23/2019 at 11:53 PM, beowolf2012 said:

According to traffic rules over most of the world, BMW will be the guilty party if a collision had occurred.
The BMW drive is obligatory and must stop before he makes a run to make sure it is responsible to drive out. The other is to blame if Thailand does not follow the traffic rules. But it is perhaps also why Thailand has a sad place as number 1.
The most dangerous country in the world to drive a car or a mortar bike.

Is a "mortar bike , a bicycle with cement on the sides ? 🤣  sorry

On 5/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, SantiSuk said:

Strange all these falang saying that Thais drive like this all the time. Only once in 10 years has a Thai pulled straight out in front of me in a way that I would say was dangerous and caused me to emergency brake and that was only a couple of months ago as it happens). Yes quite a few pull out discourteously causing one to brake or pass around but only the once in the dangerous fashion portrayed here.

Why am i so lucky? I promise you i am not a complete apologist for Thai drivers generally but I do think the critics go way over the top. As I've said in comments a few times before on ThaiV "you should see some other countries (Turkey, Iran, India in my experience) if you want to see $hit driving.

Now the motorcycles - that's a different story. Less than 30 yo = flying suicide packages.

That's the word, discourteous. As a fellow Brit albeit with probably a few years on you I learnt to drive in the '60s. I was taught that manners were important on the road, that as a driver you did all you could to prevent inconveniencing other drivers. One of the things I miss so much here is not being able to signal to other drivers that I am prepared to give way with a flash of the headlights. In so many other countries, not only Thailand, there is no way to show politeness on the roads as the headlamp flash is an aggressive action.

What i like sometimes is when they do something stupid when driving  and then confront you with ' this MY country'. I retort with 'if it wasn't for people like me you would be speaking Japanese'. With no sense of history they just don't get it.

On 5/23/2019 at 7:19 AM, 5633572526 said:

Yes if you own a Ferrari you can run over and kill a policeman and then travel the world on the Red Bull tour. Sad fact of life here.

175 posts before he got a mention- disgraceful. Go and sit in the nautghty corner for ten miutes.

Archived