Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People are missing the most important point.

Who is his father?

That should determine right or wrong.

None of this solid lines, broken lines, side soi or main road or even piss poor driving.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

would suggest it was a tarted up old pick-up driven by a boy racer, witness the speed he was doing compared to other traffic. 

Careful with this. Dash cams always make it look like you're going faster than you actually are. 

But the bottom line is still the behaviour of the BMW driver, both during his first manoeuvre and subsequent one. What a tool.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

A Thai driver gave me the finger yesterday. Obliviously another idiot? I was merging into a stationary U turn lane when he decided there was enough room to squeeze by thus leaving me out to dry. I inched forward a then he inched forward. Eventual to break the stalemate I opened my drivers door thus impeding his forward progress. he honked his horn so i opened the door wider.  So when the traffic started i merged as planned. he then decided he didn't want to U turn after all and passed me giving me the finger. 

Old age and treachery will always defeat youth and enthusiasm!

Good job! I'm glad he didn't come after you with a 2-3 foot long blade as MANY thais do...stay safe and good luck in the LOS.

1 hour ago, VocalNeal said:

A Thai driver gave me the finger yesterday. Obliviously another idiot? I was merging into a stationary U turn lane when he decided there was enough room to squeeze by thus leaving me out to dry. I inched forward a then he inched forward. Eventual to break the stalemate I opened my drivers door thus impeding his forward progress. he honked his horn so i opened the door wider.  So when the traffic started i merged as planned. he then decided he didn't want to U turn after all and passed me giving me the finger. 

Old age and treachery will always defeat youth and enthusiasm!

I would suggest that you invest in a bullet proof vest.

Just in case....

Rooster

There is absolutely no question that the BMW idiot is at fault. Not that he'd see it the same way, because like so many "big car" owners he appears to be a self-entitled pr**k who can do no wrong. Book him, suspend his license for six months, slap him with a hefty fine and even charge him with illegally blocking a traffic lane and verbally abusing another motorist. I know, it's not going to happen, but it really should.

BMW X1 = big car owner?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The BMW driver comes out of the side street making a very long turn. His turn is so long he finishes half way into the third (outside) lane. Aside from this, he probably did not look. He then proceeds to block the outside lane with totally no consideration for other road users.

Most Thai drivers sit far too close to the steering wheel. This makes it very difficult to make a tight turn. That's why 3 lanes are needed to make a left hand turn.

BMW drivers are the same the world over "A-Holes" except in Germany. In Germany, a BMW is a normal car. I am from the UK before anyone starts. Audi owners are not far behind BMW owners either. 

There are 2 cars coming out of the soi almost simultaneously. A white car on the BMW's left turns correctly into the far left lane as the BMW shoots to the middle lane and overshoots half way to lane 3. There is a 3rd car travelling on the main road in the far left lane, which turns into a second soi just before the main soi. 

Presumably, the BMW is trying to get in front of the white car by manufacturing a second turn lane in the same Soi. He is also blocking the white car's view of the main road. Worse things could have happened.  Very bad driving.

Archived