Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

webfact

2 minutes ago, Ceruhe said:

I've always wondered....why is it so painfully difficult for people to turn (properly) into the (close) lane without taking 1/2 of the next lane or 1.5 in this case? It doesn't even appear from simply cutting the corner too short, just plain unable to turn the wheel the another round it seems.

I got these 2 big intersections on my way home and for the life of mine I need to make sure I am either far ahead or decently far behind the car to my right hand side as I have no idea just how far they need to push me off my lane.

He was intentionally trying to get around the white car that entered when he did, its the Me-First mentality....he wanted to fly across all the lanes to the far right one before anyone else did, he's more important than everyone else, just another dumb ignorant Thai driver......dime a dozen here.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

So does the NASCAR drivers in the US of A. :whistling:

Thats because it offers more control, even I do this, those who sit far back with their arms extended all the way out to look cool, have no idea what they are doing.

The BMW driver should have turned into the closest lane when he entered the highway which would have been the left-most lane, but since I cannot determine the make and year of the car from which the photos were taken, I can't make a call on this because, after all, it's the worth of the car which indicates the wealth of the driver that has the final say. ????

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Owning  a BMW or Merc they have 90% right of way on the roads ????,

or that's what they think,you get on the  Ferrari's and their ilk,

and its we own the roads,do you know who i am.

regards worgeordie

Its not true, the fact is everyone on Thai roads think they are in the right because no one has taught them any different, most don't have the critical skills to understand when they are doing something stupid/ignorant/unsafe

the police compound the problem as they also have no idea about road safety laws, I have explained to police about what a solid white line means internationally and they decided it was time to see my visa

until common sense such as stopping distances, keeping with the flow of traffic, joining traffic at the same speed, avoiding causing any other traffic to do any of the s's including the big shitting themselves Thailand will continue to occupy the top spot for most dangerous roads in the world/most stupid drivers

Of course he was in the right !   Can't you lot tell simply from the cut of his hair that he is obviously of superior stock ?   Probably the son of a senior judge or some such.

Talking of stocks, he should be put a set for a day or two and be joined by his parents for having raised such a discourteous, selfish, arrogant son.   A good birching may help them all see the error of their ways.

A second offence and drastic pruning will be essential in order to ensure there cannot be a further generation contributing like-minded individuals into society.

2 hours ago, Snow Leopard said:

BMW drivers are the same the world over "A-Holes" except in Germany. In Germany, a BMW is a normal car. I am from the UK before anyone starts. Audi owners are not far behind BMW owners either. 

In Europe most of the taxis I saw were Mercedes so they are nothing special there Like wise BMW and Audi just run of the mill transport.Mind you Benz are bloody good cars

2 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Careful with this. Dash cams always make it look like you're going faster than you actually are. 

But the bottom line is still the behaviour of the BMW driver, both during his first manoeuvre and subsequent one. What a tool.

I said compared to other traffic. It was a comparator or do dash cams only appear to make the car faster for the car the cam is mounted in ?

3 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Careful with this. Dash cams always make it look like you're going faster than you actually are. 

But the bottom line is still the behaviour of the BMW driver, both during his first manoeuvre and subsequent one. What a tool.

Nah! Tools can be useful and actually serve a purposd.

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Owning  a BMW or Merc they have 90% right of way on the roads ????,

or that's what they think,you get on the  Ferrari's and their ilk,

and its we own the roads,do you know who i am.

regards worgeordie

Mercedes, in Holland, are taxis, BMW's are maroc crime vehicles, Both can't be trusted.

BMW probably saw that the other driver had his wife and child in the car, so he probably thought

he would be safe to approach the other car as the driver wouldnt fight him while his family were there. Just another thai male bully who seeks people who probably wouldnt fight. no balls and no brain, this country is going downhill fast as this seems to be happening way too often.

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

There is absolutely no question that the BMW idiot is at fault. Not that he'd see it the same way, because like so many "big car" owners he appears to be a self-entitled pr**k who can do no wrong. Book him, suspend his license for six months, slap him with a hefty fine and even charge him with illegally blocking a traffic lane and verbally abusing another motorist. I know, it's not going to happen, but it really should.

Totally agree. But this happens all the time. People pulling out wide to turn left onto a main multi carriageway road; or driving across all lanes to turn right. Some never bother looking as they think they are entitled and everyone must give way; some are too busy on their phones, talking with passengers, picking their nose etc; and some get fed up with waiting, the Thai impatience irony, and chance it.

Then when someone sounds their horn they get all excited into must keep face and shown I'm the poo yai mode. The arrogance is astounding when someone thinks they can drive like this and then block the fast lane just because they think they're important.

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

However, secondly, the vehicle with the cam sounds like an old tractor so judging by the stupid selection of dials stuck on the dashboard it would suggest it was a tarted up old pick-up driven by a boy racer, witness the speed he was doing compared to other traffic. So whilst the BMW I would apportion 60% of the fault to the other 40% must lie with the other driver for driving to fast and not paying sufficient attention as he should have seen the exiting BMW sooner to allow him to take a smoother line of avoidance.

Love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.

I hope that's what it was!

5 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well there are a variety of issues here.  Firstly the BMW exited the soi, not into the nearside lane and then increased his speed which would then allow a safe filter across the other lanes, rather he drove straight out,with poor car control to actually swerve slightly back to the middle lane. He was in the main the poor driver.

However, secondly, the vehicle with the cam sounds like an old tractor so judging by the stupid selection of dials stuck on the dashboard it would suggest it was a tarted up old pick-up driven by a boy racer, witness the speed he was doing compared to other traffic. So whilst the BMW I would apportion 60% of the fault to the other 40% must lie with the other driver for driving to fast and not paying sufficient attention as he should have seen the exiting BMW sooner to allow him to take a smoother line of avoidance.

Punishment should be a Wai and give the local Monk a few baht for the BMW driver and for the pick-up driver, confiscate his pick-up until he fits a legal exhaust. Next case.  ????

MR BMW is the full IDIOT but what these clowns think is acceptable because they have an expensive car. Try that stunt in front of my and you may find my brakes don't work.......... lol

12 minutes ago, johng50 said:

BMW probably saw that the other driver had his wife and child in the car, so he probably thought

he would be safe to approach the other car as the driver wouldnt fight him while his family were there. Just another thai male bully who seeks people who probably wouldnt fight. no balls and no brain, this country is going downhill fast as this seems to be happening way too often.

Time to get out fast, becoming too dangerous!

Archived