Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Benmart said:

In a country with a functioning police department, the BMW idiot would have been swiftly taken care of by calling the police to the scene using an emergency number.  This is not the case in this topsy-turvy world.

Maybe in the future we can all have a feature in the car to vote on other drivers driving habits, enough demerits and the bad drivers car automatically pulls over to the side of the road and won't restart until the next day.

1 hour ago, 30la said:

Even with such an expensive car, it's not a guarantee that you know how to drive!
The behavior then really leaves something to be desired!

I think a lot of the locals think the more expensive the car the more the BiB will look t'other way .  A chap a few years ago was driving a Ferrari I seem to remember , I wonder if he bothered to get a licence . To drive that is , not to kill.

8 hours ago, brokenbone said:

he thought the other guy was at fault, which indicates,

delusion, schizophrenia, and psychosis 

Well he is driving a BMW, which rather confirms the diagnosis...

1 minute ago, JAG said:

Well he is driving a BMW, which rather confirms the diagnosis...

Diagnoses are often posed by people who think they don't have any, but that is something they just think - JustSaying ... :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, bust said:

Neither is to blame. They are both Thai and have absolutely no idea how to drive ✌️

It's said - Through themselves one knows others ... :thumbsup:

A post containing a link to another forum has been removed.

A post containing profane gestures has been removed. 

A post containing an overly derogatory comment toward Thai people has been removed. 

11 hours ago, krystian said:

Mr BMW is an Idiot, MR BMW bought his drivers license from kao san road,, Mr BMW later on will apologize and wai MR Bmw will be fined 500 baht and will not do it again 

no mr. bmw will hand out a few envelopes and all will be forgottenor the other driver will be charged with insulting mr. bmw lol????  

11 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well there are a variety of issues here.  Firstly the BMW exited the soi, not into the nearside lane and then increased his speed which would then allow a safe filter across the other lanes, rather he drove straight out,with poor car control to actually swerve slightly back to the middle lane. He was in the main the poor driver.

However, secondly, the vehicle with the cam sounds like an old tractor so judging by the stupid selection of dials stuck on the dashboard it would suggest it was a tarted up old pick-up driven by a boy racer, witness the speed he was doing compared to other traffic. So whilst the BMW I would apportion 60% of the fault to the other 40% must lie with the other driver for driving to fast and not paying sufficient attention as he should have seen the exiting BMW sooner to allow him to take a smoother line of avoidance.

Punishment should be a Wai and give the local Monk a few baht for the BMW driver and for the pick-up driver, confiscate his pick-up until he fits a legal exhaust. Next case.  ????

I am scared to share the roads with clowns like you!

We can all go on and on about these incidents with Mr. Wanna Be Hi-So and their self of entitlement when they drive around in a BMW, MBZ, PORSCHE, Audi no matter how old or worn out it looks. It's never going to change in Thailand. The attitude of I'm Better than You is seen in all aspects of Thai life just more so when they have something to show to justify that self entitlement attitude.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Both drivers are at fault.

Mr. BMW was, as far as I'm concerned making unsafe lane changes (or was attempting to) and was

guilty of road rage and unnecessarily and dangerously confronting Bird.

Bird was moving much faster than traffic flow, albeit in the fast lane, and was unnecessarily using his horn.

19 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Owning  a BMW or Merc they have 90% right of way on the roads ????,

or that's what they think,you get on the  Ferrari's and their ilk,

and its we own the roads,do you know who i am.

regards worgeordie

not the case if your a farang im afraid.

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Owning  a BMW or Merc they have 90% right of way on the roads ????,

or that's what they think,you get on the  Ferrari's and their ilk,

and its we own the roads,do you know who i am.

regards worgeordie

Yes if you own a Ferrari you can run over and kill a policeman and then travel the world on the Red Bull tour. Sad fact of life here.

5 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

Yes if you own a Ferrari you can run over and kill a policeman and then travel the world on the Red Bull tour. Sad fact of life here.

And if you owned a Bugatti Veyron here you could probably run over and drag the Prime Minster thro' Bangkok streets and the whole country will be cheering you on ????

i get a little angry when this happens. however, I am so thankful that nothing happened to me and my passengers, I do not carry the anger any further. I think it is stupid to make a bad situation worse.

Archived