BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai Road Rage: BMW driver claims he was in the right - what do you think?

6 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

In Thailand they tend to prefer machetes but plenty of guns are used as well!  Don't need to go to the US for bullies and brain dead morons, there are plenty of home grown ones in the land of smiles. 

Well said and agreed 100%. I though maybe the change in scenery might get their attention...

Never but never toot your horn to a Thai driver, seen it many times it is a loss of face to them, always can end badly that's Thailand

As long, the rich big car drivers are not equal, and the law is not enforced against them, nothing will change.

I would recommend to confiscate his driving license for at least one year and after that send him to Mental psychological evaluation as in Germany. People like this, should not drive cars at all.

Thailand copy so many European thing, why not copy some of the strong traffic law enforcement as Germany or Swiss????

I thought the PM wanted to crack down this?

Lucky this didn't end up as a road rage shooting incident. I would see no point in trying to engage in any type of dialogue with people who are obviously not rationale and looking for confrontation.  Maybe wrong but I would not have stopped and wound down the window to talk to the other driver when he pulled alongside in the first instance, thus blocking two lanes of traffic and potentially causing a multiple vehicle pile up. Once the yellow shirted driver had got out of his car, there was an opportunity to reverse out and drive on, which I would have taken without saying anything or showing any expression at all.

In defensive driving courses, as taught to diplomats etc, they teach you among other things to suppress all anger towards idiots on the road and, avoid escalating bad situations and always get away whenever possible.

6 hours ago, seajae said:

bmw failed to give right of way  and came out way too far to turn, he is totally at fault, I had exactly the same thing done to me, hit the horn as I barely missed hoim then he chased me and while I was turning into to get fuel cut across the front of me and I almost t boned him, He didnt move till I got out of my car and bashed his side window and said a few choice words, he realized I was bigger than him and pretty pi**ed off & he took off, Unfortunately many thais cant handle loss of face by being in the wrong so have to try to show how big their dicks are, tends to fall flat when they come up against someone that is more than ready to sort them out

Quite so, but the problem arises when he comes back with six 'brothers' and smashes your car up. And that's the better scenario - he could just as easily pull a gun and shoot you dead.  

6 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Well there are a variety of issues here.  Firstly the BMW exited the soi, not into the nearside lane and then increased his speed which would then allow a safe filter across the other lanes, rather he drove straight out,with poor car control to actually swerve slightly back to the middle lane. He was in the main the poor driver.

However, secondly, the vehicle with the cam sounds like an old tractor so judging by the stupid selection of dials stuck on the dashboard it would suggest it was a tarted up old pick-up driven by a boy racer, witness the speed he was doing compared to other traffic. So whilst the BMW I would apportion 60% of the fault to the other 40% must lie with the other driver for driving to fast and not paying sufficient attention as he should have seen the exiting BMW sooner to allow him to take a smoother line of avoidance.

Punishment should be a Wai and give the local Monk a few baht for the BMW driver and for the pick-up driver, confiscate his pick-up until he fits a legal exhaust. Next case.  😂

Glad you are not Police or a Judge. The law states that you 'must' give way to oncoming traffic when exiting a side road. It does not say 'except if you are travelling faster than adjacent traffic' or ' you are going faster than tbe speed limit for the road'. It was the BMW who should be aware of oncoming traffic and wait and take the furthest left lane and not the centre or right hand lane. You need to study the rules of the road and redo your test, as you would be a danger on the road witb your 60% / 40% in such a clear case of dangerous driving, blocking traffic, cutailing and abusing another road driver. Disgraceful.

Typical Boring Middleclass <deleted> driver or just the normal brain dead me, me, me Thai driver. I would just run him over

Cartoon deleted

A troll post has been removed.

Posts containing inflammatory and derogatory comments have been removed.  

BMW drivers in America are well-known to be of the attitude that they own the road and everyone else needs to give way; unfortunately it is even more so here.

3 minutes ago, SuwadeeS said:

As long, the rich big car drivers are not equal, and the law is not enforced against them, nothing will change.

I would recommend to confiscate his driving license for at least one year and after that send him to Mental psychological evaluation as in Germany. People like this, should not drive cars at all.

Thailand copy so many European thing, why not copy some of the strong traffic law enforcement as Germany or Swiss????

I thought the PM wanted to crack down this?

In all probability he does not have a license to confiscate

This is a no brainer!

The problem here is you got a driver regardless of what he is driving now think he is still on a motorbike!  Just come out and hope someone else looks after him. 

This video is what is wrong with many drivers in Thailand they can't understand and the police and media can't seem to understand " it is slow down stop and safely proceed into the main road "  then the proper execution of a left turn is if you start on the left you finish closes to the left. I wish it was an 18 wheel that he encounter!

Even with such an expensive car, it's not a guarantee that you know how to drive!
The behavior then really leaves something to be desired!