Video: Family flee for their lives as fire breaks out in brand new BMW!

webfact

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Indeed the nanny was in the car with the baby, a lot longer than she should have been considering the thing was on fire !!!

Probably on her mobile playing a game

The video must of been on slow motion.... if as mentioned earlier 

it was aftermarket stereo installed BMW may be off the hook.

if PVC type of wire it will put out a lot of toxic smoke

Maybe video is in slow motion but only people I see worried or running is the bystanders . Mother and nanny appear to be very calm and in no rush. 

It is is rather strange for fire to start in the back

Really nobody is talking about the nanny getting out with the baby only when the owner is opening the door for her . If the fire went a little faster they would both have burnt to death . The moment they get out the car is pretty full off smoke already . The story says they had to run gor their lives , in my mind they should have started running a bit earlyer . 

2 hours ago, Suzy said:

She got what she deserved - leaving a young child unattended in a car with the engine running - another brainless bitch!

Yep there is one more somewhere and she can't even read ... She had gone into Amazon to get a coffee and left the nanny with her son in her car with the engine running.

2 hours ago, Suzy said:

She got what she deserved - leaving a young child unattended in a car with the engine running - another brainless bitch!

Fail - 0/10, reading and comprehensions lessons might help you Suzy... 

10 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yep there is one more somewhere and she can't even read ... She had gone into Amazon to get a coffee and left the nanny with her son in her car with the engine running.

Trust Suzy isn't an English teacher..... 

OH lets open the doors to feed the fire more oxygen, OH lets stand here and look at a vehicle full of diesel/gasoline that could explode any moment

Finally some people showed up with fire extinguishers Bravo

Call the police. fire brigade and leave

2 hours ago, Jimdandy said:

Did you notice the drivers of vehicles on both sides were more concerned about moving their cars than making sure everybody was out of the burning car first? Wow talk about priorities, life vs. materialism. Did you notice the people running away? Say what you want about American social process, crisis is one bond we still have. Almost everybody would have helped. One guy with a fire extinguisher. Just sad. 

You've forgotten where this is...Me Me Land !

8 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

The picture of the melted plastic is from the engine, but the smoke appears to come from the rear of the car. Wonder if it is a hybrid with the battery pack in the boot?

I will be very surprised if BMW warranty don't fully cover this little incident.

I have the exact same car in USA. The battery is located underneath at the very rear of the car.

seems to be lots of criticism from the keyboard warriors , but watching the video , seems overall the situation was handled reasonably well once it was realised what was happening and people got there act together. 

9 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

OK fire!  Lets all stand around just in case it blows up.

Nanny and baby eventually exit.

Wifey took delivery of a new Nissan three weeks ago.  Dealership I'm Pattaya, Nissan HQ in Bangers, finance folks from dealership and salesman have each called to check on how she likes it.

I am very impressed.

Thinking of having her buy one for me!

Wait  until  she  has  a  problem  before  praising  them and  see  how  they  resolve that.

11 hours ago, wozza said:

I was thinking perhaps she has picked up a plastic bag or something flammable and it has caught up on the exhaust system 

Yeah, that happens very often...... to put a plastic bag on the exhauster... ????????????????????????????????

19 hours ago, Razek said:

BMW is not for Asia. Buy Toyota or Mitsubichi PLEASE

The article is about a fire involving a BMW. It doesn't mention buying another brand for whatever reason. Your suggestion may have some merit, but it hardly focuses on any previous, personal experience with BMWs here in Thailand.

13 hours ago, Artisi said:

Really? 

Exactly my thought in other countries such as America it is illegal to leave someone else in the car on a hot day without the ac going. Its worse if its a child. So to leave it running with the ac going is responsible and the right thing to do.  It only takes a few minutes in a hot car with no ac running to cause a heat stroke. 

10 hours ago, Fred white said:

but they were supposed to fix it right then she's special????

I don't disagree with let BMW assess it first. But a 5 day holiday. Fri sat sun mon thues. They could have gotteb her in before then if they really wanted too clearly at that point saying they are closed fri-thues is bs and blatant not taking care of their customer. 

Archived