Video: Family flee for their lives as fire breaks out in brand new BMW!

webfact

42 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Am I to believe the rescue of a child was the Nannies responsibility.

Who helped the car owner run for her life, the Butler?

We must have read a different article as the one I read mentions the owner was in getting a coffee when the bowser boy came to tell her the car was on fire.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

You've forgotten where this is...Me Me Land !

Yep, on a side note, I was at a restaurant and the owner wanted me to give a Trip Advisor 5 star review. I asked her do I get a free coffee or something for the review. Her exact words were 'I give you nothing'. 

23 hours ago, keith101 said:

They weren't going to accept any fault without a full inspection at the dealership which Is fair and proper considering it seemed to be some kind of electrical fault watching the video .

then, they should go f in inspect right away.

what type of answer it is to tell a customer whose 3 weeks old almost new 3,5 million baht car burns out of blue like 'please come on Wednesday' ?

total b  s and classic bmw service. they are sure useless, same for their motorbike section, you wait fort weeks for very simple repairs after paying 900 k thb for a motorbike.

I once owned a BMW, is was a pile of junk, nothing but expensive  problems to keep fixing...and as for Mercs, I dont like the stigma attached to them plus I consider them far too over rated.

What is the obsession with both BMW and Mercedes cars?

Both brands are over priced, not that nice a design with poor build quality and expensive to own...

Individuals, when behind the steering wheel of either brands, tend to act like demi gods, high so, untouchables, doing what they like, not considering other road users.

There are much cheaper, nicer looking plus designed cars with better build quality on offer.

22 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

hot day, Engin and ac running while stationary, engine overheating?

I think you'll find that modern cars sold in tropical countries are designed to run whilst stationary on hot days, with the aircon running, without overheating.

21 hours ago, malibukid said:

i had a problem with my coupe just out of warranty.   BMW would not fix it.  never buy another.

Do manufacturers in Thailand have an obligation to fix cars FOC that are not under warranty?  Good luck finding another manufacturer in Thailand that will do that for you.

21 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Really nobody is talking about the nanny getting out with the baby only when the owner is opening the door for her . If the fire went a little faster they would both have burnt to death . The moment they get out the car is pretty full off smoke already . The story says they had to run gor their lives , in my mind they should have started running a bit earlyer . 

The fire didn't burn any faster, they did not burn to death neither did they get anywhere near that danger so running for their lives earlier would have been of no benefit to anyone, would it?.  

3 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Individuals, when behind the steering wheel of either brands, tend to act like demi gods, high so, untouchables, doing what they like, not considering other road users.

I shall remember that when I am driving my "over priced, poorly designed car" poor build quality? good enough for Taxi's?  your pushing the boat there, both BMW & MB are designed for autbahn driving - better handling and more stable, strangely enough I find it very comfortable and believe it to be safe to drive, expensive to own? initially yes, but, what is money for if not spending?

3 hours ago, Sonhia said:

I once owned a BMW, is was a pile of junk, nothing but expensive  problems to keep fixing...and as for Mercs, I dont like the stigma attached to them plus I consider them far too over rated.

What is the obsession with both BMW and Mercedes cars?

Obsession? Who's obsessed with BMWs and Mercs (apart from you)?  The other mainstream brands all sell more than those two do in Thailand.

"I once owned a BMW..."

Why did you buy it, was it your obsession?

21 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Really nobody is talking about the nanny getting out with the baby only when the owner is opening the door for her . If the fire went a little faster they would both have burnt to death . The moment they get out the car is pretty full off smoke already . The story says they had to run gor their lives , in my mind they should have started running a bit earlyer . 

My comment was the nanny was probably using her phone for social media

More like they all sauntered very casually

Good reason for everyone to carry a fire extinguisher in their car as well as having one at home

8 minutes ago, CGW said:

I shall remember that when I am driving my "over priced, poorly designed car" poor build quality? good enough for Taxi's?  your pushing the boat there, both BMW & MB are designed for autbahn driving - better handling and more stable, strangely enough I find it very comfortable and believe it to be safe to drive, expensive to own? initially yes, but, what is money for if not spending?

"...BMW & MB are designed for autbahn driving - better handling and more stable..."

What?  Which manufacturer of cars in the same classes as BMWs and Mercs don't design them for "autbahn" [sic] use?

What makes your BMW or Merc safer to drive and handle better" than other comparable cars?  Do you have some specifics in mind?

4 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

My comment was the nanny was probably using her phone for social media

More like they all sauntered very casually

Good reason for everyone to carry a fire extinguisher in their car as well as having one at home

"...the nanny was probably using her phone for social media".

Really, what makes you say that, where you there?

On 5/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, Somtamnication said:

Love the guy moving his truck super quick!

Yep, because if you have a car on fire that could potentially explode it's always best to leave other cars next to them to then catch fire and explode.

That's the same reason when you have a forest fire the firefighters don't cut down trees to create a clearing, they just leave them alone to ignite and further spread the fire.

16 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

What makes your BMW or Merc safer to drive and handle better" than other comparable cars?  

Usually it's over engineering, as in large brakes, heavy duty suspension, stiff chassis etc. But some of the models built & sold here seem just as crappy as a Nissan March.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:57 AM, wjhall said:

Why???

They use material for max 40 degree . Consepted for cold weather _20 . In thailand can reach until 80 degrees or more . 

Toyota has the best material for asian and. Desert weather.

Do you think is landrover ssme Bmw?

15 minutes ago, weri said:

Another of the "can't fix stupid" league, rule number 1 ; SWITCH THE ENGINE OFF when at the gas station, how idiotic can one get??

When you're at the shops (nowhere near the petrol pumps) and you have a baby in the car and it is 30+ degrees?

On 5/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, bristolgeoff said:

New car big name car maker you will be covered.friend told me a story.just brought a new datsun from the Dealer owner was leaving the dealership bang someone wiped out the front end.not his fault datsun just give him another new car no argument. That was a few years ago of course,so I would not worry if that was me

Sent from my SM-T580 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Nice punctuation patters 

then, they should go f in inspect right away.
what type of answer it is to tell a customer whose 3 weeks old almost new 3,5 million baht car burns out of blue like 'please come on Wednesday' ?
total b  s and classic bmw service. they are sure useless, same for their motorbike section, you wait fort weeks for very simple repairs after paying 900 k thb for a motorbike.

2 millions of this price are taxes and tariffs, they don’t make the car one yotta safer. BMW is right to conduct their own inspections before coming to a conclusion. Might be an illegal import or assembled whith car parts in a dodgy garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 5/22/2019 at 3:43 PM, Jim walker said:

buy cheap pay dearly

I wouldn't classify BMW as "cheap". They build top quality cars that are both reliable and safe. 

It could be a freak accident in this case or, as others have suggested, something flammable got caught up on the exhaust pipe. We'll probably never know. 

55 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

May have driven a long distance with the handbrake on.

But surely there's a warning light (and sound?) on the dashboard for that? 

On 5/22/2019 at 3:46 PM, legend49 said:

Just love the army of onlookers doing nothing.

Yes, because the general public are the ones responsible for putting out fires and not the emergency services who are trained and paid to do things like put out fires.

13 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

My money would be on

Somchai's, after market accessories and fitting service. :w00t:

Which probably means BMW will not touch them , they have to then go the aftermarket supplier/installer

Archived