French minister warns of 'toxic' Nigel Farage poll win, urges speedy Brexit

webfact

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/22/2019 at 12:19 PM, puipuitom said:

Therefore we are member of an Union, having our share of the Eur. Parliament. And here in NL, we can vote for EVERY MEP, not as in the UK, per (enlarged) constituency, as coming from the Middle Ages, when every Baron wanted his influence at the Crown.

In the recent Dutch local elections, did not the ruling pro EU party loose many votes and seats, while the Eurosceptics increased theirs?

41 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

The British people have no dispute with the people of Europe, it’s the E.U. They despise. Just as it seem an ever increasing number of Europeans are also turning against Brussels. Don’t agree with me,then just Waite for Sunday and the result of the E.U elections.

Not all British People.

That the proportion of EU opponents is growing has been seen for a long time. But this group will not win the majority in the EU parliament. And then will the anti-EU minority in the EU Parliament then assert the majority of the EU and endorse the parliamentary elections as a minority?

Unfortunately, the anti-EU groups often lack the will to cooperate constructively.

The EU, with all its mistakes to talk bad or destroy is easy. It is much more difficult to build something common, which is supported by all participating states. Each state alone as a loner will lose in global affairs and about the struggle of the last resources.

If, as Europe, we no longer have a common platform, we will lose to other economies and eventually have wars on European soil again in the future.

The offered alternative of the EU opponents = each state again alone, is in face of the demographic development and power distribution on this planet, plain stupid. 

42 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

it's not the same British Steel as i used to work for. Nothing to do with brexit, everything to do with energy costs.

another coincidence to add to the list,i didnt state it was all to do with brexit,but brexit and a weak pound were reported to be among the reasons.

45 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

it's not the same British Steel as i used to work for. Nothing to do with brexit, everything to do with energy costs.

and it's very strange how these energy costs are not affecting steel producers in other countries... 

41 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

The British people have no dispute with the people of Europe, it’s the E.U. They despise. Just as it seem an ever increasing number of Europeans are also turning against Brussels. Don’t agree with me,then just Waite for Sunday and the result of the E.U elections.

those elections wont change a thing,nobody listens to racist folks who blame the EU for the personal short comings in life. 

19 minutes ago, Thairealist said:

In the recent Dutch local elections, did not the ruling pro EU party loose many votes and seats, while the Eurosceptics increased theirs?

huge increases are needed not minor trivial one's,these EU elections are menial trivial elections.

1 hour ago, bomber said:

those elections wont change a thing,nobody listens to racist folks who blame the EU for the personal short comings in life. 

I have given a like, but I can not fully agree. Unfortunately, there are many who are not well positioned economically. The division of society is increasing more and more. There is then a set of debris: unemployed, homeless, poorly paid workers performing the simplest tasks, pensioners with minimal pensions, young people with no prospects and nationalists.

This is exactly the Group which is activated by the demagogics like Farage.

He absorbs their understandable problems. But does not solve the problems ( Farage has no development plan for a better social society - too much work for him and no easy money to take)

but focuses dissatisfaction on an easy target. These may be minorities (the Poles who stole our jobs) or/and Institutions like the EU (undemocratic, not elected, superstate, shackles). That many problems are homemade, by bad policies of their own national government, is concealed.

The people are played against each other with the scapegoat mesh is no longer perceived.

9 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I have given a like, but I can not fully agree. Unfortunately, there are many who are not well positioned economically. The division of society is increasing more and more. There is then a set of debris: unemployed, homeless, poorly paid workers performing the simplest tasks, pensioners with minimal pensions, young people with no prospects and nationalists.

This is exactly the Group which is activated by the demagogics like Farage.

He absorbs their understandable problems. But does not solve the problems ( Farage has no development plan for a better social society - too much work for him and no easy money to take)

but focuses dissatisfaction on an easy goal. These may be minorities (the Poles who stole our jobs) or/and Institutions like the EU (undemocratic, not elected, superstate, shackles). The many problems are homemade, by bad policies of their own national government, is concealed.

The people are played against each other with the scapegoat mesh is no longer perceived.

unemployment in the EU is at a 19 year low,pensioners are generally well off across the EU,homelessness is usually a self inflicted thing involving drink/drugs/crime etc,there will always be poorly paid people and always will be but like you say they are home made issues by the individual and barely anything to do with the EU,if anything the EU helps workers with low wages/rights,i will use a term used by the late and great maggie thatcher,moaning minnies is what they are,i prefer to call them failures in life.Hard work never harmed anyone i was taught by my parents.

7 minutes ago, bomber said:

unemployment in the EU is at a 19 year low,pensioners are generally well off across the EU,homelessness is usually a self inflicted thing involving drink/drugs/crime etc,there will always be poorly paid people and always will be but like you say they are home made issues by the individual and barely anything to do with the EU,if anything the EU helps workers with low wages/rights,i will use a term used by the late and great maggie thatcher,moaning minnies is what they are,i prefer to call them failures in life.Hard work never harmed anyone i was taught by my parents.

Understand.

Many of the pro-Brexit voters are people who have not been so lucky in life. Some are real losers, others are looking for an easy way out. What is not more obvious than to run after a Farage and to brag his slogans. Nevertheless, rational politics must try to find solutions to their problems. Unfortunately, the UK governments in the past have failed. 

Unfortunately, the group of EU opponents does not ask their propagandist mouth-chowers enough concrete questions.

Brexit ok, but what happens, when, how exactly after then? Still no plan. That a Boris or a Nigel are in any position to carry out any transactions with depth, expertise and detailed knowledge?

They are 100% too lazy for that.

27 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Understand.

Many of the pro-Brexit voters are people who have not been so lucky in life. Some are real losers, others are looking for an easy way out. What is not more obvious than to run after a Farage and to brag his slogans. Nevertheless, rational politics must try to find solutions to their problems. Unfortunately, the UK governments in the past have failed. 

Unfortunately, the group of EU opponents does not ask their propagandist mouth-chowers enough concrete questions.

Brexit ok, but what happens, when, how exactly after then? Still no plan. That a Boris or a Nigel are in any position to carry out any transactions with depth, expertise and detailed knowledge?

rest assured the majority of lazy benefit scroungers and failures in life in the UK will of voted leave.Certainly in my area they did,they thought they would be getting the £350 million a week in extra benefits,Farage and Boris ???? they couldnt organise a game of tiddley winks

On 5/22/2019 at 7:02 AM, Topdoc said:

FAKE NEWS HEADLINE

The French minister did not warn about 'toxic' Nigel Farage, he simply said "when you push back endlessly it's toxic"
Reuters twisted headline again....

Reuters!!!

5 hours ago, Thairealist said:

Why do you cut my post, is this not against TV rules.

Because you do not speak on behalf of the entire British people, therefore the rest of what you wrote was superfluous.

4 hours ago, bomber said:

rest assured the majority of lazy benefit scroungers and failures in life in the UK will of voted leave.Certainly in my area they did,they thought they would be getting the £350 million a week in extra benefits,Farage and Boris ???? they couldnt organise a game of tiddley winks

Actually Farage and Boris wouldn't have the time to organsie a game of Tiddly winks, as they are far to busy getting paid ridiculous fees for speeches or writing newspaper articles, which as we all know are sometimes untrue.

11 hours ago, baboon said:

That is not for you to say. Do not presume to speak on behalf of all of us.

Why not?

Many Remainers on the forum do.  Not only that but they insult Leavers as well. It seems to be the newer members that are doing it.

9 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Understand.

It all depends on the next general election. At this point in time Leavers have NO control over Brexit at all as that is still in the hands of TM and whoever is left in the cabinet. Even some of them are sick of it (and sick of TM as well) hence more ministers are quitting, even the leader of the house, Andrea Leadsom, quit yesterday.

TM has made so many plans for withdrawal and almost every one has failed. She can't even get them past her own cabinet let alone a coalition with Labour or parliament as a whole. TM and her government have been in control of Brexit since David Cameron quit 3 years ago and if there is no plan for after Brexit, then that is also TM's fault and not that of the few Leavers left in the government.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-48374841

Theresa May's Brexit withdrawal bill will not be published or debated until early June, the government says.

The prime minister is under pressure to resign following a backlash from her own MPs against her pledged "new deal" on Brexit.

4 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Actually Farage and Boris wouldn't have the time to organsie a game of Tiddly winks, as they are far to busy getting paid ridiculous fees for speeches or writing newspaper articles, which as we all know are sometimes untrue.

How much do you think Tony Blair bets paid for a speech?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/330000-for-a-20-minute-speech-at-a-world-hunger-event-tony-blair-is-an-inspiration-to-us-all-10289764.html

Monday 1 June 2015 17:05

Over the weekend, it was reported that Tony Blair pulled out of addressing The World Hunger Forum in Stockholm because his £330k price tag for turning up and talking just couldn’t be met.

According to one source, the food company organising the event, Eat, dropped Blair because “his star power is fast diminishing”. But regardless of whether this is true or not, many agree that he was wrong to ask for such an astronomical payment in the first place. It was apparently going to be given to The Cherie Blair Foundation. So if his claim that he didn't turn up and speak due to "prior commitments" is true, that's a real shame; it would have been a huge donation.

Going back to 2015 again. Friday 31 July 2015 2:48pm

http://www.cityam.com/221317/forget-politicians-salaries-its-afterwards-they-make-big-bucks

Last week former deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg joined the ranks of those making a post-politics income from their experiences. And while Clegg was mocked for signing with an agency, the $55,000 (£35,000) fee to book him is a drop in the ocean compared to some other speakers (despite the fact that he can deliver speeches in five languages).

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is famously said to be worth around £60m, his wealth coming from property ownership and businesses he has set up, including an estimated £2m salary at JP Morgan for consultancy advice.

But from speaking engagements alone Blair has been able to make a nifty income, earning as much as $300,000 per speech. Indeed, in two half hour speeches in the Philippines in 2012, Blair is said to have made close to £400,000 - or over £6,000 a minute.

He’s not alone: others have raked it in from after dinner speaking engagements.

1 minute ago, billd766 said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/330000-for-a-20-minute-speech-at-a-world-hunger-event-tony-blair-is-an-inspiration-to-us-all-10289764.html

Over the weekend, it was reported that Tony Blair pulled out of addressing The World Hunger Forum in Stockholm because his £330k price tag for turning up and talking just couldn’t be met.

According to one source, the food company organising the event, Eat, dropped Blair because “his star power is fast diminishing”. But regardless of whether this is true or not, many agree that he was wrong to ask for such an astronomical payment in the first place. It was apparently going to be given to The Cherie Blair Foundation. So if his claim that he didn't turn up and speak due to "prior commitments" is true, that's a real shame; it would have been a huge donation.

http://www.cityam.com/221317/forget-politicians-salaries-its-afterwards-they-make-big-bucks

Last week former deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg joined the ranks of those making a post-politics income from their experiences. And while Clegg was mocked for signing with an agency, the $55,000 (£35,000) fee to book him is a drop in the ocean compared to some other speakers (despite the fact that he can deliver speeches in five languages).

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair is famously said to be worth around £60m, his wealth coming from property ownership and businesses he has set up, including an estimated £2m salary at JP Morgan for consultancy advice.

But from speaking engagements alone Blair has been able to make a nifty income, earning as much as $300,000 per speech. Indeed, in two half hour speeches in the Philippines in 2012, Blair is said to have made close to £400,000 - or over £6,000 a minute.

Just imagine, you could quadruple your average rate for talking fee if you have a stutter ????

8 hours ago, billd766 said:

Why not?

Many Remainers on the forum do.  Not only that but they insult Leavers as well. It seems to be the newer members that are doing it.

You should feel free to call out anyone who claims to speak for the British people, whether they share my politics or not.

I shan't reply to the rest of your post because TM has just mercifully quit. Let's see what happens next...

On 5/22/2019 at 12:46 PM, fishtank said:

The odious little turd hates Europe but cannot wait to get in there and collect his salary.

Nigel Faragae is my champion and any odious little turd will probably be found on the bottom of your fish tank!!

On 5/22/2019 at 6:46 AM, fishtank said:

The odious little turd hates Europe but cannot wait to get in there and collect his salary.

While many people will agree, on your assessment of the French Finance Minister, Bruno Le Marie. And with many other europhile, I think it’s more polite to keep quite. 

On 5/24/2019 at 6:08 AM, billd766 said:

And the politician who conned the British people into voting to join the E.U.

EU DECEPTION? How Edward Heath was 'given £1.5MILLION before taking Britain into bloc'

On 5/22/2019 at 5:00 PM, puipuitom said:

And what, if REMAIN wins ? Looking to the polls, around a 40% support Brexit .

The real fun starts, when the Brits have to line up for a Schengen visa...and see how prosperous their former factories are at Continental EU...

For ME... we had better listened to Charles de Gaulle. Only one solution: 

sometimes.. somebody else takes the decissions.jpg

ASAP.  entente cordial,, mom ami..

Oh dear, all the remoaners are very quite this morning.....suppose they are waiting for some comments from the Guardian so they can post some twaddle.....proof is in the pudding, the electorate want Brexit....twice its been shown so face it, remoaning whiners are in the minority 

It staggers me how effective Theresa May has been at destroying the Conservative Party's share of the vote, not only at this election.

I have never seen such a skillful political self-destruction manoeuvre pulled off since the Khmer Rouge.

39 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Oh dear, all the remoaners are very quite this morning.....suppose they are waiting for some comments from the Guardian so they can post some twaddle.....proof is in the pudding, the electorate want Brexit....twice its been shown so face it, remoaning whiners are in the minority 

Baiting is very much part of the course in the other direction (????)

(Doris Karloff is on form on Sky news as I type ????)

Archived