Do I need to get my teaching qualification legalized in order to obtain a TL?

A few yrs ago I worked at a Thai govt uni for 4 yrs where there was no requirement to have a TL. Im now on an ext of stay based on marriage. I might return to teaching next year as I have a Diploma in Education from the University of Nottingham. A few yrs ago I checked on the MOE site and this qualification can be used as a means of getting a TL. 

If I want to return to teaching next year would I have to get my Nottingham diploma notarised in the UK? I might try and get a 40k a month teaching job in one of the local junior schools and thus might need a teachers license. Is this issue only relating to applying for the respective ext of stay or is it also a requirement for the TL?

We are heading to the Uk in Oct' and thus I would like to plan now what the options are. 

thanks

16 hours ago, davidst01 said:

If I dont want to do it can I instead work on a TL 'waiver' basis?

Don't even think about not doing it. You may not even get the waiver without the authenicity. Come prepared. It'll save the heartaches later.

22 hours ago, BobbyL said:

Might be worth doing just in case, but I just got my first T.L here and I didn't require my degree, PGCE or QTS certificates to be notarised. The originals were fine. 

Thanks for your reply. Can I work x amount of years on a waiver basis to start with?

On 5/27/2019 at 7:29 PM, makecoldplayhistory said:

What is a Diploma in Education?

BSc / BA and PGCE don't need notarization.

I just looked at it again. It says 'Post Graduate Diploma with Merit in Education'

I was actually enrolled in the Masters program but decided not to continue and just be awarded the diploma. 

Do you know if I would need to have this notarized? Where could I check exactly?

thanks

On 5/28/2019 at 10:37 PM, davidst01 said:

I just looked at it again. It says 'Post Graduate Diploma with Merit in Education'

I was actually enrolled in the Masters program but decided not to continue and just be awarded the diploma. 

Do you know if I would need to have this notarized? Where could I check exactly?

thanks

Best would be to send them an e-mail: http://site.ksp.or.th/contact-us.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=17

In the US, many university presidents are public notaries to begin with, and LOS is not part of the Apostille Treaty, and that is what certifies the notary. The consulates pull the same stupid shiite, and basically, people have to sometimes get their own signature notarized, on documents that didn't have or require their signature to begin with.  Sorry, not doing three ring circus paperchase... 

• 2 weeks later...

You need a work permit to get a TL and you need a TL or waiver to get a work permit. Welcome to the world of teaching in Thai government schools. :wai:

Yes, it seems a catch 22 scenario but there is a way to do it.

You get a job, take that paperwork to TCT, take that app and receipt to the labor dept, take that reciept back to TCT and in 3 months (with no hitches) you go back to the labor dept with your licence or waiver.

Archived