PM Prayut: New government should ensure continuity

webfact

PM Prayut: New government should ensure continuity

screenshot_9311.jpg

BANGKOK, 22 May 2019 (NNT) - Today marks the fifth anniversary of the National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO). The Prime Minister, Gen. Prayut Chan-o-cha, said he was satisfied that the NCPO had addressed many issues. He urged the new government to carry on with all the NCPO’s work to ensure continuity and national stability.

Prime Minister Prayut also dismissed reports about his involvement in the allocation of cabinet seats for the next administration, saying it is a political issue and he believed that the Deputy Prime Minister, Gen. Prawit Wongsuwan, was not involved as well. Gen. Prayut called on all politicians to put the national interests ahead of their personal interests. He added that it is impossible that the senior chairman of Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group, Dhanin Chearavanont, will be named prime minister in a coalition government.

"I can only hope that the new government will carry on with all the work. If it’s good, then carry on with it. If not, just fix it. Politics should operate like this. It’s not about winning and these positions cannot be bought and sold. Everyone is seeing it as buying and selling. When this is done and we start talking, would they have confidence in the new government Am I right This leads to too many negotiations, and I think they can talk and listen to one another."

Commenting on the NCPO’s performance, Gen. Prayut said the council had been able to solve many long-standing issues, including peace and order in the country, problems experienced by farmers, corruption, handing back land title deeds to the people, and human trafficking. These issues must be handled continually to ensure sustainability and it is up to the incoming government.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-05-22

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

Commenting on the NCPO’s performance, Gen. Prayut said the council had been able to solve many long-standing issues, including peace and order in the country, problems experienced by farmers, corruption, handing back land title deeds to the people, and human trafficking.

Does it show my naivety if I say, once again that I cant believe he comes out with this. He s seriously stating that he's solved corruption??? 

Since the new government will almost certainly be the old government, irrespective of how the vote actually went, then I should imagine that continuity is guaranteed.

14 minutes ago, JAG said:

Since the new government will almost certainly be the old government, irrespective of how the vote actually went, then I should imagine that continuity is guaranteed.

If they stay on same tracks as past 4-5 years, there may not be much left to govern.

despite our experts on Thai visa , Thai economy has been going down hill ever since the coup, BOT has already expressed concerns  number of times and revised growth forecasts a few times . I believe latest forecast is half of previous ones.

looking around myself , all I see is misery. Even buying a car got easier , makers are almost giving cars away with little to no deposit, while banks approving loans for those who most likely can not afford a loan, hardly any busses with Chinese or hurds of Indians holding pinky’s on the beach. 

Really not a bursting or happening scenes around town

This time all commerce, transportation, farang radio and TV will come to a halt...people walking on the streets of Bangkok will stop to glare at the closest government installed big screen display...with hands over heart...to allow daddy to lecture his children while promoting his image and agenda...

You can not make this stuff up!   ????

Archived