Milk thistle tablets

konisaan

Milk Thistle for drinkers. I have a blood test each year and three years ago my liver enzymes were getting over the normal range and my doc said stop drinking.....so I started taking milk thistle every day and kept drinking 'my normal' amount, as I tend to associate with women who are fun and drink enthusiastically. At next year's blood test my Doc congratulated me on stopping drinking. " Ahh, sorry Doc", I did not". He said I must have as my normal liver enzymes are 'proof'.  Okay, I found a milk thistle panacea for drinkers !  However, I continued to drink heavily and take my milk thistle, but after this years blood test my liver enzymes were considerably higher. I have been on the wagon for 6 weeks and will do so for 6 more weeks, as the liver needs 3 months alcohol free to repair itself (or not able to). All older drinkers should have a yearly blood test and note rising trends over the years. For alcohol damage follow your Bilirubin, Gamma  GT and ALT numbers.  In my experience Milk Thistle does work to assist the liver in processing alcohol......to a point.

13 hours ago, connda said:

iHerb.  Compared to the prices in Thailand this is dirt cheap even when you consider shipping.  You get a price break on shipping for orders over $40 USD. 

LHW417

https://th.iherb.com/pr/Now-Foods-Silymarin-Milk-Thistle-Extract-150-mg-120-Veg-Capsules/794?refid=33880f93-296e-4c68-8087-704e1ea0156f&reftype=rec

There is also the consideration of quality when comparing the American made products at iHerb to locally produced Thai products.

Archived