BANGKOK 21 June 2019 04:13
scubascuba3

After using the 800k agency method

I'm planning to get my first 800k retirement extension later this year, i was in an agents today booking a border run, they went through "their way" of doing it. I asked how about the year after if i then move to legit 800k method, they said no problem.

But, I don't see how it can be no problem switching to legit 800k method because Immigration will probably look back and see whether there was 800k for the first 3 months?

Thoughts?

The reason i might delay transferring 800k is a poor exchange rate currently due to Brexit. Makes a difference of £2k+ depending on where the exchange rate goes

• Like 1

or i could use an agent for 1+ years then start the process again the legit way, leave, apply for non imm O etc, it should work that way

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's a great question and the agent has ZERO credibility even answering it. Of course they want you to get addicted to their system, and frankly, if you start, you will be. Sure you can show a bank account next year without the history by yourself. Go ahead and try and let us know if you do. Because the TRUTH of this matter is that nobody has done that yet. EVER. The post seasoning rules are very new. Logically, it wouldn't work. 

Post seasoning is the point.

For new extension based on money you show bank statement for the 2 months...... and follow new rules

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Cannot believe that people use agents if caught your time in Thailand would come to an end is it really worth the risk 

Sure if that's all the choice they have?

• Like 2

Post seasoning is the point.
For new extension based on money you show bank statement for the 2 months...... and follow new rules
If using an agent, no need for seasoning or 90 day proof of 800k
  • Like 1