After using the 800k agency method

I'm planning to get my first 800k retirement extension later this year, i was in an agents today booking a border run, they went through "their way" of doing it. I asked how about the year after if i then move to legit 800k method, they said no problem.

But, I don't see how it can be no problem switching to legit 800k method because Immigration will probably look back and see whether there was 800k for the first 3 months?

Thoughts?

The reason i might delay transferring 800k is a poor exchange rate currently due to Brexit. Makes a difference of £2k+ depending on where the exchange rate goes

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It's a great question and the agent has ZERO credibility even answering it. Of course they want you to get addicted to their system, and frankly, if you start, you will be. Sure you can show a bank account next year without the history by yourself. Go ahead and try and let us know if you do. Because the TRUTH of this matter is that nobody has done that yet. EVER. The post seasoning rules are very new. Logically, it wouldn't work. 

Post seasoning is the point.

For new extension based on money you show bank statement for the 2 months...... and follow new rules

• Thanks 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
19 minutes ago, Graviton said:
Post seasoning is the point.
For new extension based on money you show bank statement for the 2 months...... and follow new rules

If using an agent, no need for seasoning or 90 day proof of 800k

Think that is quite obvious.

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
11 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:
The point from Immigration is simple : If you can't comply with either of these two methods then no you can't stay ... other than to leave Thailand. Good guys in cheap charlies (bad) guys out. It's really simple. 
What country in their right minds (however infrequently in their right minds) wants to have foreign people living in their society that can't muster a reasonable self-funding to live there!!!!!!! 

Not true, agents are here to stay, they won the battle with BJ

Maybe agents will be the only way

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Open a FCD and transfer money and it stays in your home currency..

Transfer say equivalent of 1 million baht to allow for fluctuations...FCD account no problem for your extension.

It's a good idea, but interest on deposits is low? 2+% on THB deposits

23 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Transfer say equivalent of 1 million baht to allow for fluctuations...FCD account no problem for your extension.

I haven't seen any report that FCD is accepted by Imm. The rules clearly state the currency is Baht, not the equivalent.  However, using the income method backed up by pension statement the currency is converted to baht, so there is an anomaly there.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

I haven't seen any report that FCD is accepted by Imm. The rules clearly state the currency is Baht, not the equivalent.  However, using the income method backed up by pension statement the currency is converted to baht, so there is an anomaly there.

You have answered your own question, plus I'm up for a third time using FCD Plus to add some more spice can use thb account+FCD

26 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Ok bright spark average thai wage 10k, penny dropped yet?

10k baht is more like the minimum wage, not the average. But I think the point in that other reply was that the whole idea of long stay permits is for the foreigners to add to the Thai economy by bringing into the country MORE than the minimum or average wage.........

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Wouldn't such a transfer give you the same exchange rate as a 'normal' transfer?

1 minute ago, Graviton said:

THE POINT OF AN FCD IS YOU KEEP THE MONEY IN YOUR CURRENCY IN A BANK IN THAILAND!!!!!!!

You don't have to shout! The currency you're talking about, is on a downhill road compared to the Thai currency, so I don't see the point in your suggestion.

• Like 1