After using the 800k agency method

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's not really true as you could start again, apply non imm O abroad or Thailand then apply for retirement extension

You've distorted what I've been saying and I do not appreciate it.

I've been clear I'm talking about staying on CONTINUOUS extensions.

The OP's question was OBVIOUSLY about a scenario of trying to do another continuous extension without a new visa.

Obviously you can start over.

But starting over is something that many of us would consider undesirable and a burden. 

Edited by Jingthing

10 minutes ago, yodsak said:

OP.   

1.  Plonk 800k in your bank 3 mths before your next visa and hope they don't check previous. risky

2  Plonk 800k in your bank 3 mths before your next visa and pay an agent to smooth the transition to legitimacy.

3 Leave and start again.    exempt  > non-o > retirement. 

4 Carry on using an agent.

5. Stick 800k into your own account as soon as the agent get's your extension this year, and abide by the 800k/400k/800k for 3/6/3 months in preparation for next year.  

8 minutes ago, steve73 said:

5. Stick 800k into your own account as soon as the agent get's your extension this year, and abide by the 800k/400k/800k for 3/6/3 months in preparation for next year.  

OK. 

But if you read the OP it's clear he doesn't want to do that. He's timing for a better exchange rate so that defeats the purpose of his goals. 

In any case if doing that I would fund the 800K a little bit before the current extension because the post seasoning rule of 800K starts at the exact date of the extension.

Edited by Jingthing

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Immigration are in cahoots with these agents and will likely direct you that way as it helps with the car payments. What would you regard as minor? If it was simply a missing copy of something, I would go copy it, if it was your failure to demonstrate income, it isn't minor. 

Not a photo copy, missing paper, incidentally any reason you have to draw a map.... no silly answers...... I find this totally bizarre...

also what is the 400k locked forever for... cannot be used for living neither any of the 800k for 5 months........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graviton said:

Open a FCD and transfer money and it stays in your home currency..

Transfer say equivalent of 1 million baht to allow for fluctuations...FCD account no problem for your extension.

Do you know any FCD accounts that pay interest?

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, Graviton said:
Post seasoning is the point.
For new extension based on money you show bank statement for the 2 months...... and follow new rules

If using an agent, no need for seasoning or 90 day proof of 800k

Until you, the agent, or the corrupt IO gets caught. Guess who's going to be in the front line when the excrement hits the fan?

• Like 2

Just now, Graviton said:

Not a photo copy, missing paper, incidentally any reason you have to draw a map.... no silly answers...... I find this totally bizarre...

also what is the 400k locked forever for... cannot be used for living neither any of the 800k for 5 months........

I find the requirements for an Extension based on marriage all bizarre and some are intrusive. I expect the map is so they can come pay you a visit. If the 400k was accessible for say emergency medical expenses that would make some sense, but of course, insisting you demonstrate you have sufficient funds to live on, and then prohibiting you from accessing them, is nonsense. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you know any FCD accounts that pay interest?

They all do put same poor rates.....its for say £ doubles for a day you just go to the branch with your FCD and thai savings and quickly take advantage.....

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I find the requirements for an Extension based on marriage all bizarre and some are intrusive. I expect the map is so they can come pay you a visit. If the 400k was accessible for say emergency medical expenses that would make some sense, but of course, insisting you demonstrate you have sufficient funds to live on, and then prohibiting you from accessing them, is nonsense. 

It props up the banks.....by the billions

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Cannot believe that people use agents if caught your time in Thailand would come to an end is it really worth the risk 

There is nothing wrong with using an agent if the rules are obeyed. It's simply for convenience. There are legitimate agents, and the dodgy ones.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
3 hours ago, Graviton said:
Post seasoning is the point.
For new extension based on money you show bank statement for the 2 months...... and follow new rules

If using an agent, no need for seasoning or 90 day proof of 800k

But you sure are a life time costumer for hem in that case …., as your bank shall not change retroactive your passbook , history states as carved in stone ,and so also proof of fraud whenever could be checked closely ...

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

That's not really true as you could start again, apply non imm O abroad or Thailand then apply for retirement extension

But even if starting over with a new Non O from abroad, there is no guarantee that Immigration wouldn't ask for documentation that you kept up with the requirements for your previous extension. And if the agent was supplying the funds, you would not have any bank statements showing the funds you claimed to have at your latest extension.

If there is enough of a time gap between you latest extension and you acquiring a new Non O, that is probably unlikely to happen. However, if you go straight from extension to a new Non O, it doesn't take much imagination from the Immigration officer to think of a likely reason why you didn't just apply for a new extension.

Sophon

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, Jingthing said:
2 is an interesting idea but it basically tells the agent's answer a lie, at least for one extra year.

I asked the agent about 2), i.e you have the 800k in the bank and they said its 8,000 baht for the extension

1900 and 6100 for agent where are you, seems steep

But you sure are a life time costumer for hem in that case …., as your bank shall not change retroactive your passbook , history states as carved in stone ,and so also proof of fraud whenever could be checked closely ...
Perfectly reasonable to change banks, close bank accounts and open new ones. If you have a closed account unlikely a bank would print out statements for you so no history to pass on. One rogue IO reported to have asked for 3 years statements
  • Like 1

As I understand it the new 800/400 K rules were brought in to get rid of agents.

Suspect that  the opposite will happen.There could well be an expansion of  visa extensions using this approach.

Maybe  that was their  hidden motive all along.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
56 minutes ago, david555 said:

Perfectly reasonable to change banks, close bank accounts and open new ones. If you have a closed account unlikely a bank would print out statements for you so no history to pass on. One rogue IO reported to have asked for 3 years statements

In a case of suspicious actions ,they can also know which banks someone ever used before in Thailand easy  in the digital age ...

1 minute ago, Delight said:

As I understand it the new 800/400 K rules were brought in to get rid of agents.

Suspect that  the opposite will happen.There could well be an expansion of  visa extensions using this approach.

Maybe  that was their  hidden motive all along.

Its a lot more work for IOs.

Just now, scubascuba3 said:
6 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Clearly they'd prefer you going for the 12500 yearly option. No idea what other agents charge just for processing the correct docs

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
7 minutes ago, Graviton said:

Clearly they'd prefer you going for the 12500 yearly option. No idea what other agents charge just for processing the correct docs

Where are you based.......

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

In a case of suspicious actions ,they can also know which banks someone ever used before in Thailand easy  in the digital age ...

thailand isn't in the digital age.

The real answer to the question will not come until an applicant does not have the 800K in the bank for post seasoning (on purpose or not knowing he has too)  or the 400 K at all times. That  scenario would not occur until next year after march 2020.

I would venture a guess that if one used an agent this year, the only relatively safe method for next year's extension would be to continue using the same agent again. I say relatively safe because things can happen to change the equation.

If one was married- they could move from the retired extension to a marriage extension but would the IO even look to see if the 400K was in the bank the whole time or would he simply make sure it was in the bank 3 months prior to the marriage extension.

A person could decide to not leave any of the money in the bank- and leave Thailand- return with a Non O and apply for a new extension.  Again- would the IO enforce any of the issues for the 800K extension or simply ignore the past and go with what he was currently presented.

I do know this- if I was inclined to use an agent this year- I would at least plan on using the same agent next year just to be safe and  read various forums to see what is actually happening on the ground. 

As much as I do not like the new rules (it's not the money, but the bureaucracy) I would hesitate to use an agent . It's simply the unknown future that bothers me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
14 minutes ago, Graviton said:

7000 in pattaya