1% savings at ICBC

Hi guys.

I just saw that ICBC are paying 1% on their basic savings account, which is 3 times what I'm getting right now. 

Has anyone got any experience with this bank? Are there any better deals in Thailand on savings?

Thanks in advance.

20 hours ago, SteveK said:

Has anyone got any experience with this bank?

In China yes - one of the top 4/5.

Very limited branch network here I think. Union Pay card in China - don't know about here.

If you want to keep money in the account (more than 100k THB) without withdrawing many times, then go for Krungsri Mee Tae Dai at 1.3%, this deposit account has usually one of the top rates and is not fixed-term.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/42336669-e879-4f7b-98d4-ff5c9326d7eb/Deposit-Rates-18052019.aspx

Krungsri has many branches around the country, their internet banking system is very good and I've always found their staff OK.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

If you want to keep money in the account (more than 100k THB) without withdrawing many times, then go for Krungsri Mee Tae Dai at 1.3%, this deposit account has usually one of the top rates and is not fixed-term.

https://www.krungsri.com/bank/getmedia/42336669-e879-4f7b-98d4-ff5c9326d7eb/Deposit-Rates-18052019.aspx

Krungsri has many branches around the country, their internet banking system is very good and I've always found their staff OK.

Are you sure that the Mee Tae Dai account can be opened by foreigners?

3 hours ago, SteveK said:

Yes.....I did (I be a farang)....and many farangs on ThaiVisa have talked about their MTD accounts over the years.   Krungsri is a good bank IMO.

On 5/23/2019 at 9:59 AM, SteveK said:

No problem, many foreigners have it. It's a pretty basic savings account so why not?

Archived