200 chickens burned alive as truck catches fire in Chon Buri

snoop1130

200 chickens burned alive as truck catches fire in Chon Buri

By The Nation

35e562bd762dd9ce40bfded88fddc460.jpeg

A trailer truck transporting chickens to slaughter caught fire on a Chon Buri road on Wednesday morning, burning alive some 200 birds trapped in plastic crates, police said.

The accident happened at 6am on the Bangkok-bound Chon Buri bypass road in Tambon Ban Suan in Muang district.

Firefighters took about an hour to put out the blaze, while the approximately 4,500 chickens aboard cried out loudly in apparent fright of the fire.

The truck driver, Jakkaphan Jomrat, 27, said he was transporting the chicken from a farm in Chon Buri’s Ban Pho district to a food processing factory in Bangkok when its right rear brake got stuck. He said he stopped on the roadside to try to fix the brake, but a fire broke out.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30369788

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-05-22

27 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

while the approximately 4,500 chickens aboard cried out loudly in apparent fright of the fire.

Cried out .! More like cluck cluck and lot of squawking when they realised they were clucked .. I should imagine .. 

42 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

when its right rear brake got stuck.

I don't suppose he had been riding on the brakes for the last twenty miles or so, by any chance to get them so hot?

Amazing that normally the brakes don't work at all, while here they work too well.

Perhaps the driver should take it as a message from the Gods, that he isn't meant to drive for a living.

46 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Firefighters took about an hour to put out the blaze, while the approximately 4,500 chickens aboard cried out loudly in apparent fright of the fire.

Chickens aren't that stupid then. I somehow suspect if I was trapped and was watching my mates get burnt to death around me, I would be crying out quite loudly from serious fright too.

A truckload of hot chicks? My condolences to the families of the dead birds. Fowl play is not suspected. I imagine by the time they got that truck's brakes and tires changed another few hundred had succumbed. Well, they were going to die anyway, I suppose.

7 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I don't suppose he had been riding on the brakes for the last twenty miles or so, by any chance to get them so hot?

Amazing that normally the brakes don't work at all, while here they work too well.

Perhaps the driver should take it as a message from the Gods, that he isn't meant to drive for a living.

Being a CDL I bet the pneumatics have not been checked or even hooked up correctly.

12 hours ago, AlexRich said:

I feel a world famous fast food brand in the making ... "Chon Buri Roasters" ... should give Jollibee a run for its money.

That would not be difficult....Jollibee must be the most diabolical fast food chain ever!!

1 minute ago, TumblinDice said:

You TV posters attempts at humor are pathetic. 200 trapped birds were burned alive & your making  lame ass jokes that aren't even funny. I hope karma pays you a very unpleasant visit.

It IS humour. That's why a lot of posts were liked.

The birds were burnt alive, but there's no changing that. Might as well make some jokes about it. They're birds, not humans.

1 hour ago, TumblinDice said:

You TV posters attempts at humor are pathetic. 200 trapped birds were burned alive & your making  lame ass jokes that aren't even funny. I hope karma pays you a very unpleasant visit.

Oh dear, you having a bad day?

lighten up mate, your a long time dead, a bit of humour is what is needed in this life, helps us get by.

3 hours ago, TumblinDice said:

Their destination was not likely humane either. There's a lot of unpleasant things in the fried chicken industry they don't let you see. 

19 hours ago, wisperone said:

I imagine the farmer is going to eat the loss of those chickens. Unfortunate for him.

Nope, he won't. The poultry company pay for those type of losses. 

20 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Forget KFC, we now have CFC: Chonburi Fried Chicken

Or TFC... Truck Fried Chicken. There are trucks going up in flames all over the country everyday. Perfect for that impromptu BBQ.

8 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It IS humour. That's why a lot of posts were liked.

The birds were burnt alive, but there's no changing that. Might as well make some jokes about it. They're birds, not humans.

Some of us might even take a crack at that too! 

5 hours ago, grollies said:
On 5/22/2019 at 7:48 PM, wisperone said:

I imagine the farmer is going to eat the loss of those chickens. Unfortunate for him.

Nope, he won't. The poultry company pay for those type of losses. 

And don't feel too much for the farmer in this situation. I know him and his farm. He clears B10M per year.

Losing 200 chickens is.......chicken feed.

I actually don't understand this expression as chicken feed is <deleted> expensive.

Archived