15 Japanese ‘conmen' to be extradited - Crackdown on foreign criminals in full swing

snoop1130

36 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

If you want to be a con man you've chosen the right country to operate in

Maybe to cut your teeth, but the real money is to be made in the U.K. Google "fraud in the U.K." And other western countries.

The crackdown on foreign criminals continues. Well, that could be read in alot of different ways. It does appear to me that this administration and the army is racist. Are they cracking down on Thai mobsters, those engaged in human trafficking, drug smuggling, illegal fishing, slave trading, illegal logging, and the myriad of other crimes that the Thais are committing? Are they cracking down on corruption within the army, and the administration? My guess would be no. After all, they were installed to protect the elite, the powerful, the super wealthy, the police, the army, those that are connected, and those that are in power. 

How many anti foreigner campaigns do we have to hear about before we all get the message. "Thais do not want foreigners in their country". They will not be happy until they are like North Korea and pretty much shut the borders. i know these guys have done wrong and should be punished but the Thais never miss an opportunity to reinforce the anti-foreigner message. they are just fuelling the ever increasing lack of basic human respect shown to foreigners every day. There must be millions of corrupt cases in Thailand I am sure, which they could focus on and actually do some real good, but they won't. Instead splash all over the press about the minority foreigner crackdown. I've gone and i won't ever step foot in that country again, but i have many friends still stuck there, some are trapped and cannot easily leave. For the rest of you, smell the coffee and get out asap is my most sincere advice.

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

The crackdown on foreign criminals continues. Well, that could be read in alot of different ways. It does appear to me that this administration and the army is racist. Are they cracking down on Thai mobsters, those engaged in human trafficking, drug smuggling, illegal fishing, slave trading, illegal logging, and the myriad of other crimes that the Thais are committing? Are they cracking down on corruption within the army, and the administration? My guess would be no. After all, they were installed to protect the elite, the powerful, the super wealthy, the police, the army, those that are connected, and those that are in power. 

I hope you’ll excuse me if I don’t get all bent out of shape over any alleged corruption here in Thailand. After all, if it weren’t for the political corruption in California it is an absolute certainty that I would have had the financial means to continue living there. However, after those politicos in Sacramento let UBER out of the garbage can thousands of men and women in the taxi industry, who played by the rules for years, became destitute-----many of them going bankrupt and losing their homes. In fact, the city of San Francisco sold taxi medallions that soon became worthless and still refuses to return the money to those they swindled.

11 minutes ago, oslooskar said:

I hope you’ll excuse me if I don’t get all bent out of shape over any alleged corruption here in Thailand. After all, if it weren’t for the political corruption in California it is an absolute certainty that I would have had the financial means to continue living there. However, after those politicos in Sacramento let UBER out of the garbage can thousands of men and women in the taxi industry, who played by the rules for years, became destitute-----many of them going bankrupt and losing their homes. In fact, the city of San Francisco sold taxi medallions that soon became worthless and still refuses to return the money to those they swindled.

Sorry, for posting in the Frisco forum. My apologies. 

21 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Beware! Your landlord is watching you.

I am retired in Thailand legally. I comply with immigration requirements and don't engage in illegal activities. When I wore a badge in my past life;  landlords, neighbors and merchants reported suspicious activity, which often resulted in arrests for meth labs, vehicle chop shops, human trafficking and all sorts of criminal activity.

I see nothing wrong with Thais taking care of their country. If I disagree with that, I have travel options.

8 hours ago, oslooskar said:

Sorry if I disagree that allowing Uber to operate in California is not necessarily a sign of state corruption. It benefits all except the taxi drivers, who have gotten away with overcharging for decades. It is called progress. Taxis are outdated. I have no compassion for the drivers who are losing business. Move on. Find something else to do. As society has progressed millions of jobs, and skill sets that were once high paying, are now obsolete. That happens. In this day and age if you cannot be flexible and learn to dance on your feet, you become homeless. 

So, how exactly does that relate to the massive corruption of the army?

22 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

Beware! Your landlord is watching you.

Illegally working without a permit, 15 tenants, extortion and murder were all included in the lease.   The landlord blew a gasket when he realized he was going to be fined for forgetting to file 15 tm30s so he cowardly sold them down the river. What a despicable landlord he turned out to be.....Some criminals just can't seem to catch a lucky break anymore ......

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Sorry if I disagree that allowing Uber to operate in California is not necessarily a sign of state corruption. It benefits all except the taxi drivers, who have gotten away with overcharging for decades. It is called progress. Taxis are outdated. I have no compassion for the drivers who are losing business. Move on. Find something else to do. As society has progressed millions of jobs, and skill sets that were once high paying, are now obsolete. That happens. In this day and age if you cannot be flexible and learn to dance on your feet, you become homeless. 

So, how exactly does that relate to the massive corruption of the army?

No offense intended, but only the very first sentence in your commentary above is relevant to what I previously stated; after that you’re simply prattling. After all, my argument was about political corruption in California, NOT about whether Uber was an economic success or failure.

Therefore, responding only to your very first sentence, be advised that if the State of California allows Uber to operate as a taxicab service without being subject to the very same set of rules that those in the taxi industry are compelled to follow then we have political corruption.

Regarding your allegation that the taxi drivers have been overcharging for years------it’s ludicrous. In San Francisco taxi fare increase are controlled by the city, not by the taxi companies.

Archived