India alternative

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

When you say you need to go home, that could mean anyplace outside India, right?

I looked into it years ago but I think the visa possibilities changed since then. 

10 months a year isn't so bad. 

Exactly.  If your craving for thailand strikes you could easily buy a cheap tourism visa here.

2 minutes ago, SenorJorge said:

It's getting more and more ridiculous.  No more income affidavits,  four hundred and eight hundred in a thai bank.  Lots of people are getting cranky, it's all I hear about with expats these days it seems.

Totally agree. To many of us, Thai immigration has gone too far and at the very least it's time to seriously look at Plans B and even Plans C.

I've never even been to India. 
I assume there are pros and cons.

Pros such as English spoken and the food if you like the food, which I do.

Cons such as ridiculous crowding and pollution in the bigger cities.

But it's a very big country.

Other then the must leave thing for that 5 year thing, what are the other requirements?

The question is where to stay in India? And would you be caught up in their tax system? 

I’ve been to Delhi several times, on business trips, nice hotels, driver, etc. I’m not sure I’d like to do it as a backpacker type. 

• Like 1

https://www.in.ckgs.us/visa/tourist-visa

Apparently Americans who aren't of Indian origin may apply for the ten year visa but if you are of Indian descent you must apply for the ten year.  Confusing.

Everything else is shockingly lenient.  From what I've heard you will have to go through a more thorough biometrics system on the ten year than what you are used to with thailand.  

Totally agree. To many of us, Thai immigration has gone too far and at the very least it's time to seriously look at Plans B and even Plans C.
Other then the must leave thing for that 5 year thing, what are the other requirements?

I’m sorry I’m confused are you being rejected to India or Columbia? Must be a big decision if you can’t make it in Thailand, LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

True. They are also ugly as a hatful of bums.

a globetrotter stated the most beautiful woman on earth is to be found in northern india.

otoh i have some friends that told me i wouldnt like india, they wouldnt even debate it, i suspect theres a lot of poverty, begging,

hassling, and in your face type of interaction

Edited by brokenbone
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Download the real Marigold Hotel series last year I think a bunch of minor celebs went there for a retirement trial ????

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Is that two months total all year or do you have to stay away 2 months every 6 months? Either way needing to leave every 6 months not so great.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah every six months you need to make your home somewhere else.  Easy for us yanks, thanksgiving and christmas!

• Confused 1

Just now, Jingthing said:

I still don't understand. Two months away every year or two months away after each 6 months. Big difference.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I'm confused and it's hot and I just got thrown out of my house lol.  Typical thailand story.  Every 180 days you need to get someplace else.  During every year you must have a 60 day absence.  That's my understanding of Indian law, maybe someone else can clarify better.  Someone who isn't having an emotional disaster

• Like 1