On 5/22/2019 at 2:11 PM, sandrabbit said:

crowding and pollution everywhere, I'm not joking as I've sat drinking beer in a river in the middle of nowhere for people to turn up and stare at me.

There is more open rural area, mountains, rain forest, jungle throughout India than there is crowding and pollution. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pleanty of places in UK very similar.

Have you ever lived in India?  I have.  Would not do again by choice.

I grew up in India. There are more holes in the law there then there's law. I would be surprised if there wasn't a workaround.   Not to mention there's a difference in attitude toward farang

Posted Images

On 1/9/2021 at 6:15 PM, Mahseer said:

Chance of India being open in March is less than zero and I would say the same applies for majority of 2021. Don't get me wrong I'd love to be wrong but it's just been announced that vaccines are ready to be rolled out but with 1.3 billion to get through that's quite a queue.

Vaccinating 1.3 billion people is indeed a herculean task but considering a long experience that India has with vaccination I think the government will open the doors for outsider after March/April. The new strains of the virus may delay it. 

11 minutes ago, pawanranta said:

Vaccinating 1.3 billion people is indeed a herculean task but considering a long experience that India has with vaccination I think the government will open the doors for outsider after March/April. The new strains of the virus may delay it. 

Love your optimism as I am way overdue for a visit but they only started shipping vaccines yesterday and that was 5 million to 4 major cities. One report I read stated The Serum Institute could produce 70-80 million doses a month and they are not the only party involved so numbers are against them but the fact India is a major producer of the worlds vaccines gives them a chance. 

Just wonder at what stage they'll throw the tourist doors open and at what stage it would make sense to enter?

From BBC today:

India will on Saturday begin one of the world's largest vaccination programmes, aimed at protecting more than 1.3 billion people from Covid-19.

Millions of doses of two approved vaccines - Covishield and Covaxin - have been shipped across the country.

They will go first to health workers and frontline workers, then to other at-risk groups.

India has recorded the second-highest number of Covid-19 infections in the world after the United States. 

An estimated 10 million health workers will be vaccinated in the first round, followed by policemen, soldiers, municipal and other front-line workers.

Next in line will be people aged over 50 and anyone under 50 with serious underlying health conditions. India's electoral rolls, which contain details of some 900 million voters, will be used to identify eligible recipients. 

The government plans to vaccinate 300 million people by early August. This will happen in state-run health care centres, schools, colleges, community halls, municipal offices and wedding halls.

On 5/22/2019 at 10:27 PM, SenorJorge said:

I can't make it here either.  Wife just threw me out and no way in hell I'm buying the elite visa.  The sick part of it is I married her because I really love her... I'm fed up with thailand.  Sick joke of a country for me anyways sorry to offend anyone 😞 please understand all my involvement with this country is bad and my wife gave me an std that made me unable to walk now..unreal

Well mate, you say you live in Isaan, so I assume she's a country girl. I would not date and especially marry anyone that is not middle class at least here, but thats me..

And ofcourse the same goes in any other country, including my home country. No poor people.

Edited by Kalorymetr