Repatriating back to Australia single dad

Kenny202

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My day out today cost my wife and I $6.

Three hours at Greenmount beach,  free for parking. Surfed and swam for free. Showers and drinking water at beach free. Fish and Chips on the beach $6.

Everywhere in Australia is not like Sydney. I love Thailand as well but I certainly will not bag home. 

FB_IMG_1554001355518.jpg

14 minutes ago, Nemises said:

After your swim at the Aus beach (& having already paid $40 in fees for 5 hours of parking), don’t forget to grab some fish & chips for only $26, or $30 if you want a soft drink with it.
IMG_4913.PNG

May I ask you-in a friendly way of course, as to why all three of you post together-and all highly derogatory to Australia?

Oh..and by the way..there are about 24,000 miles of Australian coastline..so I just think that all three of you should have "A cup of tea,a Bex and a good lie down.."

So,free beaches and free parking-equally free of turds,pollution, plastic bags and the assorted sludge of the selfish and polluted 3rd world..

The black shadow in the water is a Manta ray making his way up the channel.

DSCN0634.JPG

DSCN0132.JPG

DSCN0125.JPG

Just now, steven100 said:

I bet the fish wasn't fresh snapper or bream, more likely frozen John Dory fillets or Mullet

They where filleting the Mullet that was caught this morning.  Don't worry, I have caught more Barra and mangrove jack then most people alive. I spent 27 years living in the gulf and know what real fishing is. 

I have nothing against Thailand or Australia but as each year passes and the smog gets worse in my Town of Chiang Mai where my wife owns rice fields,  I wonder what I am doing wrong. It is nice again to breath fresh air,  swim in pristine seas and see the world in its true glory. Until Chiang Mai cleans up it's act in the smog department, I can see no further change. 

5 minutes ago, totally thaied up said:

They where filleting the Mullet that was caught this morning.  Don't worry, I have caught more Barra and mangrove jack then most people alive. I spent 27 years living in the gulf and know what real fishing is. 

I have nothing against Thailand or Australia but as each year passes and the smog gets worse in my Town of Chiang Mai where my wife owns rice fields,  I wonder what I am doing wrong. It is nice again to breath fresh air,  swim in pristine seas and see the world in its true glory. Until Chiang Mai cleans up it's act in the smog department, I can see no further change. 

Very true-and I have nothing against Thailand either as,after all,I have a home and a family there and will travel back in a few months time.

Nevertheless.I am a proud citizen of my country and Australia is now my home for good 'an all.

"And the bush hath friends to meet him, and their kindly voices greet him

In the murmur of the breezes and the river on its bars,

And he sees the vision splendid of the sunlit plains extended,

And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars."

The cheapest ‘regular priced’ schooner of beer in any Sydney, Brisbane or Gold Coast pub we’ve found on our current trip here is $6.50

The $5 beers mentioned on here by others must be cheap charlie beers when included in a meal package or in some boring 1 horse town happy hour.

8 minutes ago, Nemises said:

The cheapest ‘regular priced’ schooner of beer in any Sydney, Brisbane or Gold Coast pub we’ve found on our current trip here is $6.50
The $5 beers mentioned on here by others must be cheap charlie beers when included in a meal package or in some boring 1 horse town.

Sorry--$5.50 two days ago and your TV mate posted $8.50 a few posts ago..

From two of us are on the ground-(Totally Thai's Up and me)

You do realize that this form of stupidity is what cost the US the Vietnam War,don't you?

I would be fascinated by your recent trip to Australia-care to post some photos?

I doubt very much that you spent your time comparing beer prices in Sydney and Brisbane.

Usual standard fair, and boring if I'm being honest Kenny, but all the best to yuo.

The only thing I could really relate to is the heat situation, I really don't know how much longer I can put up with it, this is just not a right way to live. I got a sweat on earlier just by simply tightening something down with a screwdriver. Madness.

Usual standard fair, and boring if I'm being honest Kenny, but all the best to yuo.

The only thing I could really relate to is the heat situation, I really don't know how much longer I can put up with it, this is just not a right way to live. I got a sweat on earlier just by simply tightening something down with a screwdriver. Madness.

Agree ER. The heat situation in Thailand can be very draining in the hot season, but (much cheaper than Aus) A/C in houses, restaurants, cars, shopping malls and cinemas etc fixes the problem for most expats.

Currently 6 degrees here in Sydney - BEFORE winter has officially begun. It’s obviously a lot colder for the many millions who live south and west of Sydney.

Electricity costs in Aus are approx 2.5 times greater than Thailand and amongst the highest in the world. Most people in Aus, especially pensioners, can’t afford the power costs to heat their homes, which is sad.

IMG_4915.PNG.b77328aada093a5206d0cced7cd27620.PNG

14 hours ago, Essex Reject said:

Like Nemises said; 

6 hours ago, Nemises said:

The heat situation in Thailand can be very draining in the hot season, but (much cheaper than Aus) A/C in houses, restaurants, cars, shopping malls and cinemas etc fixes the problem for most expats.

I will add to that, good insulation and sisalation to your house with whirly birds and vents to extract the trapped heat within your roof makes a huge difference degrees wise internally, e.g. my place is 1o degrees cooler believe it or not and to be honest I don't leave the house unless I am going to one of the above, all of that said, I open the windows at 6am and shut them at 10am and then enjoy the coolness of the house on its own, hardly use the A/C's, 30 minutes at best before bed, then let the fans take over as the cool air stays within the rooms, i.e. the cool air doesn't escape via the ceiling as its insulated, therefore keeps it in the room.

The above said, prior not to having the house insulated, I would sit and sweat doing nothing, it was unbearable, one of the best investments I have ever made here, just remember, keep those doors and windows shut and shaded as heat enters via those places during the day/night, no breeze, unless your lucky to live near the coast.

12 hours ago, onera1961 said:

Do you want see the chart for the amount of foreign currency pumped into Thai bond and stockk market in the last few months? Currency traders are speculating 25 BHt per US dollar by 2023 and 14 BHT for AUS dollar.

Sent from my JKM-LX2 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

14 baht that's one hell of a speculation and as soon as it drops below 20 (if), I will seriously look at moving back to Australia because when I moved here I was getting above 25 baht to the $ and made my retirement plans based on 20 at worst, even though I could sustain it, the life I would be living wouldn't be what I had planned for, and once it gets back to 20 and above, I would move back here.

21 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I disagree with your comments, i.e. having worked in the property industry for 25 years, in every facet of it and I can tell you this, it's a dead duck and those that think it's going to kick off again, just go back to the cyclical times as far back as 1980 and you will see that she fires up roughly every 7 years and goes for anywhere between 12-24 months maximum, the last run lasted 5 years, totally out of wack and totally overheated, outpricing a generation from the market.

She has fallen 20% as a minimum in Sydney, where I practised and am talking about, Sydney and Melbourne are generally the two that increase the most, the rest follow, and without wanting to "burst one's bubble" it ain't going nowhere except flatlining or declining for the next 2-3 years with moderest increases thereafter, otherwise I wouldn't have sold out in 2016.

All the hype is media driven by high profile developers, so beware, you have been warned. If you have property, sit on it, can't go wrong, if you need to get out, don't be waiting because it will be at least 5 years before anything starts happening IMO.

Robert Gottliebsen in today's 'Australian':

"In the wake of the surprise May 18 election result Australia is experiencing one of the biggest sudden stimulations in its peacetime history.

"The Chinese realise Australia’s outlook has changed and have created a surge of buying that has skyrocketed Sydney apartment prices by 10 per cent in just two weeks.

"As I talk with east coast home builders and land developers, they all say the same thing----there is a rush of buyer interest which is being converted to orders.

"All the banks are seeing a big rise in loan inquiries —at the Commonwealth Bank it’s spectacular---and banks, as I pointed out this week, have eased the credit squeeze so loan approvals are set to rise sharply. Auction clearance rates are rising and the demand for cruises has suddenly recovered.

"These fundamental changes will soon spread throughout the economy (retail will take longer) and the Reserve Bank should delay next week’s planned interest rate reduction. Its pre-May 18 economic data is about the past and does not reflect this dramatic turnaround."

11 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

"In the wake of the surprise May 18 election result Australia is experiencing one of the biggest sudden stimulations in its peacetime history.

"The Chinese realise Australia’s outlook has changed and have created a surge of buying that has skyrocketed Sydney apartment prices by 10 per cent in just two weeks.

"As I talk with east coast home builders and land developers, they all say the same thing----there is a rush of buyer interest which is being converted to orders.

"All the banks are seeing a big rise in loan inquiries —at the Commonwealth Bank it’s spectacular---and banks, as I pointed out this week, have eased the credit squeeze so loan approvals are set to rise sharply. Auction clearance rates are rising and the demand for cruises has suddenly recovered.

"These fundamental changes will soon spread throughout the economy (retail will take longer) and the Reserve Bank should delay next week’s planned interest rate reduction. Its pre-May 18 economic data is about the past and does not reflect this dramatic turnaround."

Robert Gottliebsen is a Business Columnist and a regular commentator for The Australian.  

https://www.domain.com.au/auction-results/sydney/2019-05-11

A week prior to the election 58%

https://www.domain.com.au/auction-results/sydney/2019-05-18

On election day 56%

https://www.domain.com.au/auction-results/sydney/

A week after the election 62%

The above are auction results in Sydney a week before, during and after the election, this is by far, no boom, it's just hype, don't forget Gottliebsen gets paid to sell stories, no stories, no money, and do you honestly think they the big players don't know who he is, g'day Rob, here's a brown paper bag for you, stir up some hype will yah, it's been dead for a while, we need to make some coin.

If you honestly think the Chinese are coming in droves, please.............have a look at the measures the government has made to discourage this, i.e. additional taxes for foreign residents thinking of buying property here, not to mention the tax 32.5% on every $ they make, full capital gains tax, higher land tax, etc, etc, etc

Like I said, I am of the opinion that the market is going nowhere for at least 5 years, strictly talking the Sydney market, but that said, other states usually follow the Sydney market.

Just a day before the election, i.e. 17th May 2019 The Australian had an article on the Sydney/Melbourne unit market glut, i.e. 

Unit glut hits prices

Nearly half of new apartments sold in Sydney and Melbourne were settled last month for less than what the buyer paid.

I don't subscribe to The Australian so cannot copy and paste the article.

All I am saying is don't believe everything you read, talk to agents who are at the coalface, the honest ones will tell you nothing is happening.

36 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

and have created a surge of buying that has skyrocketed Sydney apartment prices by 10 per cent in just two weeks.

what a load of boloney ......  this is just BS imo.

"Growth in the economy was subdued, reflecting soft household spending and a decline in dwelling investment," ABS chief economist Bruce Hockman said.

and ... Australia's economy just entered recession on a per capita basis.

Thursday, 30 May 2019 Australian housing struggles to rebound.

The fallout is weighing on weak inflation and consumer spending in an economy that’s already slowed enough to warrant a likely interest-rate cut next month.

55 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

"The Australian" is part of Rupert Murdoch's News corporation group of companies.

It campaigned for the far right of politics during the election and is continuing to do so.

Archived