Coffee Machine with passenger BKK - Suvarnabhumi

Hi,

I am getting a high end bean to cup coffee machine from home along with me as a passenger through BKK - Suvarnabhumi airport  is there any regulations or restrictions any custom duties?
Thanks a lot

Its luck of the draw, however, the draw strongly favors the arriving passenger. 

I travel in through Suvarnabhumi more than 10 times per year, I can't remember the last time I was asked to put something through the X-ray machine upon arrival at customs. 

I've carried some pretty large items too...  Air-Purifiers (Xiaomi Air Purifier Pro), Car Seats (child seats), Ski Gear, Nespresso Machines....  

I was asked what was in the large box when I had the Car seat (at Christmas), I just replied Car Seat for my Son (we were all traveling together), they just waved me through. 

The best advice would be to make sure its in a normal manila cardboard box - nothing 'glitzy' and walk straight through.

2 years ago I took along a DeLonghi coffee machine (free market price 15k฿, Thai price 70k฿) in my suitcase and was pulled out for X-ray. No questions asked.

They are more after booze and wine.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Archived