Robinson, Kalasin?

Bangkok Barry

I remember reading here a couple of years ago or more of plans to build a Robinsons opposite Global House in Kalasin, and that land had been bought.

Nothing happened after that, until now. They are clearing land in that area. Does anyone know if that will indeed be for a Robinsons?

If Surin and Roi-et offer anything to go by, it will be both. Watch for recruitment posters around town. In Roi-et, they were up beginning about 8 months before the Robinson's opened. I remember thinking "Why are they recruiting so early for low level positions ? They will just have to do it again, a month or two before the actual opening."

Sounds weird I mean there is jack all but global house around there. McDonald's are not even in kalasin. I mean shiiit there ain't even a family Mart and let's be honest, you cannot really call that a hospital no matter how new the bricks are.

8 hours ago, Bkkjimbo said:

Sounds weird I mean there is jack all but global house around there. McDonald's are not even in kalasin. I mean shiiit there ain't even a family Mart and let's be honest, you cannot really call that a hospital no matter how new the bricks are.

What a very odd post.

There may or may not be Family Mart and McDonalds, but there are large Tesco Lotus, Big C and Makro stores which I think speaks far, far more about the size of the local catchment area, don't you? Big stores needed, not small.

And I can only assume you have experienced the new hospital, as well as the recently extended government hospital. If not, how can you possibly comment?

It is even possible that McDonalds will belatedly appear at Robinsons, as they do have them at Robinson branches in Bangkok (Silom/Rama 4, Sukhumvit/Asok), for example. And there are already more 7-11s than you could ever need.

I assume that the Robinson management has examined the viability of setting up in Kalasin, and they are surely better informed than you and can see more than 'jack all' potential.

On 5/23/2019 at 1:00 PM, JoeW said:

Yes it will be a Robinson or a Tops Plaza...they are not sure yet which one of the two stores.

Robinson, Tops are all owned by the same family (Chirathivat)  - Central group, sure it will be another addition to their 30+ Central shopping centres.

Archived