Motor taxi and public van in Nonthaburi (Ngamwongwarn)

Denkh

Hi, I've just tried out motor ftom Ngamwongwarn to Muang Thong Thani Area which costed me 100B, mau i know is this a reasonable price? Because from the price list posted at the stop/station, I noticed that quite a number of places are only asking for not more than 100B and I suppose my route is not really that "far" ? (When comparing to bangkok downtown)

Besides, is there any public van that I can take to Muang Thong Thani? I noticed that there's a public van station in the mall, from the poster, one of the routes goes to Pak Kret but I'm not sure what's the exact location it goes to.

Thanks.

Public vans will be cheaper then motorcycle taxi's. Maybe take a Thai speaker and ask around. i am sure there are vans in that area that will go there.

If your staying here long term and can get a mc license owing your own motorcycle is good too. It cuts through traffic. But is considered dangerous.

21 hours ago, robblok said:

Public vans will be cheaper then motorcycle taxi's. Maybe take a Thai speaker and ask around. i am sure there are vans in that area that will go there.

If your staying here long term and can get a mc license owing your own motorcycle is good too. It cuts through traffic. But is considered dangerous.

So those motor that cost only 15-40 are only for really nearby destinations? Or they are normally special locations which the drivers are more willing to go?

Just now, Denkh said:

So those motor that cost only 15-40 are only for really nearby destinations? Or they are normally special locations which the drivers are more willing to go?

What I understand is that MC taxi's are for stuff that is close of course if they are willing to go there then your lucky. But in general it will be then more expensive then the mini vans. 

The van services are on the left side of The Mall.. more in the Tesco parking area.  Many busses stop right in front.. like 10 different ones... Try the transit bkk site.   Here is the sign at the mall explaining the different van destinations.  For years there were frequent vans from victory monument to MTT.. like 25 THB.... they either moved, or are one of the few left, after they decided to clear the vans out of VM. 

DSC_0001399.jpg

On 5/24/2019 at 6:43 PM, moontang said:

The van services are on the left side of The Mall.. more in the Tesco parking area.  Many busses stop right in front.. like 10 different ones... Try the transit bkk site.   Here is the sign at the mall explaining the different van destinations.  For years there were frequent vans from victory monument to MTT.. like 25 THB.... they either moved, or are one of the few left, after they decided to clear the vans out of VM. 

DSC_0001399.jpg

Thanks, gonna check the area in tesco as well, cos I usually go there at night and was thinking they were just simply parking

1.MC is generally a bit more exp. as taximeter, as they cannot charge for the return.

2.there are NO direct vans to MTT from the Mall/Pantip2 area. i guess the direct vans to VicMo have disappeared now that purple line is running nearby and the very frequent 522 bus is reinforced-also going that way direct without stops.

Vans serving this road are mostly coming from far west, like Bang Yai and run to Mochit. Those standing at tesco are mostly going far east toward minburi and bangkapi.

3.the very cheap and very slow and very Thai way of going there means taking the purple songhthaew from opposite MALL to the housing estate Pracha Nivet 3 and change there to bus or more likely also songthaew 1053, coming from Nonthburi with a large loop around MTT. OR bus 66 along canal toward Ch wattana/new Govt. Complek and change again.

4.MTT is served by bus 166 from Vic Mon (also direct via exp-way), that link to Nonthburi and a loop of a bus/songhthaew to Pak Kred. For anything else-go to Chaeng Wattana first and change there. That is one reason why this estate never really caught on for longer dist. commuters.

On 5/27/2019 at 12:17 AM, asanee said:

1.MC is generally a bit more exp. as taximeter, as they cannot charge for the return.

2.there are NO direct vans to MTT from the Mall/Pantip2 area. i guess the direct vans to VicMo have disappeared now that purple line is running nearby and the very frequent 522 bus is reinforced-also going that way direct without stops.

Vans serving this road are mostly coming from far west, like Bang Yai and run to Mochit. Those standing at tesco are mostly going far east toward minburi and bangkapi.

3.the very cheap and very slow and very Thai way of going there means taking the purple songhthaew from opposite MALL to the housing estate Pracha Nivet 3 and change there to bus or more likely also songthaew 1053, coming from Nonthburi with a large loop around MTT. OR bus 66 along canal toward Ch wattana/new Govt. Complek and change again.

4.MTT is served by bus 166 from Vic Mon (also direct via exp-way), that link to Nonthburi and a loop of a bus/songhthaew to Pak Kred. For anything else-go to Chaeng Wattana first and change there. That is one reason why this estate never really caught on for longer dist. commuters.

thanks a lot for the detailed answer, but it seems that the van to vic.mon still exists

Archived