2 months after deposit, owner still hasn't removed stuff

I put a 15% deposit down on an old condo 2 months ago. I agreed to give the owner a few weeks to remove all the old stuff from the condo, there's lots of it. 

It's been over 8 weeks now, and half of it is still in the condo, the other half is just in the hallway. Excuse given, can't find a worker :0 

Is this common here? How hard can it be to find some day laborers to pile a load of stuff into a moving van or skip.

The sale is supposed to go through this month, with the stipulation that the condo will be cleared in the contract. 

The condo belongs to him.

I assume that you have no key access.

Wait until completion day.

No 85% until the condo is cleared.

Clearly he wishes to leave all his stuff with you.

Generally  I think that he is within his rights( not to clear before completion day).

You do not have any -until the condo is legally yours.

That is about 8 days away

What do the condo management say about the stuff in the hallway?

Alternative -you get a price for the job.

Reduce the balance by that amount if he does not play ball.

I hope that your contract is sound!

17 minutes ago, Delight said:

The condo belongs to him.

I assume that you have no key access.

Wait until completion day.

No 85% until the condo is cleared.

Clearly he wishes to leave all his stuff with you.

Generally  I think that he is within his rights( not to clear before completion day).

You do not have any -until the condo is legally yours.

That is about 8 days away

What do the condo management say about the stuff in the hallway?

Alternative -you get a price for the job.

Reduce the balance by that amount if he does not play ball.

I hope that your contract is sound!

"What do the condo management say about the stuff in the hallway?"

This is super important. If juristic do nothing about this then you made a mistake buying there. I would push them hard 

19 minutes ago, wilailuk said:

Check the hallway for shoes parked outside the doors, if "yes" - get out, it´s a bad managed place.. but oh s... I just noticed you bought it? Good luck...

In my condo some renters had shoe rack in the hallway and it was gone within two days after a report. What is this stupid idea of owning the hallway? 

Thai behavior...wait long enough and farang will get frustrated and take care if problem.

I rented one "unfurnished" home.  Had to devote one room to owner's storage...

Last I heard, they coming tomorrow to clean everything out...????

1 hour ago, Puchaiyank said:

Thai behavior...wait long enough and farang will get frustrated and take care if problem.

I missed the bit in the OP where it says the owner is Thai !!

Could you just highlight it, or copy and paste into a reply. Thanks

8 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

I missed the bit in the OP where it says the owner is Thai !!

Could you just highlight it, or copy and paste into a reply. Thanks

Abnormal farang behavior...not uncommon Thai behavior...Thai apologist...

In most contracts there is a clause stipulating the penalties to be paid by the purchaser if he does not fulfill the terms of the contract (time for balance to be paid, etc.,).

There should also be a clause stating the financial penalties to be paid by the Vendor if the contract is not fulfilled on his end.

You have the right to inspect the condo on the morning of the day of transfer to make sure everything is ok. If he hasn't removed his stuff, don't do the transfer. Do not believe him if he says he will do it after the transfer. Once he has his money, that is the last you will see of him.

14 hours ago, onera1961 said:

In my condo some renters had shoe rack in the hallway and it was gone within two days after a report. What is this stupid idea of owning the hallway? 

Possibly the same mentality as shops think they own the roads and pavements outside their premises.......:biggrin:

15 hours ago, onera1961 said:

It is important before buying even in Thailand people need to get a hold of the bylaws of the property, who is running it and how many owners aren't paying the dues and for how long and need to examine the balance sheet. Too much work even to have the bylaws translated if you are really interested I highly suggest it is done because although words those words speak if you know how to break it down it isn't rocket science.

You should thank your lucky stars the shoe were addressed if not then people notice they start to stretch it from shoes to a bike or furniture as noted now for two months?  Rules are made even if there is a .05% of something happening.  Let say there is fire electricity goes out alarms goes off everyone needs to evacuate people start to run and you got shoe objects in the hallways?

I would be very concern for two months?

Archived