Brexit crisis: Commons leader quits, piling pressure on Britain's May

webfact

34 minutes ago, david555 said:

A club yes , not running commitments for the future , example happy couple buy a car on a loan , ,wifey or husband crash the car.... one blame the other , argument becomes a divorce.... but the loan still have to be paid ….. got It now ?

Same for a credit card , or any other membership , even for that club example if you signed in for 10 years and leave after example 3 years.

You even not REMEMBER your "Tory champi(ng)on Cameron " signed a loud things to get some advantages ….? who where even not enough for the power horny Brits to try avoid to leave E.U. in his cat-fight party …. and the cat-fight keeps going on …. enjoy next decade...

Pensions aren't akin to a car or credit card debt.

If people leave and organization voluntarily, through redundancy or because their part of the organization splits off, their current pension scheme contribution will be frozen and invested until taken.

Why should political organizations and politicians once again enjoy rights and benefits far over those of the people who elect them?

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Baerboxer said:

In many businesses, going bust means their employees future pensions are lost.

MPs and MEP's don't suffer this and have often been a big factor in the loss of people's employment. Perhaps the EU and UK should simply state that the pensions of former British MEP's will be frozen at today's contribution. Period.

But politicians don't like to cut in own flesh …..both sites probably .:wink:

Let me guess............. perhaps because they created the mess the UK is in? 

The " mess " has been created by the imo..sociopaths who whilst being well paid servants for the voting taxpayers..backstabbed them big time. They can be found down Westminster way in the House of Horrors.
Also the old codgers who sleep in the House of Incontinents nearby.
Also the very bitter remoaners who refuse to accept defeat in a dignified manner.tapatalk_1555069856712.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Any credible sources to back up that statement? How many? Numbers please.

Or just another unsubstantiated claim (and of course an insult thrown in for good measure)?

Do your own research  - too lazy like most Brexiteers to be bothered. Easier to believe fantasies?

I base my comments on a considerable number of UK based social media sites and groups. Not political sites in the least. But most have now become embroiled in Brexit arguments,

And quite frankly, the ones with the least appreciation of Britain's laws, political systems, constitution and processes seem to be the ones lapping up the Farage and Johnson crap. 

24 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Pensions aren't akin to a car or credit card debt.

If people leave and organization voluntarily, through redundancy or because their part of the organization splits off, their current pension scheme contribution will be frozen and invested until taken.

Why should political organizations and politicians once again enjoy rights and benefits far over those of the people who elect them?

"Pensions aren't akin to a car or credit card debt."

But the money for it is 

I know many don't like to hear read or accepting it …., but it is already admitted very carefully in H.O.C. by May , Chancellor and the highest Gov. lawyer Cox & others , same as so many scared questions about it by brexiteers ….. so be sure it is there ….and shall be paid …(not mentioning any number as I am not an accountant ) , but yes for the principle …. I wonder if Brits would be the claiming /receiving party would your opinion be the same ….? I guess a total different approach would  be declared ….. live with it , no way around...????

3 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

The " mess " has been created by the imo..sociopaths who whilst being well paid servants for the voting taxpayers..backstabbed them big time. They can be found down Westminster way in the House of Horrors.
Also the very bitter remoaners who refuse to accept defeat in a dignified manner.tapatalk_1555069856712.jpeg

Politicians are elected to represent all their constituents - that includes ones who voted for different candidates, didn't vote, or voted for them. 

They have a duty to represent the 48% who voted to remain and the considerable amount who didn't vote for whatever reason.

They also have a duty to vote in the country's best interests; and to take unpopular decisions if that's necessary. Not pander to a simple small one-off advisory referendum result and pretend it can never be changed.

7 minutes ago, david555 said:

But politicians don't like to cut in own flesh …..both sites probably .:wink:

Absolutely correct! Whatever happens all politicians - left, right and center line their own pockets, award themselves excellent remuneration packages and take the piss out of those who elected them!

The UK should leave the EU, and pay nothing, After 3 years, with no commitment to EU decisions, and 3 years for the EU to re-balance its budget accordingly.

Just goes to prove, the EU only wants our money, but has systematically been destroying British Industry to provide jobs for Europe for the last 30-40 years.

2 minutes ago, grumpy 4680 said:

The UK should leave the EU, and pay nothing, After 3 years, with no commitment to EU decisions, and 3 years for the EU to re-balance its budget accordingly.

Just goes to prove, the EU only wants our money, but has systematically been destroying British Industry to provide jobs for Europe for the last 30-40 years.

Good luck with that …. you shall preaching in the dessert.....:clap2:

So a British signature is worth nothing ….? :whistling:   :1zgarz5:

16 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Politicians are elected to represent all their constituents - that includes ones who voted for different candidates, didn't vote, or voted for them. 

They have a duty to represent the 48% who voted to remain and the considerable amount who didn't vote for whatever reason.

They also have a duty to vote in the country's best interests; and to take unpopular decisions if that's necessary. Not pander to a simple small one-off advisory referendum result and pretend it can never be changed.

This was the norm prior to this current fiasco which has seen;

- Manifestos shredded

- Pledges to support A50 ignored

- Failing to resign (& holding on to seats) despite jumping ship with no thought whatsoever for the wishes of their constituents or party.

Thankfully the revolution that is already underway will address all of the above in due course.

27 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do your own research  - too lazy like most Brexiteers to be bothered. Easier to believe fantasies?

I base my comments on a considerable number of UK based social media sites and groups. Not political sites in the least. But most have now become embroiled in Brexit arguments,

And quite frankly, the ones with the least appreciation of Britain's laws, political systems, constitution and processes seem to be the ones lapping up the Farage and Johnson crap. 

Why would I do research to try and back up claims that you have obviously just made up?

I just wanted to know if you had any data to back up this claim. Your response confirms that you don't. You could have saved yourself some time typing your response and just said "No, I made it up".

Andrea Leadsom is the 33rd member to resign from May's cabinet over her Brexit plans. Without a full cabinet, Andrea has blocked May's WAB reading. Good move by a Leave MP. 

Mrs Leadsom then proceeded to explain the reasons why she "cannot fullfill my duty as Leader of the House tomorrow". 

She wrote: "I do not believe that we will be a truly sovereign United Kingdom through the deal that is now proposed. 

"I have always maintained that a second referendum would be dangerously divisive, and I do not support the Government willingly facilitating such a concession.  "It would also risk undermining our Union, which is something I passionately want to see strengthened.

Theresa has obviously still got it all wrong and should be gone before the weekend.

It would be a good idea for her to not be around when the MEP results are announced and she would face more humiliation at the hands of Nigel Farage's Brexit Party.

17 minutes ago, david555 said:

So a British signature is worth nothing ….? 

Obviously not............especially when it underpens a political manifesto...............or referendum declaration.

1 hour ago, malagateddy said:

Also the very bitter remoaners who refuse to accept defeat in a dignified manner.

Well you did at least state it was your opinion,

Which seems to boil down to 'it's always  somebody else's fault'.

Battle of the Dragons. 

Well timed to prepare herself for the Leadership jostling. 

These Politicians are a total embarrassment. Not only the worse PM for yonks but the worse Parliament. 

Tell you what, go and had another little holiday, must be draining. 

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

<------>

One of the things that I find most suprising is that nobody is shouting from the rooftops about the proposed 39bn payment (as part of the eu/may 'deal') to the eu!  Why is this being ignored?  Edit - It certainly annoys the hell out of me - 39bn for BRINO???

I could understand it if it was a sweetener to obtain a good trade deal - but trade deal discussions (as far as we know) haven't even started yet!

In a reliant German newspaper I have read that the EU is not entitled by law to ask for the 39 billions, especially if there isn't any Brexit-deal. But, but, but ….. there is a „small problem“ for GB.

Let me explain by the well know group of card-players.

A group of 18 card-players sitting in the pub, playing and drinking beer. Playing together for 2 hours, one man ordered a beer for all. After some time, he left the group without paying the bill. The club members couldn't do anything to convince him for doing his duty.

Some years later the poor debtor knocked on the club's door: please let me be a member again, this club is so great. Then one member asked him: „Did you forget what happened when you had left our club??? Before we think about taking you back, please PAY your debt including interest. And don't forget you will not receive the same preferences as before!“

Isn't that an example of what would happen with GB after leaving the EU-club? There is a big probability that GB once again will knock on the EU door.

36 minutes ago, puck2 said:

In a reliant German newspaper I have read that the EU is not entitled by law to ask for the 39 billions, especially if there isn't any Brexit-deal. But, but, but ….. there is a „small problem“ for GB.

A group of 18 card-players sitting in the pub, playing and drinking beer. Playing together for 2 hours, one man ordered a beer for all. After some time, he left the group without paying the bill. The club members couldn't do anything to convince him for doing his duty.

Some years later the poor debtor knocked on the club's door: please let me be a member again, this club is so great. Then one member asked him: „Did you forget what happened when you had left our club??? Before we think about taking you back, please PAY your debt including interest. And don't forget you will not receive the same preferences as before!“

Isn't that an example of what would happen with GB after leaving the EU-club? There is a big probability that GB once again will knock on the EU door.

Only a difference those 27 card players (a correction to your 18 number .) shall not wait so many years to collect /get what was agreed on , by all possible means as tariffs , taxations ,restrictions in every way possible and every nasty way to get that money , it  gone be fun ….. feeds for many future TV topics to come ….Brexit the consequences.... the U.K. defaulting ….:whistling:

1 hour ago, puck2 said:

555 in the highly unlikely event the UK went knocking on the EU club door to rejoin, the chances are there would be a notice of enforcement from the bailiffs pinned on the door.

Inside only 20 members would remain (the poorest ones), looking behind the fruit machine to see if the UK dropped any pork scratchings on the floor before they left.

4 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

555 in the highly unlikely event the UK went knocking on the EU club door to rejoin, the chances are there would be a notice of enforcement from the bailiffs pinned on the door.

Inside only 20 members would remain (the poorest ones), looking behind the fruit machine to see if the UK dropped any pork scratchings on the floor before they left.

Something as "British steel" case now you mean .....? :whistling:

Only in YOUR dreams and wishes

36 minutes ago, david555 said:

Something as "British steel" case now you mean .....? :whistling:

"Firm hit by EU's decision to suspend UK companies from accessing CO2 credits under emissions trading system until Brexit deal is ratified

British Steel is in talks to secure a £100m loan from the UK government to pay its upcoming EU carbon emissions bill, having been barred from securing CO2 allowances under the EU-wide emissions trading system (ETS) due to Brexit uncertainty."

Just now, vogie said:

Firm hit by EU's decision to suspend UK companies from accessing CO2 credits under emissions trading system until Brexit deal is ratified

British Steel is in talks to secure a £100m loan from the UK government to pay its upcoming EU carbon emissions bill, having been barred from securing CO2 allowances under the EU-wide emissions trading system (ETS) due to Brexit uncertainty.

So that is  your own fault as you should have left already long time ...isn't ? But "not like this ,wish that , not agreed with so, and more and more disagreements "….. total blocked yourself in stupidity non agreement government , own U.K.fault 

7 hours ago, stephenterry said:

In comparison to the UK's GDP of £2.8 trillion (million million), a 39b (thousand million) payment to cover existing programme committments over the next few years is probably acceptable as the UK would benefit from these. The Uk would save a few billion every year thereafter. 

The UK currently pays about £9 billion (net) to the EU for membership costs which, in the grand scheme of total expenditure of £817bn, is small beer. General UK government costs are nearly £16bn.

net contribution countries EU.png

I don't know if any brexiters have realized this, but we are still going to be paying the EU after we have left.

Why ? because we will still want to use european standards agencies. 

The alternative is we set up our own versions of everything, but that will cost much more than paying the EU to be part of theirs.

It also adds to costs. If we have our own medicines agency , approval to use new medicines has to be done twice, one in the EU and one in the UK. If you think the drug companies are going to absorb these cost themselves, then I can see why you are a brexiter..... 

7 minutes ago, tebee said:

I don't know if any brexiters have realized this, but we are still going to be paying the EU after we have left.

Why ? because we will still want to use european standards agencies. 

The alternative is we set up our own versions of everything, but that will cost much more than paying the EU to be part of theirs.

It also adds to costs. If we have our own medicines agency , approval to use new medicines has to be done twice, one in the EU and one in the UK. If you think the drug companies are going to absorb these cost themselves, then I can see why you are a brexiter..... 

Oh my oh my..., now you are going to depressing them super brexiteers... by trying to open their eyes and mind by unveiling this  :tongue:

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The whole idea of the referendum was an attempt to heal a schism in the Tory party.

That worked well didn’t it?!

No it was not. It was about the right of self determination for the UK people. 

Archived