Judge rules against Trump, paves way for banks to provide his business records to Congress

webfact

Must be reassuring to know that the American Justice System is so transparently free from political control, can't be used in politically motivated witch hunts by people who refuse to accept democracy unless they win, and has judges who make consistent decisions based on the law to all regardless of political persuasion.

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Must be reassuring to know that the American Justice System is so transparently free from political control, can't be used in politically motivated witch hunts by people who refuse to accept democracy unless they win, and has judges who make consistent decisions based on the law to all regardless of political persuasion.

What's truly a clueless charge is that the FBI, motivated by political prejudice, conducted an investigation of Donald Trump. What I have yet to read or hear how such accusers reconcile this with the fact that the FBI kept the Trump investigation completely confidential before the 2016 election. I also note that they have failed to reconcile their claims with the fact that James Comey publicly revealed a reopening of the investigation of Hillary Clinton shortly before the election on grounds that proved to be utterly empty. 

3 minutes ago, Jack100 said:

Hard , as a non US ,  to keep up with American politics . Can someone tell me if this has something to do with the swamp that Trump always said he was going to drain ?

Trump is The Swamp Thing! 

Meanwhile, NY State is pitching in to help Congress with access to Trump's NY State tax returns:

Members of the New York state Assembly made notable changes over the weekend to a prominent bill aimed at helping Congress obtain President Donald Trump's state tax returns.

The legislation, expected to be voted on Wednesday, seeks to amend state law to permit the commissioner of the state Department of Taxation and Finance to release any state tax returns requested by the leaders of the House Ways and Means Committee, the Senate Finance Committee or the Joint Committee on Taxation — the three congressional tax committees. Existing laws generally prohibit such a release.

Gov. Andrew Cuomo is expected to sign the legislation when it reaches his desk.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/ny-lawmakers-revise-bill-allow-congress-obtain-trump-taxes-vote-n1007791?

Another shot at Trump today, and a good one....

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-schwartz-trumps-ghostwriter-says-writing-the-art-of-the-deal-is-the-greatest-regret-of-his-life/

"I knew this was a bad guy when I did the book," Tony Schwartz told CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett for this week's episode of "The Takeout" podcast. The pair sat down for lunch at New York's ViceVersa restaurant.

"Trump is not only willing to lie, but he doesn't get bothered by it, doesn't feel guilty about it, isn't preoccupied by it," Schwartz said. "There's an emptiness inside Trump. There's an absence of a soul. There's an absence of a heart."

Now a second Republican (ex-congressman) out calling for Trump's impeachment:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics/tom-coleman-trump-impeachment-cnntv/index.html

Washington (CNN)A former longtime Republican congressman called Friday for the impeachment of President Donald Trump, who he said is an "illegitimate president."

"I'm calling for impeachment now because the Mueller report is out, and in it (special counsel Robert Mueller) describes 10 obstruction of justice charges that he could not bring because of a Department of Justice rule and regulation that says you can't indict a sitting president -- that's (reason) number one," former Rep. Tom Coleman, who represented Missouri for nearly two decades...

Now all he and Amash need to do is convince a few Republicans in the Senate to exercise some level of conscience, backbone and integrity....

I'm not holding my breath...

Wonder how long after reaching congress before it's leaked. Matter of minutes, IMO.

No wonder he doesn't want his business dealings in that cesspit.

Perhaps he can sue congress for ruining his business and win more money than he's have made just by doing business?

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Now a second Republican (ex-congressman) out calling for Trump's impeachment:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/24/politics/tom-coleman-trump-impeachment-cnntv/index.html

Now all he and Amash need to do is convince a few Republicans in the Senate to exercise some level of conscience, backbone and integrity....

I'm not holding my breath...

Why is it that some of the Trump resistance on here do not understand that many of the GOP hate Trump as much as the Dems do?

Trump threatens their cosy little swamp as much as he does the Dems swamp.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why is it that some of the Trump resistance on here do not understand that many of the GOP hate Trump as much as the Dems do?

Trump threatens their cosy little swamp as much as he does the Dems swamp.

According to the latest Fox News Poll, Trump's approval rating among Republicans stands at 88%

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls

9 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

According to the latest Fox News Poll, Trump's approval rating among Republicans stands at 88%

https://www.foxnews.com/official-polls

I was referring to swampy GOP politicians. I understand why Trump would be popular among ordinary citizens that identify as republican, but I wasn't referring to them.

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I was referring to swampy GOP politicians. I understand why Trump would be popular among ordinary citizens that identify as republican, but I wasn't referring to them.

Those politicians have got to be in agony over the huge tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations and the appointment of all those pro-corporate anti-worker judges.

Archived