Trump torpedoes meeting with Democrats, blasts Pelosi's 'cover-up' accusation

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Trump: "I don't do coverups."

Nixon: "I am not a crook."

Nixon's classic 5-words were used in a speech in reference to the fight over the release of his taxes (and not to Watergate), and how it was subsequently shown that he cheated on his taxes, and took questionable payments.

How apropos, and timely. republican presidents, the more they change...

PRESIDENT RICHARD NIXON: And I want to say this to the television audience. I made my mistakes. But in all of my years of public life, I have never profited - never profited from public service. I've earned every cent. And in all of my years of public life, I have never obstructed justice.

NIXON: ...because people have got to know whether or not their president is a crook. Well, I'm not a crook. I've earned everything I've got.

I think trump's line should be "I don't do coverups well."  (or maybe goodly or bigly?)

2 hours ago, Tug said:

Well another fine example of Donald’s unfitness to lead another example of obstruction (of governance)the dude plainly doesent belong in that position we need to have a way to get rid of a failed president more easily without the drama

He will provide enough rope to hang himself eventually, no need to do anything.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think trump's line should be "I don't do coverups well."  (or maybe goodly or bigly?)

I can't do coverups.  Believe me, I've tried, and they've been as effective as trying to cover an elephant with a postage stamp.

52 minutes ago, wayned said:

Even when Nixon was being investigated he managed to pass significant bi-partisn legislation  as did Reagan when he was being President.  He can't just stop doing his job because he feels that the walls ar closing in. They are closing in because of his psychopathic actions.

Trump can, it's what he does. Anyway, apart from disrupting world trade, ignoring global warming and inciting wars all he does is play golf and stuff his face with Macdonalds

7 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

I believe the American people deserve a Trump. Even another four years of him. 

Clearly, math, or Civics, is not your strong suit.

Think you mean ~ five and half more years?

Or do you envision him leaving office after having been re-elected but before the end of his second term? Or are you suggesting a royal transference of power to Ivanka, Jr, or god forbid Eric? (Tiffany would probably be OK.)

4 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

I believe the American people deserve a Trump. Even another four years of him. 

Yes, growing up in the USA we were told "anyone can become president" . Now that this slick businessman, salesman, bullshitter got in, many is pissed off.   I reported to unqualified state and federal government employees most of my working life.  It unnerves me that they are living off pensions payed by taxpayers like me simply for being able to keep their jobs for 20 years.  Once you are in the government - very hard to be fired...this is a major problem in the USA in my opinion, and always too much bureaucracy ,all payed for by the private sector taxpayers. 

Trump may not be reelected, but doubt he can be impeached as  2/3 majority of Senate in needed.  

Fake spontaneity.  His actions were scripted.  How can you tell?  Fox was tipped off -- while all the other entities covering this had to scramble to cover his "walking out," they were all set up waiting for him.  If there is one person who knows and understands fake news...

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of Apprentice President: "I ain't gotta show you no stinkin' tax returns!"

13 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Or do you envision him leaving office after having been re-elected but before the end of his second term? Or are you suggesting a royal transference of power to Ivanka, Jr, or god forbid Eric? (Tiffany would probably be OK.)

I think you're dead wrong on who might receive the "royal transference of power". I think he's trying to hold out to the end of a second term so that he can royally transfer power to son Barron when he turns 18 in 2024.

Remember, with DJT, qualifications for the job mean diddly-squat.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

No. You lied. That meeting was not an Impeachment session. Also if the house does begin impeachment which he's basically begging for as long as he is still president he's obligated to do his job.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Et tu brute?  Sound bytes from msnbc or cnn...

Semantics...a planning session to proceed or not on impeachment...

5 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Trump may not be reelected, but doubt he can be impeached as  2/3 majority of Senate in needed.  

I think if someone on the GOP side steps up to run against him next and it looks like he could pull it off, while DT is failing and flailing, the GOP rats will abandon that sinking ship muy pronto.

I'm mapping this to the Nixon experience.  The turning point there was the revelation of the tapes, and them scurrying to keep them out of the investigation was a display of having something to hide.  This whole redacting of the M-Report similarly screams guilt. 

It took about a year between the existence of the tapes being revealed and the Nixon fall; during that year we got things like the Saturday Night Massacre.  The pin pulled from the grenade was GHW Bush, who was then RNC chair, writing a letter telling Nixon the party is no longer behind him.

So right now we are in that one year, but there will be much more drama and display before this is over, possibly even violent incidents.  Expect his rallies to become outright militant. 

There is a stench in the wind that may take down Mitch McConnell, something to do with a steel plant and, yep, the Russians.  If that pans out the GOP is going to be in much deeper doo.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/16/us/politics/rusal-investment-kentucky.html

33 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

Et tu brute?

OK, I'll play...Who is Brutus in your play? Mitch McConnell? The thought of The Turtle in a Toga is something that can't be washed away.

You really should put the shovel down, stop digging, and avoid trump stuff for a day. You'll probably live longer?

4 minutes ago, neeray said:

Just as his fan base is dwindling on TVF, it must surely be dwindling on home turf too.

Naw, I think it's a holiday week in Russia, some of the paid trolls are taking a break.

:wink:

Hey, he can easily get rid of the Stormy Daniels fake news by proving that his wiener looks nothing like she described.  He should whip it out, right there on TV at one of his redneck rallies.  I'm sure one of the gals there would happily loan him a tweezers to help him handle it.

50 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Fake spontaneity.  His actions were scripted.  How can you tell?  Fox was tipped off -- while all the other entities covering this had to scramble to cover his "walking out," they were all set up waiting for him.  If there is one person who knows and understands fake news...

Tune in tomorrow for another episode of Apprentice President: "I ain't gotta show you no stinkin' tax returns!"

Decidedly  so I think. Nothing  spontaneous about contriving an opportunity to stalk off to a prepared  podium to perpetuate stonewalling. It  seems to me there are some nimble fingers  manipulating this  scaturient manic puppet.

6 minutes ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Decidedly  so I think. Nothing  spontaneous about contriving an opportunity to stalk off to a prepared  podium to perpetuate stonewalling. It  seems to me there are some nimble fingers  manipulating this  scaturient manic puppet.

Word of the day calendar? I bought my daughter one of those and I'm gratified by the results.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Are you feeling you just had a "moment" to be proud of with that post?

For your sake, I hope not. 

I meant exactly what I said. Learn how English works and get back to me. 

1 hour ago, bendejo said:

Trump's place was at the head of the table.  Shummer just reported on CNN that there wasn't even a chair there!  It was all planned and if Pelosi had not sid what she did he wouldhave blamed it on the investigations!

8 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Word of the day calendar? I bought my daughter one of those and I'm gratified by the results.

Yes, I had to Google "scaturient".

Archived