Trump torpedoes meeting with Democrats, blasts Pelosi's 'cover-up' accusation

webfact

1 hour ago, neeray said:

Either Trump is incapable of adding 2 + 2 and getting 4 or he is just plain lying again and trying to fool the public about where the tariff cost is born. Any person with any business experience whatsoever would know that tariffs are an import charge levied at the border upon arrival. I assume that every member here knows this, Trump must know it, thus, he is just a liar (or plain stupid).

As others have pointed out, tariffs increase the cost of imported goods. The Government of the importer collects the tariff, goods cost the importer more (landed cost), the higher price is passed along to the end-user. Yes, it substantially increases the government coffers (and takes from its citizens).

Gawd, how did that lying, stupid buffoon ever get elected?

And some unscrupulousness vendors in the US are also taking advantage of the tariffs.  CNN just had a pig farmer on that bought a new livestock trailer.  He paid exactly 10% more than the price was before the tariffs.  It certainly didn't cost the manufacturer 10% more.  Sure the aluminum was 10% more due to the tariffs but the other parts and labor didn't increase by 10%.  The dealer just added 10% since the trailer sides were made of aluminum.  Rip off the public whenever you can.  Trump would be proud!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

Really? You think that's the takeaway for most people? Not Trump's refusal to work on vitally important legislation until the Dems stop all investigations? In other words Trump putting his concern for himself over the welfare of the nation?

For those who just read the headline, not people like you and me, and don't go into the details of the story, yes, that is pretty much all they will take away sadly. This could represent 40 to 50% of the electorate.

My point is Trump successfully drags the discourse down to petty insults and it benefits nobody except himself. It certainly doesn't benefit the average American who want their government to use their taxes effectively. Thus Trump masks the truth of the ineffectiveness of his governance or lack of it.

On 5/23/2019 at 6:02 AM, webfact said:

I don't do cover-ups

Covered up his spanky liaison with Stormy Danials with illegal payment before campaign.

Covered up his affair with Playboy model by payment through Friend Pecker of National Enquirer.

Covered up his Trump Tower Moscow negotiations by claiming “no business with Russia”

Covering up his taxes.

Covered up his reason for firing Comey by offering multiple reasons.

Covers up his inability to read a teleprompter

Covered up the details of his one-on-one meetings with Putin.

Covering up unredacted Mueller report from Congressional Intelligence Committee. 

Covering up details of how and why Kushner got security clearances against the recommendations of career officials.

Helping MBS cover up murder and dismemberment of US-based journalist Khassoggi.

NOT covering up his sick incestuous lasciviousness towards his daughter.

2 hours ago, wayned said:

I would love to see Trump take a modern day IQ test.  Most of them are pattern and number sequence  recognition .  I imagine that he would tear the test up after the first question because he didn't understand it!

I'd guess he would score somewhere in the 115-120 range. Better than average but by no means exceptional in any way. Personally, I'm amazed he's still there, while "winging it" day in and day out. He does have the one attribute most presidents have and that is the ability to "compartmentalize", this week's events notwithstanding.

1 minute ago, lannarebirth said:

I'd guess he would score somewhere in the 115-120 range.

Well his handicap, and no, I don't mean his declining cognitive abilities, is said to be 3.

Oh, my, you're not talking about golf.

But yeah, assuming no mulligans, no gimmes maybe 120.

BTW, he'd cheat at an IQ test for sure.

59 minutes ago, wayned said:

And some unscrupulousness vendors in the US are also taking advantage of the tariffs.  CNN just had a pig farmer on that bought a new livestock trailer.  He paid exactly 10% more than the price was before the tariffs.  It certainly didn't cost the manufacturer 10% more.  Sure the aluminum was 10% more due to the tariffs but the other parts and labor didn't increase by 10%.  The dealer just added 10% since the trailer sides were made of aluminum.  Rip off the public whenever you can.  Trump would be proud!

Most farmers are multi millionaires. They wouldn't buy it if they couldn't afford it.

Eight full pages of nothing but blasting Trump.   So not

a single soul on this forum is willing to support the President of the United States?  Frankly I don't believe it.  Every coin has two sides.  Every argument has two sides.  Interesting that this issue has only ONE side.  Thai Visa gets a big fat failing grade for this Bullshit!....

2 minutes ago, TGIR said:

a single soul on this forum is willing to support the President of the United States?  Frankly I don't believe it.  Every coin has two sides.  Every argument has two sides.  Interesting that this issue has only ONE side.  Thai Visa gets a big fat failing grade for this Bullshit!....

Nothing good about this dumb clown to support............his two sides are liar and cheat.

Thai Visa is not suggesting anything, but the members are!!

1 hour ago, wayned said:

The other thing, specific to pig farmers is, China is currently experiencing some kind of pig disease epidemic. It is said that they may need to kill up to 150 Million pigs to get it under control. That is a boon for US pig producers.

6 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Nothing good about this dumb clown to support............his two sides are liar and cheat.

Thai Visa is not suggesting anything, but the members are!!

I am not surprised by the venom nor the number of posts.  I'll stick to my belief the results are tilted, not saying by whom, just sayin'.

10 minutes ago, TGIR said:

I am not surprised by the venom nor the number of posts.  I'll stick to my belief the results are tilted, not saying by whom, just sayin'.

Yes, you just go ahead and stick to your beliefs despite all the evidence that contradict them.

download.jpg

55 minutes ago, TGIR said:

Feel free to step up.

Even the Silent Majority was with Nixon right up until two weeks before he resigned. Rats leave ship, seems odd to ask them to swim back?

43 minutes ago, TGIR said:

I'll stick to my belief the results are tilted, not saying by whom, just sayin'.

Ah yes, the ThaiVisa Deep State.

"not saying"..."just sayin" - a classic trump line.

Sheesh, there are plenty of trump devotees here, it's just that they know they can't defend him or his actions anymore so they scurry away from threads not related to Crooked Hilary, the Deep State, the Cabal, the High Table, George Soros, Email Servers, UraniumOne, Comet Pizza.

Even some Fox types are slowly swimming away from the SS Trumptanic.

49 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Not really. America got just what it deserved.

I strongly disagree Donald lost the popular vote and more people realize what a fraud he is the problem is getting rid of him.and to tgir Donald earned the anger  and revulsion every bit if it with interest 

55 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Somewhat true—countries get the leaders they deserve. Too many Americans stayed home on election day, too many were taken in by Trump’s lies, too many voted on one “religious” issue of abortion when the bible says nothing on the matter, too many voted third party to send some kind of Quixotic message that nobody really got, etc.

But also important are the facts that election day isn’t a holiday and too many Americans are so badly off, they cannot miss a day’s work, felons and ex felons can’t vote, many states have made it hard for minorities and students to vote, media often misinforms rather than informs. Much of this has happened and persists and is not rectified because too many citizens aren’t being citizens and thus failing to stay engaged. This allows corporate-bought politicians to make their lives harder (as a side effect of making their donors’ lives easier) causing them to have even less time and energy to be engaged citizens, and the vicious spiral perpetuates itself.

1 minute ago, Tug said:

I strongly disagree Donald lost the popular vote and more people realize what a fraud he is the problem is getting rid of him.and to tgir Donald earned the anger  and revulsion every bit if it with interest 

I reject the notion that Americans, for the most, part didn't already know that Trump was a fraud. It is my belief that they voted for him despite knowing that, because they felt the alternative was even worse. I make no judgement whether they were right or wrong to think this way but that's my take.

57 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

~ 78,000 voters anyway.

Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin: we can blame them. They fell hook, line and stinker.

The most important states, though, were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too.

1 hour ago, TGIR said:

All of Trump's coins have his picture on both sides.

If you truly believe this please explain to me how China is paying trillions into the US Treasury due to the tariffs on Chinese steel and aluminum.

Clinton lost, Trump didn't win.  She lost because she knew that she was running against a fool and didn't campaign in historically blue states and Trump did with: "jobs,jobs,jobs, put the coal miners back to work, and bring the auto industry back to Michigan.  She and her advisers totally blew it!

4 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Somewhat true—countries get the leaders they deserve. Too many Americans stayed home on election day, too many were taken in by Trump’s lies, too many voted on one “religious” issue of abortion when the bible says nothing on the matter, too many voted third party to send some kind of Quixotic message that nobody really got, etc.

Abortion's a complicated issue. Obviously no one should be compelled to bring to term a child borne of incest or rape, and in my mind the health of the mother is paramount, should any hard choice need to be made.  That said, I don't get all this "choice" talk. 

Everyone knows that sexual intercourse is how offspring are procreated. So, it seems to me that the "choice" is whether or not one wants to enter into an activity that results in the birth of a child.

Lots of other things I don't understand with regard to abortion. Why is it solely the woman's choice? She didn't create that life inside her. Why isn't it equally the man's choice? Arguments like "it's my body" sound a lot like that argument that "possession is 9/10'ths of the law, which has never held up in court.

Also, what other species willfully kills it's offspring? Snakes, Crocodiles? Seems to me we'd be more evolved than that.

Finally, it is my belief that willful killing, even with widespread public approval, has lead to a coarsening of our culture. If this argument can be rationalized, all manner of other "cullings" can be rationalized as well. Especially if I was a millenilal person and had to live with what the "greatest generation" and the "baby boomers" had left for me to deal with. If I could rationalize abortion I'd be culling those folks left and right.

22 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

~ 78,000 voters anyway.

Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin: we can blame them. They fell hook, line and stinker.

The most important states, though, were Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin. Trump won those states by 0.2, 0.7 and 0.8 percentage points, respectively — and by 10,704, 46,765 and 22,177 votes. Those three wins gave him 46 electoral votes; if Clinton had done one point better in each state, she'd have won the electoral vote, too.

Yeah, so?

Filed under the "Not so bright things to do" category...that it's Rudy G and not Don Jr is maybe not too surprising.

WHOOPS: Giuliani Busted With Doctored Pelosi Video As He Tweets About Integrity

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani shared a doctored video of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) that had been making the rounds of right-wing media.

Then, without irony, the personal attorney to President Donald Trump fired off a series of tweets on another matter that included a lecture on integrity.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giuliani-nancy-pelosi-video_n_5ce750afe4b0a2f9f28c4f44

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, webfact said:

Pelosi, the top congressional Democrat, did not back down afterward and pointedly mentioned the possibility of impeachment, the U.S. Constitution's process for the House and Senate to remove a president from office.

"The fact is, in plain sight in the public domain, this president is obstructing justice and he's engaged in a cover-up - and that could be an impeachable offence," Pelosi said in an event at the Center for American Progress, a liberal Washington policy advocacy group.

Get on with it then-impeach him, just stop with the teasing. Of course she must know that at the present time there is probably zero chance the senate would support impeachment, and having tried to impeach, the Dems would have nothing left to badger the president with.

Soooooo, Nancy, do it, just do it!

59 minutes ago, wayned said:

Clinton lost, Trump didn't win.  She lost because she knew that she was running against a fool and didn't campaign in historically blue states and Trump did with: "jobs,jobs,jobs, put the coal miners back to work, and bring the auto industry back to Michigan.  She and her advisers totally blew it!

Actually, the fault lies with the Dem leaders that stabbed Bernie in the back. Had he been the candidate it'd be president Bernie now.

Clinton was such an awful candidate that she might well have lost even if she had campaigned in blue states.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

She's having fun playing with her food.

At this rate Individual-1 will self-destruct without having to jot down articles of impeachment, which given trump's transgressions might take a few months to record on paper.

Or better to just keep investigating and amassing proof of high crimes and misdemeanors.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Get on with it then-impeach him, just stop with the teasing. Of course she must know that at the present time there is probably zero chance the senate would support impeachment, and having tried to impeach, the Dems would have nothing left to badger the president with.

The question in my mind is ; would it even pass the House based on current information? Impeachment is a big deal and every time it might be used in anything other than the clearest of circumstances, it just makes it that much easier to be used in an arbitrary fashion in the future, by whichever party, for solely political ends. THAT's how you destroy a democracy. The way I see it is, 28 months down, 20 to go.

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

She's having fun playing with her food.

At this rate Individual-1 will self-destruct without having to jot down articles of impeachment, which given trump's transgressions might take a few months to record on paper.

Or better to just keep investigating and amassing proof of high crimes and misdemeanors.

Are you seriously suggesting that Mueller didn't find everything and that Nancy will find the smoking gun?

It's obvious that the Dems approach is to subpoena everyone in the hope that something will emerge, but if there is nothing sufficient to convict, it's all just wasting time better served fixing a broken nation, and i's obvious that America is really, really broken.

Archived