Trump torpedoes meeting with Democrats, blasts Pelosi's 'cover-up' accusation

webfact

22 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Mueller didn't find everything

Mueller was looking at just one arm of the trump criminal enterprise (bratva), and he found plenty.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nancy will find the smoking gun?

Maybe. If there's a murder by gun then usually you look for the gun rather than give up, right? 

24 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's obvious that the Dems approach is to subpoena everyone in the hope that something will emerge

Not obvious to most. They're not subpoenaing "everyone", try to be less dramatic, just the trump henchman and henchwomen. Again, seems OK to look, and unless you're worried they'll find something let it run to a conclusion.

26 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

it's all just wasting time better served fixing a broken nation

Te 116th Congress has been very, very, very active, passing legislation which benefits the country. Whether the Senate or president chose to help enact that legislation remains to be seen. The president is on record as saying that he can't do his job until the investigations are over, so he's the impediment here, not the House.

Investigatin', legislatin', testifyin' seems they can handle it all.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Mueller was looking at just one arm of the trump criminal enterprise (bratva), and he found plenty.

Maybe. If there's a murder by gun then usually you look for the gun rather than give up, right? 

Not obvious to most. They're not subpoenaing "everyone", try to be less dramatic, just the trump henchman and henchwomen. Again, seems OK to look, and unless you're worried they'll find something let it run to a conclusion.

Te 116th Congress has been very, very, very active, passing legislation which benefits the country. Whether the Senate or president chose to help enact that legislation remains to be seen. The president is on record as saying that he can't do his job until the investigations are over, so he's the impediment here, not the House.

Obviously your definition of plenty differs from mine. He caught only a few minnows, while the shark still swims.

Congress has been very, very, very active, passing legislation which benefits the country.

Oh my, where did they find the time?

The president is on record as saying that he can't do his job until the investigations are over,

Makes sense. If they are going to harass him and everyone connected to him, he's just playing his own game now. I'm amazed that he's been able to do as much as he's done with all the obstructionism  going on.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I dunno, maybe they're not off playing golf, and watching TV all day?

https://www.c-span.org/congress/bills/?congress=116&chamber=house&bill-type=H.R.&bill-status=passed&bill-number=

Just the past few weeks, too many to list really.

H.R. 2578National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Maxine Waters, D-CA
May 14, 2019: Passed House

H.R. 2480Stronger Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
Sponsored by:
Kim Schrier, D-WA
May 20, 2019: Passed House

H.R. 2372Veterans' Care Quality Transparency Act
Sponsored by:
Lauren Underwood, D-IL
May 21, 2019: Passed

House H.R. 2359Whole Veteran Act
Sponsored by:
Conor Lamb, D-PA
May 21, 2019: Passed House H.R. 2340Fostering Intergovernmental Health Transparency in Veteran Suicides Act
Sponsored by:
Max Rose, D-NY

House H.R. 2333Support for Suicide Prevention Coordinators Act
Sponsored by:
Anthony Brindisi, D-NY
May 21, 2019: Passed House

H.R. 2326Navy SEAL Chief Petty Officer William Bill Mulder (Ret.) Transition Improvement Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Mike Levin, D-CA

House H.R. 2157Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019
Sponsored by:
Nita Lowey, D-NY
May 10, 2019: Passed House H.R. 2116Global Fragility Act
Sponsored by:
Eliot Engel, D-NY
May 20, 2019: Passed

House H.R. 2066DHS Intelligence Rotational Assignment Program Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Mike Gallagher, R-WI

H.R. 2045Veterans' Education, Transition, and Opportunity Prioritization Plan Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Brad R. Wenstrup, R-OH

H.R. 2030Colorado River Drought Contingency Plan Authorization Act
Sponsored by:
Raul Grijalva, D-AZ
Apr 16, 2019: Became Law

H.R. 2002Taiwan Assurance Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Michael McCaul, R-TX
May 7, 2019: Passed House

H.R. 1947 To amend title 38, United States Code, to exempt transfers of funds from Federal agencies to the Department of Veterans Affairs for nonprofit corporations established under subchapter IV of chapter 73 of such title from certain provisions of the Economy Act, and for other purposes.
Sponsored by:
Phil Roe M.D., R-TN

H.R. 1952Intercountry Adoption Information Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Doug Collins, R-GA
May 20, 2019: Passed House H.R. 1957Taxpayer First Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
John Lewis, D-GA
Apr 9, 2019: Passed House

H.R. 1912DHS Acquisition Documentation Integrity Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Xochitl Torres Small, D-NM

H.R. 9Climate Action Now Act
Sponsored by:
Kathy Anne Castor, D-FL
May 2, 2019: Passed House

H.R. 1876Senior Security Act of 2019
Sponsored by:
Josh Gottheimer, D-NJ
Apr 30, 2019: Passed House

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Obviously your definition of plenty differs from mine. He caught only a few minnows, while the shark still swims.

Congress has been very, very, very active, passing legislation which benefits the country.

The president is on record as saying that he can't do his job until the investigations are over,

Makes sense. If they are going to harass him and everyone connected to him, he's just playing his own game now. I'm amazed that he's been able to do as much as he's done with all the obstructionism  going on.

How exactly was this "obstructionism" stopping him from doing his job? How exactly does it keep him from addressing the question of infrastructure? Is Trump the can't-walk-and-chew-gum-at-the-same-time-President?

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Why isn't it equally the man's choice?

Most logically because he doesn't bear the embryo/foetus/baby for nine months or change his body for life. He can continue procreating infinitely.

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Also, what other species willfully kills it's offspring? 

What other species understands the effects of overpopulation? They may not kill their offspring but many animal populations self-implode due to overpopulation.

Also many male animals will kill their offspring or the offspring of competing males.

But you knew that already.

6 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

...it is my belief that willful killing, even with widespread public approval, has lead to a coarsening of our culture.

Are you refering to abortion or US gun culture?

5 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

The question in my mind is ; would it even pass the House based on current information? Impeachment is a big deal and every time it might be used in anything other than the clearest of circumstances, it just makes it that much easier to be used in an arbitrary fashion in the future, by whichever party, for solely political ends. THAT's how you destroy a democracy. The way I see it is, 28 months down, 20 to go.

It's pretty clear that Mueller thought so.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:07 AM, lannarebirth said:

The other thing, specific to pig farmers is, China is currently experiencing some kind of pig disease epidemic. It is said that they may need to kill up to 150 Million pigs to get it under control. That is a boon for US pig producers.

Actually, it will be a much smaller boon, if a boon at all, than it would have been otherwise.

China cancels U.S. pork import order as U.S.-China trade war drags on

The same week U.S. President Donald Trump announced sweeping increases on tariffs against Chinese goods, Chinese buyers dropped orders for 3,247 metric tonnes of U.S. pork - the biggest cancellation in more than a year, according to U.S. Department of Agriculture data released on Thursday.

The cancellation came during the week ended May 9, a blow to the $6.5 billion export market for American pork, vital to the burgeoning U.S. meat industry.

Prior to the trade war, China and Hong Kong combined were the second largest export market for U.S. pork.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trade-china-pork/china-cancels-u-s-pork-import-order-as-u-s-china-trade-war-drags-on-idUSKCN1SM2D9

Presumably, some other pork producing nations will pick up much, if not all, of the slack. Or the Chinese may elect to do with much less consumption of pork.

1 hour ago, bristolboy said:

proof?

If you cannot see it yet, it's coming... they are called primaries.

HRC seemed "popular" if you believed the MSM in 2015/16... 

Biden does nothing for independents nor those who voted for 45 in 2016. His historical voting and policy direction is SOP establishment, just the same pig-at-the-trough voters rejected in 2016.

If you are pinning your hopes on Biden, get ready for 4 more years of 45...

7 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Biden does nothing for independents nor those who voted for 45 in 2016. His historical voting and policy direction is SOP establishment, just the same pig-at-the-trough voters rejected in 2016.

You forget that in 2016 it wasn't clear what sort of President Trump would be and what sort of programs he would pursue. Now he's made it very clear. And despite the strong showing of the economy, he has managed to be very unpopular. I think that next election the electoral majority will show it has had enough.

6 minutes ago, mikebike said:

Pig at the trough??do you want to re think that lol donalds tax scam wreaking health care deregulating the bankers that bought you the great rescission oh no we all see who the real pig is lol

9 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I reject the notion that Americans, for the most, part didn't already know that Trump was a fraud. It is my belief that they voted for him despite knowing that, because they felt the alternative was even worse. I make no judgement whether they were right or wrong to think this way but that's my take.

Trump explicitly said he knows the game and how to play dirty. He completely spelled this out for anybody that wasn't too obtuse to notice. The dems went with something of even a much more deplorable, vindictive, and unpleasant nature. It was human vs. reptilian last election.

13 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

The thought of Trump in the White House for another 18 months is terrifying. Pelosi has ripped back the curtain and voiced what the majority of Americans already think: that the President is involved in a cover-up, the President is unstable, and the President struggles to fulfill the duties of the office. My confidence in her leadership is surging.

Image result for nancy pelosi young

The problem is most Americans do not agree. CBS and Harvard polls show the majority of Americans think this has drug on way too long.  Pelosi has lost control of the party to the green dealers.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Are you seriously suggesting that Mueller didn't find everything and that Nancy will find the smoking gun?

It's obvious that the Dems approach is to subpoena everyone in the hope that something will emerge, but if there is nothing sufficient to convict, it's all just wasting time better served fixing a broken nation, and i's obvious that America is really, really broken.

Mueller did not look into Trump's financial affairs.  Congress will, and Trump is in a panic about it.  I wonder why?

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Look at the webaddress, the word 'humor' is a giveaway.

Ahem, well..... It's sometimes difficult to distinguish between reality and fiction, as realiity looks so much like fiction..... 

26 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The problem is most Americans do not agree. CBS and Harvard polls show the majority of Americans think this has drug on way too long.  Pelosi has lost control of the party to the green dealers.

On the other hand, 3/4 of the American people, including a majority of Republicans, think that if there are congressional investigations, the Trump administration should cooperate.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-news-poll-americans-say-trump-administration-should-cooperate-with-congressional-investigations/

10 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Congress has passed over 235 bills since 1 January, but the Senate has only approved 17.  Who's blocking legislation.  If the Dems pass something the GOP won't even read it as they are afraid that Trump will catch them or their colleague will squeal on them!

23 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's the problem. He doesn't think he must do anything. He's not going to be easy to remove.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Even if he looses in 2020 he won't go out without a fight.  The first thing that he will do is contest the election results which could end up in court and they might have to remove him from the white house in a straight jacket!

5 minutes ago, wayned said:

Even if he looses in 2020 he won't go out without a fight.  The first thing that he will do is contest the election results which could end up in court and they might have to remove him from the white house in a straight jacket!

Traditionally contesting elections that have been lost is a democrat thing to do. Other than that what a wild comment. It is amazing when you stay away for a week and come back and this little window of opinions is still parroting the same thing. I have never seen such a gross departure from reality.

13 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

Traditionally contesting elections that have been lost is a democrat thing to do. Other than that what a wild comment. It is amazing when you stay away for a week and come back and this little window of opinions is still parroting the same thing. I have never seen such a gross departure from reality.

You see a gross departure from reality every time you see Trump on television!

Archived