Video: French man arrested for stealing smartphone in Pattaya

webfact

1pm.jpg

Picture: Pattaya News

CCTV from a phone shop in the Tukcom computer center in Pattaya showed a foreign man grab a smartphone from a stand and run yesterday evening. 

The theft set off an alarm and in seconds staff were chasing the man who was wearing a black t-shirt with an anchor and a hat. 

A citizens' arrest was made nearby the South Pattaya store and Pol Capt Janephop Wanthongsang soon had the thief in custody at Pattaya police station.

He was named as 40 year old French national Laurent Meriem. 

The Huawei P30 Pro worth 31,900 baht was recovered. 

The suspect has been charged with theft during the hours of darkness and illegal entry into Thailand. 

Source: Pattaya News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-23

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Obviously not very well up in world news to have stolen a Huawei phone I hear you cant even give them away now  :sad:

Looks like someone could have taken a swing at him before he arrived at soi 9

4 hours ago, webfact said:

1pm.jpg

I'm surprised, the BiB have helped him to save face,..... 

okay now seriously, if the thieves were one of their local Thais, those culprits would have just paid 500 Baht and a wai.

when I see some intentional obvious crimes, I wish there should be Sharia law everywhere, I wouldn't mind if as punishment would be cutting off some limb or even death penalty, because I don't see why society do need criminals and scumbags at all...

1 hour ago, MaxLee said:

I'm surprised, the BiB have helped him to save face,..... 

okay now seriously, if the thieves were one of their local Thais, those culprits would have just paid 500 Baht and a wai.

or a wai  for a Huawei

Not an easy place to run down the congested aisles. He should have chosen a different building that lacks customers and the salesclerk is sitting in the back glued to her phone or busy eating her tum-yum goong soup. 

1 hour ago, bri1guy said:

Take off one of his hands & Deport him..      its best way to send message to everyone...

Is it sledgehammer humor day today then ? Enjoy your day .

1 hour ago, Terek said:

when I see some intentional obvious crimes, I wish there should be Sharia law everywhere, I wouldn't mind if as punishment would be cutting off some limb or even death penalty, because I don't see why society do need criminals and scumbags at all...

Very person centred philosophy of you

He may have wanted to be deported, run out money , homeless who knows his back story??

Archived