Video: French man arrested for stealing smartphone in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, sirocco said:

He has French nationality, but his origins are Arabic (from Algeria)

That's what I think every time I see these headlines mentioning "Frenchmen" or "Brit" behaving badly - half the time it's actually an African or a Middle Easterner. Bringing shame to the countries they graciously accepted to host them, disgusting.

2 hours ago, MaxLee said:

I'm surprised, the BiB have helped him to save face,..... 

okay now seriously, if the thieves were one of their local Thais, those culprits would have just paid 500 Baht and a wai.

yeah. I still have the pic of the guy who burglared me in 2015 - it really doesn't help if the news now start censoring the faces of the guilty.

7 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

That's what I think every time I see these headlines mentioning "Frenchmen" or "Brit" behaving badly - half the time it's actually an African or a Middle Easterner. Bringing shame to the countries they graciously accepted to host them, disgusting.

especially as many are cashing in welfare while committing crimes in Thailand

Dont get it! Al the way to thailand, steeling. Why not do that at your home town. Easier, more convineent and better cells! Oh and they speake france. Porlefavour or what ever????????

7 hours ago, mejomini said:

Enjoy the gastronomy in jail....fish heads and rice?

I assume you have never not only been or seen thai cells. There are no meals provided in the holding cells and highly unlikely will be sentenced to serve jail sentence ????

Maybe if staff were little less busy NOT paying attention to customer, he would have been less tempted.

Not excusing the theft, but staff do not appear to be very interested in making sale or even watching the store 

Just now, BestB said:

Maybe if staff were little less busy NOT paying attention to customer, he would have been less tempted.

Not excusing the theft, but staffdo not appear to be very interested in making sale or even watching the store 

I guess the wages probably reflect attitude

Interestingly, the previous evening (about 8:30 pm) a farang entered a restaurant across the side soi from Tukcom on the pretext of ordering some takeout food. While the staff were distracted he made off with a mobile phone belonging to the cook. I was not paying attention so am unable to identify him.

2 hours ago, samsensam said:

The suspect has been charged with theft during the hours of darkness

are thefts during darkness and day time treated differently? if not why wasn't he just charged with theft?

Yes, penalties for crimes during darkness have harsher penalty. 

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Obviously not very well up in world news to have stolen a Huawei phone I hear you cant even give them away now  :sad:

A goo

7 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Obviously not very well up in world news to have stolen a Huawei phone I hear you cant even give them away now  

Really? You might point us to the source of your claim.

Informed analysts advise that Huawei developed their own operating system in the event that America would attempt just such a move.

By the end of this year Huawei will have surpassed both Apple and Samsung's world sales. Nothing the Americans do can prevent this. Huawei is the largest telecommunications company in the world. 

I saw with my own eyes, a Malay man, well he looked like a druggie, do this and get away with it, in middle of the Com-tower Ground Floor in Penang, and he got away !!!  ... He was much young, and FAST .... And he did it MUCH better than this guy did ! ....

He just mooched around the stall, in his thongs, ... quietly picking up a good phone, and starting to look at them, and when the Chinese sails man, got tired of him, … and just turned away, ( Like they Do in Penang ) … he just quietly stepped out of his thongs ... so he could run faster across the smooth Concrete I guess !!! … ... And just took off at speed ! … And Jeeezzzz, Could he move ! ... … Two Chinese guys from the shop gave chase, but they did not have a chance !

He probably would have had an accomplice, on a motor bike, waiting for him, just outside the side door that he ran out from, as it was planned, I am sure ! ... And well this pretty grubby looking young Malay guy, .... was just GONE ! ...

and the Chinese Shop owners had one less Good Phone, … and a spare pair of very worn out and dirty looking flip flops !!!

… This French guy just looks like he did it on Impulse, as it just looked so badly planed, … maybe he has mental problems as well as a fat Gut.  ....

I also saw an Old Chinese Lady Rolled, ... Literally ! In Chulia St Penang also, on another day ! ... and she had a smallish, what was obviously her Money bag, ripped out of her hands, … and I forgot whether he got her Gold Necklace or not, … They hit Old Chinese ladies for their gold even in the lifts of the estates in Singapore, so I hear ... and well, these Fat Old Chinese Girls, DO actually role also, I can tell you after seeing the robery in Chulia St. ! ... 

... Like I was straight in front of the guy, as he took off on his escape !  … A very, Serious looking, Black Malay Indian looking guy, with a motor cycle helmet on ! …  Like I could have grabbed him ! … But well, I just stood there, something telling me by the look on his face, ...  and how he had just put the Big Old Chinese lady down in desperate, but very well balanced Efficiency ! … That it probably would not have been a very good idea to have grabbed him ! ... ? Being Old and only 5' 7" myself, ... I think that I would have been thrown across the pavement at the very least ! … And being stabbed did also cross my mind also. … So in conjunction with the pretty full on look of Raw Fear on his face also ! … I just stood there. … Mr. Neutral, .. “Yes, ... No need to stab me” … Right ! ? 

… Like I think that these guys get a pretty long Goal term in Malaysia, if they get caught, and probably get badly beaten up while in side also I would say, … so I assumed that this guy was not going to be stopped, by an Old Fat White Guy, … under any circumstances, any way I thought …

… And same story, he dodged around me, … ran for about 200m down Chulia st, and then got on the back of a waiting motor bike ! … And they were Gone ! ...

… So if you ever see, a dodge looking guy, like desperate looking, ... get off the back of a motor bike, which stops illegally in the street ... Or one walking down the street with a motor cycle Helmet on ! …. LOOK OUT ! .... Right ? 

Absolutely, considering his age. post 36 RJRS
But the first generation had a very good behavior and came to France, to work,
and not to gland, burn cars, spit on those who help them.

MERIEM is also an Arabian name, which means Mary, and it is rather the Kabyles (white, milky skin, clear-eyed, even blue) who wears it.

Archived