Video: French man arrested for stealing smartphone in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, moutamine said:

I'll never be Chinese or Thai regardless of the generation... A cat stays a cat!

2 minutes ago, moutamine said:

I'll never be Chinese or Thai regardless of the generation... A cat stays a cat!

If born there  or have citizenship  you  would be irrespective of your heritage.

8 hours ago, mejomini said:

Enjoy the gastronomy in jail....fish heads and rice?

What a bloody idiot. Well the French are known to F*^*k up many things and wars. Do things off the cuff, no thinking. 

Sounds like he has a mental problem.

No one would/should steal a smartphone and run, obviously he would have been caught, Illegal entry also.

There is probably more to his story that will not be reported.

He will be introduced to the Thai penal system with time away and deported but it might have been his intention. He may have problems in France and he unwittingly thinks the French Embassy will help him. He may have run out of money and thought his only option  was arrest, detention and deportation.

He will have time to think and realize his stupid behaviour before returning to France.

Admittedly my hypothesis may be very wrong but........!

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I guess the wages probably reflect attitude

They could always get another job. Not exactly being forced to work nor posses much skills or education to be paid higher????

57 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Know one guy that did the same, spent 1 year, 8 months in the big house.

Did not get deported although. 

He must have done more than he let you know . Usually small amounts like this do not get jail time . I think 100000 up is when jail is possible .

also not deported after serving almost 2 years is very strange and unusual 

The suspect has been charged with theft during the hours of darkness and illegal entry into Thailand.

Make sense, and people see less when it's dark? Array Wa?

Did he come on a banana boat to Thailand?

Last year two foreign thieves got caught in a short period, and I certainly know how that affects us in general:

I had an appointment at the local hospital, sat behind an older lady, waiting for my OPD card.

When the lady then realized that a foreigner was right behind her, she immediately took her handbag off the chair next to her and kept in on her body, giving me a very strange look.

I didn't feel good and that because some other guys had stolen handbags? If all human trash would be removed from Pattaya I might even consider going back for a holiday. 

They should "stone him" with old phones and give him a few years to think about what went wrong in his life. And throw away the key, of course. 

8 hours ago, mejomini said:

Enjoy the gastronomy in jail....fish heads and rice?

haha same than isan food north eweryday have my home, thats is why i have slim now, haha i come thailand 7 year before weight has 120kg now have 80 kg no have good food newer. but newermind someday i die to thailand. haha. this men has idiot, who need phone ???? i no has use phone last 7 year anythink, only OTP at bank need phone but my account internet no working last 6 month mai ben rai who need. life relax and enjoy haha

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

The suspect has been charged with theft during the hours of darkness and illegal entry into Thailand.

Make sense, and people see less when it's dark? Array Wa?

Did he come on a banana boat to Thailand?

Last year two foreign thieves got caught in a short period, and I certainly know how that affects us in general:

I had an appointment at the local hospital, sat behind an older lady, waiting for my OPD card.

When the lady then realized that a foreigner was right behind her, she immediately took her handbag off the chair next to her and kept in on her body, giving me a very strange look.

I didn't feel good and that because some other guys had stolen handbags? If all human trash would be removed from Pattaya I might even consider going back for a holiday. 

They should "stone him" with old phones and give him a few years to think about what went wrong in his life. And throw away the key, of course. 

Because all trash is in Pattaya and not isaan?

i suppose all the local thief’s are from another planet not from isaan, this is why after stealing or robbing or raping or killing they all run to hide out in isaan 

isaan land of honest , hard working , friendly people????????????

10 minutes ago, BestB said:

Sometimes I wonder , what is worse?

a silly guy stealing or malicious, full

of hate, jaded, sick minded people on thai visa wishing death or beheading for someone stealing 

people who steal is worse 

the magic of being a farang, ie a rich extra territerial in the eyes of the locals, has long gone. nowadays, they know farang is just an other ordinary dude who can commit petty thefts. (note, i visited thailand for the first time in the eighties)

41 minutes ago, finnishmen said:

haha same than isan food north eweryday have my home, thats is why i have slim now, haha i come thailand 7 year before weight has 120kg now have 80 kg no have good food newer. but newermind someday i die to thailand. haha. this men has idiot, who need phone ???? i no has use phone last 7 year anythink, only OTP at bank need phone but my account internet no working last 6 month mai ben rai who need. life relax and enjoy haha

Can you say it again?

57 minutes ago, BestB said:

Sometimes I wonder , what is worse?

a silly guy stealing or malicious, full

of hate, jaded, sick minded people on thai visa wishing death or beheading for someone stealing 

Indeed couldnt agree more . Sick internet people everywhere now . 

9 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

To make matters worse for him I wonder if he tried to grab a Chinese knock-off ?

Or worse, an Apple nock-off.

Huawei mobiles are a better value product and Apple are not happy about it at all.

5 hours ago, Terek said:

when I see some intentional obvious crimes, I wish there should be Sharia law everywhere, I wouldn't mind if as punishment would be cutting off some limb or even death penalty, because I don't see why society do need criminals and scumbags at all...

Ever thought of trying out Saudi Arabia for your holidays instead of the LOS.

You'd have a wonderful time there especially when you visit the town square on execution day. You might get lucky and see a beheading.

Archived