Video: French man arrested for stealing smartphone in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

probadly a dummy phone I imagine as a real one would not be on display to be nicked. the idiot Frenchie will be enjoying the Bangkok Hilton now

I assume you don't go out much? At least not to shopping malls.

Most shops have the real phones on display nowadays. The time of dummy phones is over. 

1 hour ago, grollies said:

The real crime here is charging B31,000 for a Huwawai 'smart' phone.

B31,000.............? For a POS?

If it was a "Huwawai", 31k is indeed a bit much. But the phone in the OP is a Huawei P30 Pro, which is the best phone at this moment on the market in the world. If you think this is a POS, you obviously don't have a clue about phones!

53 minutes ago, Cheops said:

If it was a "Huwawai", 31k is indeed a bit much. But the phone in the OP is a Huawei P30 Pro, which is the best phone at this moment on the market in the world. If you think this is a POS, you obviously don't have a clue about phones!

Best phone without operating system or software updates and support after August . you obviously do have many clues????

28 minutes ago, BestB said:

Best phone without operating system or software updates and support after August . you obviously do have many clues????

Huawei only won't be able to use Android for new models. Existing models are not affected. I work for a company who creates and delivers IC's to Huawei, so yeah, I do have a clue, but I guess B knows Best, right BestB?

35 minutes ago, Cheops said:

Huawei only won't be able to use Android for new models. Existing models are not affected. I work for a company who creates and delivers IC's to Huawei, so yeah, I do have a clue, but I guess B knows Best, right BestB?

Huawei will have their own OS by the end of 90 days and it will peepee all over android. Just announced today.

Honestly, anyone who thinks the Chinese never have a back up plan needs to think again. They let others take the weight and when its gets broke they step in.

Will you never learn? Nope I guess not. ????

26 minutes ago, Traubert said:

Huawei will have their own OS by the end of 90 days and it will peepee all over android. Just announced today.

Honestly, anyone who thinks the Chinese never have a back up plan needs to think again. They let others take the weight and when its gets broke they step in.

Right. I was and still am planning to buy the Huawei P30 Pro, which is a very good phone in all aspects. Even if you get issues with software you still can root it and load a custom rom.

8 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

The suspect has been charged with theft during the hours of darkness and illegal entry into Thailand.

Make sense, and people see less when it's dark? Array Wa?

Did he come on a banana boat to Thailand?

Last year two foreign thieves got caught in a short period, and I certainly know how that affects us in general:

I had an appointment at the local hospital, sat behind an older lady, waiting for my OPD card.

When the lady then realized that a foreigner was right behind her, she immediately took her handbag off the chair next to her and kept in on her body, giving me a very strange look.

I didn't feel good and that because some other guys had stolen handbags? If all human trash would be removed from Pattaya I might even consider going back for a holiday. 

They should "stone him" with old phones and give him a few years to think about what went wrong in his life. And throw away the key, of course. 

why not just send him back to France? 

that would be a much worse punishment than all you mentioned!

4 hours ago, Cheops said:

You can believe in whatever makes you happy ????of course you work for a company who create and deliver to Huawei ????????????

3 hours ago, Traubert said:

Honestly anyone who thinks Chinese can make their own good and functional need to think again.but of course anyone welcome to own a piece of something that is not compatible with anything else 

Say-la-vie... what a w-anchor... maybe his insurance premium was due?

How did he make "Illegal" entry into Thailand or do they mean he came in as a tourist & decided to stay a bit longer funding his existence via theft?

16 hours ago, bristolgeoff said:

probadly a dummy phone I imagine as a real one would not be on display to be nicked. the idiot Frenchie will be enjoying the Bangkok Hilton now

I have seem both in Thailand. The real deal usually has a security cable attached. 

7 hours ago, Cheops said:

No, not much of a clue. But I am of the generation where, if I can buy a 'smart' phone that works, does my internet, email,  Line and WhatsApp, YouTube, blah, blah, ad nauseam for say B4,500 and it will last me a few years then why on earth spend £775 (B31,000) on a tarted-up product that does the same thing?

I know, I know, it looks cool right, has super graphics, a bigger screen.......yawn.

Does it have forward scanning radar that warns the user who is inevitably walking down the street, head down, reading their phone, updating their Facebook status, whatever, of pedestrians walking in the opposite direction? No. 

Sent from my Oppo.....

17 hours ago, Terek said:

when I see some intentional obvious crimes, I wish there should be Sharia law everywhere, I wouldn't mind if as punishment would be cutting off some limb or even death penalty, because I don't see why society do need criminals and scumbags at all...

That is the most ridiculously ignorant and uninformed thing I perhaps have ever read.

21 minutes ago, Cereal said:

That is the most ridiculously ignorant and uninformed thing I perhaps have ever read.

I second that. Unfortunately, Mr Terek is probably of the faith that promotes Sharia Law in which case that mind-set is the consensus.

16 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Can you say it again?

Here goes:

"haha same than isan food north eweryday have my home, thats is why i have slim now, haha i come thailand 7 year before weight has 120kg now have 80 kg no have good food newer. but newermind someday i die to thailand. haha. this men has idiot, who need phone ???? i no has use phone last 7 year anythink, only OTP at bank need phone but my account internet no working last 6 month mai ben rai who need. life relax and enjoy haha"

Archived