Video: French man arrested for stealing smartphone in Pattaya

webfact

20 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

He may have wanted to be deported, run out money

If he thought he would get a free flight home, he's not right in the head. He'd have to sit in the clink, until he can produce cash for the ticket.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, grollies said:

No, not much of a clue. But I am of the generation where, if I can buy a 'smart' phone that works, does my internet, email,  Line and WhatsApp, YouTube, blah, blah, ad nauseam for say B4,500 and it will last me a few years then why on earth spend £775 (B31,000) on a tarted-up product that does the same thing?

I know, I know, it looks cool right, has super graphics, a bigger screen.......yawn.

Does it have forward scanning radar that warns the user who is inevitably walking down the street, head down, reading their phone, updating their Facebook status, whatever, of pedestrians walking in the opposite direction? No. 

Sent from my Oppo.....

You are correct that most users will never use the potential of the high end phones, but I do. 

On 5/23/2019 at 10:53 AM, RJRS1301 said:

He may well be third generation French though

Actually his name is MONSIEUR ABDELKARIM LAURENT MERIEM 

And from Google he works in the "Film industry".  

This guy right here (arabic scum) is the reason why I left France and Europe as a whole, a sinking ship under the heavy pressure of mass immigration over the past 30 years, destroying our heritage, our culture, our values, our language.

On 5/22/2019 at 8:23 PM, webfact said:

The suspect has been charged with theft during the hours of darkness and illegal entry into Thailand. 

How these people enter illegally in Thailand? Land border obviously. But is the land border very porous?

On 5/23/2019 at 5:09 PM, Mark mark said:

I saw with my own eyes, a Malay man, well he looked like a druggie, do this and get away with it, in middle of the Com-tower Ground Floor in Penang, and he got away !!!  ... He was much young, and FAST .... And he did it MUCH better than this guy did ! ....

He just mooched around the stall, in his thongs, ... quietly picking up a good phone, and starting to look at them, and when the Chinese sails man, got tired of him, … and just turned away, ( Like they Do in Penang ) … he just quietly stepped out of his thongs ... so he could run faster across the smooth Concrete I guess !!! … ... And just took off at speed ! … And Jeeezzzz, Could he move ! ... … Two Chinese guys from the shop gave chase, but they did not have a chance !

He probably would have had an accomplice, on a motor bike, waiting for him, just outside the side door that he ran out from, as it was planned, I am sure ! ... And well this pretty grubby looking young Malay guy, .... was just GONE ! ...

and the Chinese Shop owners had one less Good Phone, … and a spare pair of very worn out and dirty looking flip flops !!!

… This French guy just looks like he did it on Impulse, as it just looked so badly planed, … maybe he has mental problems as well as a fat Gut.  ....

I also saw an Old Chinese Lady Rolled, ... Literally ! In Chulia St Penang also, on another day ! ... and she had a smallish, what was obviously her Money bag, ripped out of her hands, … and I forgot whether he got her Gold Necklace or not, … They hit Old Chinese ladies for their gold even in the lifts of the estates in Singapore, so I hear ... and well, these Fat Old Chinese Girls, DO actually role also, I can tell you after seeing the robery in Chulia St. ! ... 

... Like I was straight in front of the guy, as he took off on his escape !  … A very, Serious looking, Black Malay Indian looking guy, with a motor cycle helmet on ! …  Like I could have grabbed him ! … But well, I just stood there, something telling me by the look on his face, ...  and how he had just put the Big Old Chinese lady down in desperate, but very well balanced Efficiency ! … That it probably would not have been a very good idea to have grabbed him ! ... ? Being Old and only 5' 7" myself, ... I think that I would have been thrown across the pavement at the very least ! … And being stabbed did also cross my mind also. … So in conjunction with the pretty full on look of Raw Fear on his face also ! … I just stood there. … Mr. Neutral, .. “Yes, ... No need to stab me” … Right ! ? 

… Like I think that these guys get a pretty long Goal term in Malaysia, if they get caught, and probably get badly beaten up while in side also I would say, … so I assumed that this guy was not going to be stopped, by an Old Fat White Guy, … under any circumstances, any way I thought …

… And same story, he dodged around me, … ran for about 200m down Chulia st, and then got on the back of a waiting motor bike ! … And they were Gone ! ...

… So if you ever see, a dodge looking guy, like desperate looking, ... get off the back of a motor bike, which stops illegally in the street ... Or one walking down the street with a motor cycle Helmet on ! …. LOOK OUT ! .... Right ? 

Just continuing the thread on Theft, and Thieves ….

… So how about this story of Theft, or Thieves ? … Sometimes not being as stupid as you might think ? Other than being Thieves in the first place ! Right ? ...

... In a good suburban street in Adelaide, Australia, the pretty rich looking house over the road was broken in to, my mother told me to take a look, as she heard the Burglar alarm going off. ... I looked, and no sign of any crimes in side, by just looking through the windows from a distance, and it was a corner block, so I got a good look at it ...

The owner was away, and overseas actually, so his sister eventually came around and switched the alarm off. .. No security people came, my mother had called the cops but well, it took over a half of an hour for them to turn up ... I stood in side, with the owner’s sister, and we surveyed the large hole that had been kicked ? In the side Patio door .... We looked at the stairs to the still darkened upper floor, ….  And I just said to her, … “Well if someone is still up there ..I do not want to be punched out by them” .. So we both just waited down stairs, for the cops to turn up ...  a good excuse to "Meet the neighbors" ... 

… One cops eventually turned up, ... and left his Police Jacket on the table as he went upstairs ... shouting “Police, …Police” as he went, …. But no criminals. ... He said that the Office had been turned over ! ? And there were things all over the floor there !   ... But nothing else had been touched, even the bottle of wine and glass, on the cupboard near where we were waiting, was still waiting there in polite, class ... Noting outside the office had been touched.

The cop told us he always takes off his jacket, just in case he has to fight with a criminal,... as a jacket cramps his ability to defend himself right ! Har Ha !!!

The sister Phones her brother and he says that he left the office like that before he went on his trip ! ? … So nothing was stolen ? Apparently ? According to the owner any way.

… The Cope goes, and case Closed. … “Axxxxxxxxxx, passing through from down Tapperoo" ? … Woops not allowed to say that these days ! …. are we ?

Now I am not a conspiracy theory Man, .. But how about the Thought ? … The Theory ? ... Now the House owner, was a Top of the range A/C installer, a high class Tradie, ... … So what about the theory that he was getting paid cash money, … and that he did not want to pay tax on it, ... …  so he was hiding it in his office ! ? ... And that the local Crims KNEW that he was probably was doing this ! ? ...

So they kicked in the side door of a house that obviously would have an alarm, ... crawled in through the hole, setting the alarm off, ... but quickly running up the stairs, .. Rifling the office, … and finding the cash money pretty quickly, … Possibly even knowing about where he kept it ? ….  Running down the stairs,  and leaving as they had come.

Like they probably had an accomplice standing lookout on the street, outside the side gate, and they left over the back wall in to someone else’s drive way, where they could not be seen any way, the same way that they would have arrived, ……. The good cop did take a look there also incidentally, ….

Like they probably would have known how long they had, as no one could see them, or get in to the house, until the sister turned up with her keys, and they probably knew how far away she lived, … and well .... The owner then, did not really want everyone to know that he kept Cash Money in his house, … or that it obviously was, to avoid Tax on it ? … So he said that nothing had been taken.

... Just thinking you know .... Like Crimes are not always stupid, ... it is just that they have to be criminals that often is their only stupid part ? ... Right ? …  And some of them go to work in White shirts, red ties, and a blue jacket,with Monogram,.... and sit in an office, .. Like … Xxxxx …  well better not go there or my Story might be pulled …

… Any way in comparison, I think that this French Guy in this Thai story of snatch and Grab, … IS ! stupid, and very stupid, as he obviously would never have gotten away with this crime. ... Like the words, “Mentally Challenged” cross my mind. ... 

Archived