Massive corruption unearthed in flouting of building and safety regulations

webfact

Massive corruption unearthed in flouting of building and safety regulations

8pm.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

Manager reported that the Ministry Of the Interior was investigating massive corruption among sections of municipal councils nationwide.

This involved the wholesale flouting of planning, building and safety regulations. 

Chief among the suspects in the wrongdoing are staff in the engineering and finance departments of municipal councils throughout the country. 

In the ten year period from 2008 to 2017 the ministry was dealing with 377 cases some of which have been resolved and some that are still pending resolution. 

The malfeasance involves all manner of properties including many hotels.

It involves corruption associated with the falsification of documents regarding building, change of use and demolition. 

The violation of safety regulations and planning permission also figures in many other cases topping 1,000 nationwide. 

Source: Manager Online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-23

1 minute ago, webfact said:

was investigating massive corruption among sections of municipal councils nationwide.

No major surprise there. I think everyone nationwide knows that the councils are corrupt. I mean, why should they be different from the cops, the politicians and everyone else who gets an opportunity to rake something off for themselves?

My only surprise it that it didn't take a tragedy like a condo block collapsing for this to be brought under inspection.

2 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

They need to look at the Police corruption next, if they think this is massive I wonder how that would be described.

In goes in the order of social status.   Small at the bottom but grossly sickening at the very top.

Should hell freezes over and i'll grow a thick bushy crop of hair tomorrow, i'll be not as surprise to read about a 'massive corruptions' in Thailand, this country runs and thrive of payola and backhands dealings, i dare say that if it stops, the economy will collapse...

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

They need to look at the Police corruption next, if they think this is massive I wonder how that would be described.

Didn't some UN or similar NGO document describe them as the largest organised crime syndicate in the world?

1 hour ago, Orton Rd said:

How do you know that? You are one of those who tried to corrupted Police officers ? :ermm:

2 hours ago, geoffbezoz said:

Should have been reported as "corruption of epic proportions surely" ?

Epidemic proportions, or pandemic if you think Thailand is the centre of the world.

1 hour ago, JAG said:

Didn't some UN or similar NGO document describe them as the largest organised crime syndicate in the world?

Interpol. And Somchai from Trang.

1 hour ago, Anythingleft? said:

How do you unearth something that is so obviously not buried or hidden in any way....

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Correct, the correct word is "mentioned" 

I personally do not know or know of one Thai, male or female, that would not participate in some corrupt scheme to line their own pockets.

It is a cultural norm here...a right as a Thai citizen to game the system, farangs, and each other.   ????

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

I believe in the roles and responsibilities section of the job description it is viewed as an essential aspect of the job...

Archived