Homemade Birthday cake and cheesecake recommendations

stament

Can anyone recommend any good places to get a birthday cake please. We have bought from the usual suspects before S+P, Svensens, bakeries in malls, Dairy Queen etc.

Prefer homemade, recommendations highly appreciated.

Secondly looking for good blueberry cheesecake recommendations....

Thanks in advance 

The best we have found is Cake Lover on the canal road 500M? south of the intersection that goes to the Queens garden....

It's as close as you'll find here to a nice, moist, homemade cake....After finding this shop we've never gone anywhere else - and we've tried a lot of places over the years....

No hint of the commercial cake mass produced taste....

It's on the southbound side & it's side by side with a small Thai noodle? shop....If you go too fast you'll zip right past it easily.....

When eating out to celebrate a birthday we share a piece with the owner of whichever place we go = they've all been surprised at how good the cake is & ask where they can get it....It isn't like the normal local offerings.....Priced right too...

You do have order ahead a day or two....They don't have old display cakes lying around....They're made to order....

Hug bakery makes some outstandingly beautiful cakes that impress if that's a goal - but the taste is marginal....

1 hour ago, pgrahmm said:

The best we have found is Cake Lover on the canal road 500M? south of the intersection that goes to the Queens garden....

It's as close as you'll find here to a nice, moist, homemade cake....After finding this shop we've never gone anywhere else - and we've tried a lot of places over the years....

No hint of the commercial cake mass produced taste....

It's on the southbound side & it's side by side with a small Thai noodle? shop....If you go too fast you'll zip right past it easily.....

When eating out to celebrate a birthday we share a piece with the owner of whichever place we go = they've all been surprised at how good the cake is & ask where they can get it....It isn't like the normal local offerings.....Priced right too...

You do have order ahead a day or two....They don't have old display cakes lying around....They're made to order....

Hug bakery makes some outstandingly beautiful cakes that impress if that's a goal - but the taste is marginal....

I would have replied to Mr Stament, bake it yourself.

However, your post nails it on the head.

Seeing Cake Lover’s reviews my wife and I tried it last year. It’s good but we both thought better desserts are found at Oasis and Fern Forest Cafe. Both are restaurants with good food, slices of pies and cakes, and we have ordered whole cheesecakes from both to take away home. Check their websites/FB pages. 

45 minutes ago, DonDoRondo said:

I've seen this place before - do they sell by the slice? ( to go? )

They also have coffee & small pastries, but I've never seen a cake cut to sell slices....

1 hour ago, DonDoRondo said:

I've seen this place before - do they sell by the slice? ( to go? )

I think a small cake is only 100B? They are Thai priced....

Take it home & have your way with it.....

Archived