Phuket police hunting for suspects who attacked an ambulance

webfact

Phuket police hunting for suspects who attacked an ambulance – VIDEO

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

VIDEO: Detnarong Songsang

asdf-14-1.jpg

Phuket police are hunting for suspects who tried to stop an ambulance and attack rescue workers. They have good photos of the attackers and say it will be easy to track them down.

The Wichit Police were notified of the incident earlier in the week. 41 year old Detnarong Songsang, a rescue worker, was driving the ambulance through the Darasamut Underpass.

Two suspects on a motorbike chased after the ambulance when the rescue worker driving the vehicle beeped their horn at them. One of them threw a solid item at the ambulance and then tried to use a sharp steel rod to stab at the driver and damage the ambulance.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/phuket-police-hunting-for-suspects-who-attacked-an-ambulance-video

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-23

I wonder what would have happened when in his own defense the ambulance driver simply swerves and knocks the guys off their bike.

The owners of these over-inflated-egos who over react in such a violet manner seem to be an ever growing danger to society... with no active policing to keep these characters in check they rein free with little fear of repercussion. 

We saw this recently with a BMW driver who lacked the emotional tools to deal with his failings on the road and was unable to handle someone beeping their horn at him. 

If someone gets out of their car or tries to attack you while driving, especially if they have a weapon in their hands, how reasonable is it to protect yourself and ram them????

You can't say these situations don't happen to you, they do, they've happened to me, when driving, someone seems angry because they can't undercut in heavy traffic etc... then when they do get in front they stop and block you because of some perceived slight... This happened to me, but the guy didn't get out - I wonder what I would have / could have done had they got out and tried to attack me - With a child in my car I think I may have just tried to drive off and if they got in my way thats their fault (the keyboard warrior in me thinks so anyway). 

Using a car to remove yourself from a threat situation is extremely questionable and in the west will inevitably result in charges.

I can totally understand the action but remember that hitting someone with a couple of tons of metal will result in injuries if not death, can you justify this result.

After having said all the sensible things I still sympathise with people who run through so called protesters who display absolute contempt for others rights. People who threaten violence in road rage instances,stand in the road at your own risk.

Men arrested for axe-wielding road-rage attack on ambulance

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1558591805_1-org.jpg

By Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Two men have been arrested for attacking an ambulance with an axe in a fit of road rage, smashing the ambulance’s mirrors and rear window, on Phuket’s bypass road in broad daylight on Monday (May 20).

Phuket Provincial Police Deputy Commander Col Sermpan Sirikong confirmed to The Phuket News that the two men were arrested at rented house in Thalang this morning (May 23).

“A search of the house resulted in bullets being seized at the scene, but officers did not find any firearms,” he said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/men-arrested-for-axe-wielding-road-rage-attack-on-ambulance-71522.php#BlV9wDHJbQoZb0x3.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-23

Possession of several offensive weapons and bullets. Outstanding citizens, shame that they are braindead. Should be rewarded with 5 years, but being Thailand a slap on the wrist will suffice, it was just road rage after all. 
Awaiting tomorrow's videos with more of the same.????

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I wonder what would have happened when in his own defense the ambulance driver simply swerves and knocks the guys off their bike.

The owners of these over-inflated-egos who over react in such a violet manner seem to be an ever growing danger to society... with no active policing to keep these characters in check they rein free with little fear of repercussion. 

We saw this recently with a BMW driver who lacked the emotional tools to deal with his failings on the road and was unable to handle someone beeping their horn at him. 

If someone gets out of their car or tries to attack you while driving, especially if they have a weapon in their hands, how reasonable is it to protect yourself and ram them????

You can't say these situations don't happen to you, they do, they've happened to me, when driving, someone seems angry because they can't undercut in heavy traffic etc... then when they do get in front they stop and block you because of some perceived slight... This happened to me, but the guy didn't get out - I wonder what I would have / could have done had they got out and tried to attack me - With a child in my car I think I may have just tried to drive off and if they got in my way thats their fault (the keyboard warrior in me thinks so anyway). 

Really stresses the need for dash cams front and rear....invaluable in the event of an accident.

I find it absolutely amazing that in Thailand you will be arrested if carrying with you a bullet proof vest, as it is considered a weapon of war (!?) yet wielding an axt, baseball bat, knife or even gun in traffic never seems to result in any serious charges!

36 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

No helmets either

Number plate shown clearly, should be custody by now one would imagine

Not very bright either, everyone has dash cams 

If you read the thread you'll see they have been arrested.

5 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Look on that video, plenty bikes going the other way. 

Must admit I have never seen a bike any time I drive through these under passes.

I see bikes going through them often.

Archived