New TM30 requirement at Chaengwattana

Can anyone confirm that Chaengwattana now require the owner to be present when submitting a TM30 report, or the foreigner must have Power of Attorney?

Reports on Facebook say people doing 90day reports and Extensions were turned away if they didn't have a TM30 receipt and were not allowed to submit one if they didn't have the owner/landlord with them, or Power of Attorney.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Reports on Facebook say people doing 90day reports and Extensions were turned away if they didn't have a TM30 receipt and were not allowed to submit one if they didn't have the owner/landlord with them, or Power of Attorney.

I read that short thread. Seems a bit alarming, although the intention of the TM30 process is to have responsible Thai parties reporting foreigners, and having foreigners self-report is, well, self-defeating if "national security" is the real reason for this check/balance on foreigners? So requiring landlords to report in person, or using the online system, or give a PoA doesn't seem too crazy.

Waiting for some other feedback, from folks who did extensions today.

Edited by mtls2005

When I move ( 3 times in 6 years ) I ALWAYS file a TM-30 PERSONALLY

Here is how I do it in "a package".

Color copy of photo Passport page

Copy of Entry Stamp

Copy of TM-6 Departure Card

Copy of Entry Permit - if any

Copy of TM-28 for SOME IO'es, MY IO uses a TM-47 90 Day Report instead

Copy of Extension of Stay ( "" Retirement Visa"" or "" Marriage Visa"" <= so called but no such thing )

Copy of Lease / Rental Agreement

Copy of Utility Deposits - IMPORTANT - make your deposits early and start service on the day you move...see next line

Sign the TM-30 as "POSSESSOR", strike out the other titles.

Get the RECEIPT and keep in Passport

I have never been refused, do within 24 hours of moving. I move after 18:00 on Friday, so I have extra time. This information was given to by a IO friend .... Its over kill but keeps me safe

You can also do if your landlord ( it IS their responsibility to file ) does not / will not file. If filed after 24 ( IO open hours ) you could face a fine, usually from 0 to 800THB, but as much as 1600THB.

Many people do NOT realize it is YOU that IS responsible to keep YOUR PAPERWORK up to date, don't get a ding on you immigration file!

Edited by edwardflory
more info
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Waiting for some other feedback, from folks who did extensions today.

I was at CW yesterday for my extension, and yes they did require the TM30. Since my wife is my landlord and we had the house book with us, we were able to complete both the TM30 and extension. Another farang I met there, couldn't do his extension because he didn't have the TM30 and couldn't do the TM30 because he didn't have the required documents from his landlord.

• Like 1

I have lived in The Kingdom for almost 9 years, and 4 years ago changed address and submitted a TM30.  I make the trip to Chaengwattana every 90 days, because I do not trust the online 90 day report system.

Once they call my number and I am at the window, the process has never taken more than 60 seconds, and no one ever asks for a TM30 or any other document.  Perhaps my landlord is doing his job well and that is in the system??... no clue really ... just reporting my experiences.

Welcome to the real world, this house owners receipt has been a requirement, stapled into your passport, for the last 3 years at least at Loei Immigration also if you leave the country the old one becomes invalid and a new one is required

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

Copy of Utility Deposits - IMPORTANT - make your deposits early and start service on the day you move...see next line

How do you manage to get this done within 24 hours if you just moved in?  I believe you, just don't know now you did it.

As an update to my original post, it now looks like the Facebook post I referred to may have been overly dramatic. It now seems Chaengwattana will accept TM30 applications without the owner or landlord being present and there is no requirement for a Power of Attorney. It seems very hit or miss, as some people seem to get away without even being asked for a TM30!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

As an update to my original post, it now looks like the Facebook post I referred to may have been overly dramatic.

Yes, it did strike me as quite outside the norm of the recent practices, and I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt until hearing from some folks I know who did extensions yesterday and today.

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

Many people do NOT realize it is YOU that IS responsible to keep YOUR PAPERWORK up to date, don't get a ding on you immigration file!

Obviously, but in the case of the TM30 it is really meant to be the responsibility of the hotel/guest house owner (since 1979) and landlords (in the last ~ two years).

Having foreigners self-report, after having them report via a TM-6, TM-7, TM-8, TM-47 et al, kind of defeats the purpose, or intent of the requirement?

TM30_brochure.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

How do you manage to get this done within 24 hours if you just moved in?  I believe you, just don't know now you did it.

I make a deposit on utilities and set installation date ( utilities start/install date .. day/month ) as far in advance as possible, 15 to 30 days usually.  Once a company called me to install the next day, I told them to look at the install date, whoops!

5 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

TM30_brochure.jpeg

Not exactly the kind of Thai language notice you'd want to aim at expat condo owners, home or apartment renters, etc etc...  But that sure hasn't stopped Immigration from fining and declining extensions and reports to expats without the TM30 receipt.

Take a Xanax and relax. Too many guys worry about things that don’t matter. If you  think Thailand wants to evict expats that have money you are paranoid. TM 30s are not a big deal. If you think Thailand wants to evict expats that are broke you are a realist. TM 30 and no money is a big deal everywhere in the world not just Thailand. Insert TM 30 for whatever you want to call it. No money no honey no anything. That is life and has been for centuries. Read some history books. ????

Edited by Wake Up
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toany said:

I was asked today to report my change of residence every time i spend a night in a different place by my local immigration office.  This i would have to do twice a week, every week.   They seem to treat us worse than criminals.  I really think they are trying to make it difficult for us to live here.  I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth all the hassle.

They also expected the owner to travel 200 KM to see them personally.

Is this at the Bangkok Chaeng Whattana immigration office and is it the notification with the form TM.30 you are talking about? If not, you are off topic in this thrrad

4 hours ago, Toany said:

I was asked today to report my change of residence every time i spend a night in a different place by my local immigration office.  This i would have to do twice a week, every week.   They seem to treat us worse than criminals.  I really think they are trying to make it difficult for us to live here.  I'm beginning to wonder if it is worth all the hassle.

They also expected the owner to travel 200 KM to see them personally.

I have never been asked to report my change of residence when I stay in hotels inside Thailand or when I leave the country. I have never notified Immigration upon my return. I have never notified my Leasing company and they never asked me to notify them. I have not had any problems with CW Immigration in Bangkok and have not been questioned one time about a TM30. Guess I have been lucky...

• Thanks 1

I work with someone who has his B visa pending, supposedly he has a few friends in the same boat at this moment.

Not allowing 90 day reports, and then fining us barring paperwork - all when you're in the country perfectly legally. That does not sit at all well with me.

Is this really "law" doesn't it need to be published to the Royal Gazette?

Can someone post a SIMPLE list of documents that will be needed for someone residing in - not changing residence? Im in an apartment thankfully. Thanks.

Edited by Number 6

52 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I work with someone who has his B visa pending, supposedly he has a few friends in the same boat at this moment.

Not allowing 90 day reports, and then fining us barring paperwork - all when you're in the country perfectly legally. That does not sit at all well with me.

Is this really "law" doesn't it need to be published to the Royal Gazette?

Can someone post a SIMPLE list of documents that will be needed for someone residing in - not changing residence? Im in an apartment thankfully. Thanks.

TM30 isnt a new law, its been on the books for years. The stricter enforcement came about after the shrine bombings a couple of years ago, For the rest of Thailand its been enforced for a couple of years now, Bangkok not so much but it appears its now being enforced more in Bangkok.

A simple list would be passport with a valid visa/extension, a TM30 receipt, a 90 day receipt and sometimes a certificate of residence to prove address.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

The stricter enforcement came about after the shrine bombings a couple of years ago, For the rest of Thailand its been enforced for a couple of years now, Bangkok not so much but it appears its now being enforced more in Bangkok.

It has been enforced for hotels, guest houses, resorts and etc for many years now. I can recall it being enforced back in 2008 for them. Immigration was visiting businesses up here back then and informing them about the online reporting.

The started enforcing for individual home owners and etc about 3 or 4 years ago in some areas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BertM said:

I have never been asked to report my change of residence when I stay in hotels inside Thailand or when I leave the country. I have never notified Immigration upon my return. I have never notified my Leasing company and they never asked me to notify them. I have not had any problems with CW Immigration in Bangkok and have not been questioned one time about a TM30. Guess I have been lucky...

are you on an extension of stay ?  when was your last renewal ?  new 'rules' have been in place for a few weeks (months ?) now.  my experience was same as yours until i visited to renew my extension of stay in may.

the good news, so far, is the B desk (TM30) IO didn't seem to care about reporting a return to my main residence after i've stayed in a hotel in thailand (i stay in one in buriram each month) or reporting when i've returned from outside of thailand (3-4 times a year).  the IO said i need to make sure that the TM30 on file before i go for my next extension is for my primary residence.  i had an issue as the last TM30 onfile was from the hotel in buriram.  the system only shows the last TM30 so when i stayed in that hotel, it knocked out the TM30 filed by my apt mgr.

i was able to call my apt mgr from CW and she updated the TM30 online and that satisified the B desk IO and i was able to complete my extension.

Edited by buick

18 hours ago, edwardflory said:

I move after 18:00 on Friday, so I have extra time. This information was given to by a IO friend .... Its over kill but keeps me safe

???????????? I feel perfectly safe and just mail my TM30 in when time is convenient to me. Works so far.

Having to bring your landlord to Immigration or get the PoA, with some sort of stamps, seems a bit more challenging.

What if the landlord lives overseas, and the lease is completed by the Juristic person as the agent, and the rent is paid directly into landlords account in BKK, condo in Phitsanulok, landlord permanent overseas

5 hours ago, buick said:

are you on an extension of stay ?  when was your last renewal ?  new 'rules' have been in place for a few weeks (months ?) now.  my experience was same as yours until i visited to renew my extension of stay in may.

I did my extension of stay at CW about two weeks ago and no mention of TM30 then, so it must be a very recent change.....or they are only picking on a few people for some reason.

I just moved up to Ubon 2 days ago and having GREAT difficulty in convincing the gf and her sister who owns this house that a TM30 was required in 24 hours.

Mai pen rai, can do next week......

Edited by MikeN

53 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I did my extension of stay at CW about two weeks ago and no mention of TM30 then, so it must be a very recent change.....or they are only picking on a few people for some reason.

I just moved up to Ubon 2 days ago and having GREAT difficulty in convincing the gf and her sister who owns this house that a TM30 was required in 24 hours.

Mai pen rai, can do next week......

If your planning on staying in ubon and doing your next extension there. .Then yes do a tm28 (change of address) and tm30.

If eventually going back to bkk, I would do nothing. Just one persons take on it.

I leave Thailand every week and also travel a lot in los. Live and obviously do extensions CW. Haven't done tm30 for 7 yrs. If current checking of tm30 continues at cw then my last entry into Thailand just before my next extension, I will do a tm30 by post. Currently type this from pattaya. Fireworks festival tonight. If they insisted on tm30, I would be doing over 50 per yr. Just a bulldust requirement.

Edited by DrJack54
Error
  • Like 2