New TM30 requirement at Chaengwattana

On 5/23/2019 at 4:02 PM, gjoo888 said:

I was at CW yesterday for my extension, and yes they did require the TM30.

They asked for mine, too.  I had done a TM30 a few weeks prior to my extension visit so I had the receipt to show them.  But that wasn't enough - the immigration officer (L section, retirement extensions) wanted to see all the original documents that I presented to the B desk when I did the TM30.  She wanted the owner's house book, ID and power of attorney form.  I did not have them in hand, but I had saved hi-resolution color scans in my google drive which I could call up on my phone and show her.  She said that would be okay but I would need to go find some copy shop that could print the photos off so I could tender them to her.

So the TM30 serves no apparent purpose other than to collect 800 baht, because you'll need to show all of that documentation all over again when you do an extension later.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, attrayant said:

They asked for mine, too.  I had done a TM30 a few weeks prior to my extension visit so I had the receipt to show them.  But that wasn't enough - the immigration officer (L section, retirement extensions) wanted to see all the original documents that I presented to the B desk when I did the TM30.  She wanted the owner's house book, ID and power of attorney form.  I did not have them in hand, but I had saved hi-resolution color scans in my google drive which I could call up on my phone and show her.  She said that would be okay but I would need to go find some copy shop that could print the photos off so I could tender them to her.

So the TM30 serves no apparent purpose other than to collect 800 baht, because you'll need to show all of that documentation all over again when you do an extension later.

was that during the visit to CW where the IO wanted you to produce the bankbook(s) and bank letters going back 3 years to somehow verify the 800k you'd had on deposit for the past 4 years?

same desk, same IO?

or was this the follow-up visit where you brought the additional documents as requested?

Edited by ChouDoufu

Know two people who completed their annual ext stay/ret at Div. 1/CW Thursday.

One, whose condo manager had previously reported him via the online (TM30) system (he did not have any sort of proof documenting this), passed this check and proceeded directly to area L, he was out by 11:00.

Another, whose apartment owner is still awaiting registration for the online system and has never reported him via any TM30 option, got stuck and had to clear the "B" counter first. He was there quite early, with documents in hand (blue book, signed by owner; ID of owner, signed, lease), staff helped him complete the paper TM30, for which he received the bottom-most section as a receipt. No fine asked/paid. 15 Minutes, but the queue behind him was up to 200-ish. The owner was not with him, nor did he have the PoA.

I was able to successfully complete a 90-day report ONLINE, there is no TM30 on file for me (yet).

• Thanks 1

They make it difficult for you to visit anyone.  Visit a friend and stay a night with them and you are both liable for a fine. The safest way is to stay at home. You will be breaking the law, a criminal. 

Welcome to Thailand. 

You will soon be breaking their laws

• Like 1

Next month I’ll be doing my third retirement extension at CW and I’m worried about the new TM30 requirement; I’d never even heard of the form before reading this topic.

Is it correct that some officers at CW will ask for it and some will not?                                                                                         

If landlord of my apartment in of my private compound has never filled it in, and it requires notification 24 hrs after arrival, isn’t it already too late? In that case, what should I prepare for my extension visit? If I have her fill in the form and bring it with me, what should be written as the date of my arrival at the residence?

And please advise where to download the current form from. I’m not sure I have the up-to-date form.

Thanks for your help.